Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First Flight in H

Wings, I have not tried the Journey (JOUR) function. Curve Cable Cam (CCC), Point of Interest (POI) and ORBIT ME however don't control the actuation of the camera. In my mind the automation for TASKS is there to free up the pilot to focus on clicking on the stills button or starting the video and then controlling the camera PAN/TILT.

I hope others will let me know if I've stated this correctly.

Ron

That makes sense Ron because in Orbit or Poi you have to position the camera to get the subject in the center of the orbit or poi. Then you can turn on the video or take a picture. However the Jour still does not make sense to me because why do I need the automated Task of having the bird fly away from me so that I can manually take a picture then have the bird fly right back along the same path? I can easily do all that manually and quicker without going into the task menu and going through the modes to activate. Either I am still missing something or this is a task that has very little practical use as a selfi application.

I concur with this, I tried journey mode this morning when I went out to fly and thought it would have taken a photo or video automatically, was surprised when I got the card out of the camera and didn't have anything from that operation. Did take my 1st few photos and a short (almost) 360 pan from about 80ft altitude. Impressed with the quality but I do need to look at filters as the sun glare was harsh.YUN00005.jpg

Very nice photo, trailrunnerx!!! Check out Polar Pro ND filters. They're glass not plastic.

Very nice photo, trailrunnerx!!! Check out Polar Pro ND filters. They're glass not plastic.
I read someplace the lens on the CGO3 is plastic. I still have not taken my film protector off so I am curious about what is plastic. Also curious about the ST-16 screen if it is glass or not.

That makes sense Ron because in Orbit or Poi you have to position the camera to get the subject in the center of the orbit or poi. Then you can turn on the video or take a picture. However the Jour still does not make sense to me because why do I need the automated Task of having the bird fly away from me so that I can manually take a picture then have the bird fly right back along the same path? I can easily do all that manually and quicker without going into the task menu and going through the modes to activate. Either I am still missing something or this is a task that has very little practical use as a selfi application.

Nobody has ever claimed everything with the TH480 made sense.:D

Reactions: trailrunnerx
IMHO you aren't missing anything...unless I'm missing the exact same thing. I expect some pilot's will find this feature of some use, but for the life of me I can't think what that use would be. As I've previously stated, of all the automated features the only one I've used (and I do use it regularly) is P.O.I. Regarding CCC, I can see a use for that and I suppose that one day I'll use it, but so far I've managed without using it.

Flush. I also feel that for now the only "task" that has some practicality is POI. I have not tried CCC yet either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis