Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First Flight in H

Reaction score
Flew the H for the first time yesterday and today. Did some airwork including turns climbs, decent, hovering. Tried several manual landings and a couple of RTH. Love the way the H turns around during the landing phase of RTH and lowers the gear.
Today tried Orbit Me, Poi,
selfi, more airwork. Checked the feature that prevents you from landing the H gear up. Works great! So far I am averaging 17' 30" per battery.( First Warning ) Really like how you can do a flyby and have the camera shooting 90 degrees to the side as you do. Saw 30 mph with a tailwind yesterday. Today, with the sensitivity set to about 50% saw 20mph.So far so good. No glitches.

Sounds good, take it slow. I was only able to get one short test flight on Christmas Eve, it was in the 30's. Since then it has been too cold for me.

Flew the H for the first time yesterday and today. Did some airwork including turns climbs, decent, hovering. Tried several manual landings and a couple of RTH. Love the way the H turns around during the landing phase of RTH and lowers the gear.
Today tried Orbit Me, Poi,
selfi, more airwork. Checked the feature that prevents you from landing the H gear up. Works great! So far I am averaging 17' 30" per battery.( First Warning ) Really like how you can do a flyby and have the camera shooting 90 degrees to the side as you do. Saw 30 mph with a tailwind yesterday. Today, with the sensitivity set to about 50% saw 20mph.So far so good. No glitches.
Try to land before the first warning, wings, and you will extend the battery's overall lifespan.

I'm glad you are liking it. The only automated system I use on mine is P.O.I. In the 18 months I've been flying mine I've never found the urge to use Orbit and the others. Landings are important...keep practicing them. Remember: if it bounces then there's room for improvement.

Good luck and have fun with it.

Question for you Flush. Set the bird up for the automatic selfi. Did what it was suppose to do.
Flew out a distance then was suppose to take the picture and come back. It did all of that but never took the picture. The instructions are not to clear here. Do you select camera and somehow the bird trips the shutter??

Question for you Flush. Set the bird up for the automatic selfi. Did what it was suppose to do.
Flew out a distance then was suppose to take the picture and come back. It did all of that but never took the picture. The instructions are not to clear here. Do you select camera and somehow the bird trips the shutter??
I've never tried that but the way I understand it is that you have the aircraft in camera mode and then you have to take the picture yourself (someone correct me if I'm wrong). A tip: If you want pictures that are not intended for commercial use, then let the aircraft take video footage. Then drop the still pictures directly from the footage using VLC Video Player. It gives reasonably good quality images. Obviously the better resolution you set the camera (4K say) then the better quality of still image. You can get VLC Video Player for free.

If I'm not doing a commercial job then that's what I do. Here's an example of a picture taken from video footage. Camera resolution in this instance was at 1080f.
Miln2.png

Great picture! I hope someone responds to that question about the selfi. Still not sure. Guess I will have to try some test flilghts. Happy New Year

a 4k example from Holland, also video still, no postprocessing... just a ND filter and manual camera settings (WB locked, shutter 1/60').
You can click the image for a bit bigger format.

View media item 652
copyright: AEROBOTIK aerial imaging

:)

Last edited:
Sounds good, take it slow. I was only able to get one short test flight on Christmas Eve, it was in the 30's. Since then it has been too cold for me.

I would love 20 degrees right now. We are the coldest in the USA. I’m sick of 30 below this isn’t right.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I feel for you Rae. We're supposed to get above freezing in another day or two. That's waaaaaay too cold for where I live.

Ron

Are you referring to "Journey" where the H flies out and up? If so, that is just a flight mode and to my knowledge the the camera does not take a picture, it must be done by you. Like you mention, the info on these operations is not very clear but I don't think there is any automation of operation for the camera, to take a picture or video it must be initiated by you from the controller.

Well, I am in France at the moment and weather is not joyfull neither although it is not cold like on your side of The Water.
Although I read rain is not to be blamed for short-circuiting or damaging the motors of my H I did not take the chance to get out to fly.

Pity, because there were obviously nice moments between the showers.....

View media item 654

Last edited:
Are you referring to "Journey" where the H flies out and up? If so, that is just a flight mode and to my knowledge the the camera does not take a picture, it must be done by you. Like you mention, the info on these operations is not very clear but I don't think there is any automation of operation for the camera, to take a picture or video it must be initiated by you from the controller.

If that were the case than was is it listed as a task? Journey. We can simply position the bird manually, the way we want it, and take are own picture. Why do we need the "Journey" to do that for us especially if wew still have to manually trip the shutter? Does not make sense. Thanks for your reply!

Wings, I have not tried the Journey (JOUR) function. Curve Cable Cam (CCC), Point of Interest (POI) and ORBIT ME however don't control the actuation of the camera. In my mind the automation for TASKS is there to free up the pilot to focus on clicking on the stills button or starting the video and then controlling the camera PAN/TILT.

I hope others will let me know if I've stated this correctly.

Ron

I would agree. It not only frees up some of the work load of flying; to concentrate on one's camera work, but it also flies the task more precisely than some pilots are capable of. Sort of like how in a car, cruise control maintains speed on the highway better than a majority of drivers who can barely stay withing a 10 MPH target speed.

Reactions: rdonson
I've never tried that but the way I understand it is that you have the aircraft in camera mode and then you have to take the picture yourself (someone correct me if I'm wrong). A tip: If you want pictures that are not intended for commercial use, then let the aircraft take video footage. Then drop the still pictures directly from the footage using VLC Video Player. It gives reasonably good quality images. Obviously the better resolution you set the camera (4K say) then the better quality of still image. You can get VLC Video Player for free.

If I'm not doing a commercial job then that's what I do. Here's an example of a picture taken from video footage. Camera resolution in this instance was at 1080f.
View attachment 8103
I agree with FV, also you can download for free GOM Player, It seems to handle 4k video better for me, but both are excellent for being freebies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy