Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First Flight Results (9-10-17)

G

Guest99

After having done the firmware update on this new H I've had sitting here in it's box, using an old Dell computer that hasn't been turned on in two years (running Windows 7) here is how the test went.

#1. Did a 12 foot hover for two minutes. All was well and then landed.

#2. Did a 20 foot hover for two minutes and attempted to raise the landing gear. They wouldn't budge so I landed and started looking in my manual under FAQs and Troubleshooting. God, Yuneec needs help in writing manuals. This one for the H is better than the one I read a couple of years ago when I bought my first Yuneec Q500 4K, but it still needs improvement as well as their compass calibration sheet. (And I need new knees, trying to see those little flashing lights on the bottom of the H and the Q500.) The on-off button on the H is a vast improvement over the Q500.My feelings are that Yuneec gets a gold star for engineering and design, but they need some help in writing manuals.

#3. Did a third 20 foot hover and "messed" with the gear-up switch again. I saw the slightest hint the left gear leg "quivered" and so I started flipping the switch back and forth, then observed the right gear leg doing a "quiver" (this is starting to read like a cheap paperback love story now, using quiver...) Finally after doing the herky-jerky with the switch, the gear raised all the way up, so I went full throttle to check on my goats. The H is much faster than the Q500.

I'm probably going to inject a very small amount of silicon spray lubricant into the area where I suspect the gear legs are tight and resume "goat inspections" tomorrow. Neither my goats nor my burro Pablo (who guards them) cares that I fly drones over the ranch. I suspect they simply think they are very noisy buzzards and ignore my drones. I just hope my goats don't send an email to the local FSDO to report an old rancher is flying drones over them. (FSDO = Flight Standards District Office, and in my case, the FAA guys are in Lubbock - a 400 mile round trip in a car. I suspect they would ignore the email from my head goat, Billy.)

Last edited by a moderator:
the gear raised all the way up,
The landing gear takes a lot of hard hits during shipping and the gear has frequently been reported as jammed on arrival at your door. The easiest way to check it or get it "unstuck" is to remove the camera, turn on the ST and the H, turn the H up-side-down and then raise and lower the gear. Generally after you get it working it will continue to function.
Yuneec needs help in writing manuals.
You are so right. One of the members started an online manual here: Want to help make a better manual?

Reactions: Guest99
The landing gear takes a lot of hard hits during shipping and the gear has frequently been reported as jammed on arrival at your door. The easiest way to check it or get it "unstuck" is to remove the camera, turn on the ST and the H, turn the H up-side-down and then raise and lower the gear. Generally after you get it working it will continue to function.

You are so right. One of the members started an online manual here: Want to help make a better manual?

Thanks for the info. I'll look into the gear tomorrow. And, I'll try and keep a log of discrepancies I find in the manual and other printed material. My brain is fried from MS lesions but I still remember I have a degree in Mass Communications and it continues to haunt me after all these decades. The MS part is pure **** in trying to remember the stuff in the manual and what the devil the flashing lights mean, but my dogs (all 10 of them) seem to enjoy the flashing lights (or do I have one dog and there are 10 lights on my drone? Oh well...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextsi