Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First flight Typhoon H

Reaction score
This is my first attempt at a drone video. It’s a “Real Estate Video” I shot of my mother-in-laws House. I shot it in 4K 30, with Auto white balance, manual exposure - 1/60 sec. I am a little disappointed with the jittery finished product and would love some feed back on what the problem might be. I used a U3 sd card, so I don’t think that is the issue. When I bought my laptop I really thought it was powerful enough to handle 4K, but... it’s got an I7 Kaby Lake quad core processor, 16 gigs of ram,and a dedicated gtx1060 video card with 6gigs of video ram. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like your laptop has the guts and the U3 card is adequate. However, I once had that problem with 1080 footage from my H when editing on this HD resolution laptop. The laptop has a NVIDIA Cuda card, 8gig memory and runs at 2.53GHz (boost to 2.8GHz) using an i5 processor, so while not capable of running 4K stuff without loads of stuttering, it should have been well capable of running HD stuff. 'Turned out that my problem was with the video editor I was using. I changed the editor and viola, the problem went away.

I'm not saying that the problem in your case is your editor...only that it is one likely source. Maybe worth trying a few other editors (free versions in the first instance) and if you find one that eliminates the stutter then go for that.

Hmmm... That’s a good thought. I am using DaVinci Resolve 15. Its a free beta version. Maybe that is the problem. I’ll reach out to them and see if they are having that kind of problem with the beta. I was thinking of ponying up the $300.00 for the full version. What are you using? Thanks for the input.
Cheers,
Jeff

Sounds like your laptop has the guts and the U3 card is adequate. However, I once had that problem with 1080 footage from my H when editing on this HD resolution laptop. The laptop has a NVIDIA Cuda card, 8gig memory and runs at 2.53GHz (boost to 2.8GHz) using an i5 processor, so while not capable of running 4K stuff without loads of stuttering, it should have been well capable of running HD stuff. 'Turned out that my problem was with the video editor I was using. I changed the editor and viola, the problem went away.

I'm not saying that the problem in your case is your editor...only that it is one likely source. Maybe worth trying a few other editors (free versions in the first instance) and if you find one that eliminates the stutter then go for that.

Thanks for the input. It turns out you are right. My editing software is the culprit. Was using DaVinci Pro 15 beta. I just spent the last couple of days trying out various other apps - Vegas Pro, Hitfilm Express, Magix Video Pro and PremierePro. I have been resisting Premiere Pro because I don’t like the prescription nature of buying it, but... it is by far the one I liked best, so I bit the bullet and bought it. No more stuttering video. Thanks so much.

Thanks for the input. It turns out you are right. My editing software is the culprit. Was using DaVinci Pro 15 beta. I just spent the last couple of days trying out various other apps - Vegas Pro, Hitfilm Express, Magix Video Pro and PremierePro. I have been resisting Premiere Pro because I don’t like the prescription nature of buying it, but... it is by far the one I liked best, so I bit the bullet and bought it. No more stuttering video. Thanks so much.

You're welcome.
Ironically, it was with Davinci that I was having problems with, albeit at 1080 rez. A great editor but rendered stuttering videos.

I shopped around and eventually settled on Filmora and using that my problem was fixed.

You're welcome.
Ironically, it was with Davinci that I was having problems with, albeit at 1080 rez. A great editor but rendered stuttering videos.

I shopped around and eventually settled on Filmora and using that my problem was fixed.

Oh now that’s interesting. DaVinci obviously has a problem. Too bad, I really liked the interface. I didn’t look at Filmora. I did look at Pinnacle and Corel as well, but I was looking for something with robust color grading. PP has that, and since I am a long time Photoshop and Lightroom user I guess it just made sense to me. Thanks again.
Cheers,
Jeff

Reactions: FlushVision

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval