Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First Gig!

Idk if it where me & it where my first gig with it being someone like that that most likely has tons of people view his website each day so ie they'll all be seeing your video. I'd offer the video service to him for free but in exchange for you doing it see if he'd be open to putting a button right next to every where the video is posted ie each page (make sure the button is easily seen) & the button would link anyone who clicked on it over to you & your drone video services. You can buy a .com url from GoDaddy for $9.99 a year with the 1st year only costing $0.99 & they provide you with basic tools to where you can upload some pics & a few videos onto your page as well as provide pricing info for anyone interested & that way too you'd then be able to use your site as your personal portfolio & as you get better & more experienced you can raise your pricing. Yes deff make sure not to just price anything low just because you may fear that you'll lose the customer if you charged more because if that ever pops in your head just think of this; it only takes one single mistake or accident where your H crashes & at the least you only minorly scuff it up & possibly break a blade or 2 but what you don't see in that best case scenario is all the damage that it did cause to your H like possibly that now because of the broken propeller now you might not get as long of life out of that motor because of the shock it experienced or maybe you don't immediately have any issues but say down the road while your on your 8th or 9th gig your camera gimbal starts acting strange & out of whach that your not able to fix. Or in your worse case scenario your H crashes & its deemed totalled well now just because you where worried that if you charged to much you may have lost that customer now your not only missing out on the additional income that you already should of been getting but also every single penny NOT of how much money you've invested into it but rather how much money its going to cost you to go & the buy all of it over again & if you spent any of your own time doing any mods etc. your going to have to spend all that time again to redo all if them. Look at well managed restraunts, they all like to keep their total food cost right around 25% or below so that means they have 75% of what ever they make reserved only for a small bit of wages then the rest is all profit.

That's all part of a business plan. Hopefully those starting a business make one and at least outline the customer base and cost structure. A word of advice about your equipment; plan for a maximum of 50 flight hours as life cycle. Divide the cost of a new rig by 50 and add that amount to your hourly fee structure. Set that aside. If you only get 25 hours you'll still have half the cost of a new rig covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy