Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First "successful flight" on H+ Camera Focus Issue However

Reaction score
It flies great. Compass calibration method is quite different..you alternate with just too sides three times each instead of the blinking lights on the H you hear beep for switching. Interface was unclear but I figured this out by trial and error. The interface issues are supposed to be straighten out soon making them more intuitive very soon. Now for the very sad news. My lens was improperly focused....nothing in the images I shot are in focus. I think they've once again focused for objects very close which when you're flying a drone results in almost nothing being sharp...in my images I could not find anything properly focused. For me they are also going to have to get rid of only option for DNG is also shooting a jpeg. I need just DNG all Jpegs do is create clutter since they are displayed right after the DNG. I will have to send this unit back and I will not be flying it in Iceland as I had planned. Too bad they couldn't get this correct...this is one reason why I put custom lenses on the H. Perhaps they just screwed up on the one I got but regardless I cannot use it for any photography.

Speaking about JPEGS and DNG photos it turns out the JPEG photos are properly focused but all the DNG photos of same subject and taken at same time are soft. MP4 4K video looks sharp..beautiful....

Last edited:
Thats normal JPG have internal sharpening applied but the DNG should be straight from the sensor with no sharpening and colour processing. Leaving you to do that in post.

Thats normal JPG have internal sharpening applied but the DNG should be straight from the sensor with no sharpening and colour processing. Leaving you to do that in post.
I've process about 70,000 raw images believe me this is not normal...I think it stems from the fact that there is no camera profile...all my raw images are always sharp. Neither Photoshop or Lightroom knows what this is from it thinks it's a "GoPro" camera image. Kevin send me your email and I'll send you copies of a couple of files so you can see for yourself.

Last edited:
It flies great. Compass calibration method is quite different..you alternate with just too sides three times each instead of the blinking lights on the H you hear beep for switching. Interface was unclear but I figured this out by trial and error. The interface issues are supposed to be straighten out soon making them more intuitive very soon. Now for the very sad news. My lens was improperly focused....nothing in the images I shot are in focus. I think they've once again focused for objects very close which when you're flying a drone results in almost nothing being sharp...in my images I could not find anything properly focused. For me they are also going to have to get rid of only option for DNG is also shooting a jpeg. I need just DNG all Jpegs do is create clutter since they are displayed right after the DNG. I will have to send this unit back and I will not be flying it in Iceland as I had planned. Too bad they couldn't get this correct...this is one reason why I put custom lenses on the H. Perhaps they just screwed up on the one I got but regardless I cannot use it for any photography.

Speaking about JPEGS and DNG photos it turns out the JPEG photos are properly focused but all the DNG photos of same subject and taken at same time are soft.

Drat! - I was hoping to hear an overall view of this machine. Hopefully they can get this fixed./ repaired quickly

Regarding my background, I've been a professional photographer for 44 years, I was part of a group of 18 members of the National Press Photographers Assoc. who put out the first digital newspaper. I also helped establish the protocols for sending jpeg photos over cell phones...www.michaelkienitz.com I was using Photoshop before it had a name and did training for Adobe as well as testing...I know this is not correct with regard to DNG and JPEG sharpness.

Regarding my background, I've been a professional photographer for 44 years, I was part of a group of 18 members of the National Press Photographers Assoc. who put out the first digital newspaper. I also helped establish the protocols for sending jpeg photos over cell phones...www.michaelkienitz.com I was using Photoshop before it had a name and did training for Adobe as well as testing...I know this is not correct with regard to DNG and JPEG sharpness.

Mickeyboo that is disappointing to hear... wondering if you call CS 8AM Monday, maybe they will cross-ship a new camera to you. The first CGO3+ that came with my original H got bricked in that Oct 2016 FW fiasco. They cross-shipped a new CGO3+ to me immediately.

Have you attempted the GET/SET SHARPNESS command to see if/where they pre-set that at?

Last edited:
Well, 44 years, it respects !, but the first thing that we do with a drone to really appreciate its photographic quality or video, we leave it on the ground and compare a plan with the cameras that we know.
It's not worth flying, if it's not good down, it will not be good upstairs.
My first Typhoon H never flew. He did not pass the ground test (poor focusing, poor sensor alignment). The second was impeccable.

Last edited:
There are absolutely differences between individual OEM cameras... the CGO3+ I had cross-shipped to me was well focused... A second CGO3+ I purchased was poorly focused... but since that camera was acquired with the intention of having a Peau 8.25 installed, at the time it was irrelevant.

Mickeyboo that is disappointing to hear... wondering if you call CS 8AM Monday, maybe they will cross-ship a new camera to you. The first CGO3+ that came with my original H got bricked in that Oct 2016 FW fiasco. They cross-shipped a new CGO3+ to me immediately.

Have you attempted the GET/SET SHARPNESS command to see if/where they pre-set that at?
Thanks for the advice but I will be in a jeep driving to South East Coast of Iceland. Now knowing that Mp4 is sharp as well as Jpeg I will take it with me and hope that perhaps a profile will be released or one close enough to the H+ camera can be used to get good DNG's

I'm waiting at least a 6 months to a year before getting mine. Sorry your are having issues but, this will ensure 99.9% problem free H by the time I get mine. My dad always told me not to buy anything that just came out - my golden rule now. Hope things get worked out for you. Congrats on the new toy.

Reactions: rdonson
Thanks for the advice but I will be in a jeep driving to South East Coast of Iceland. Now knowing that Mp4 is sharp as well as Jpeg I will take it with me and hope that perhaps a profile will be released or one close enough to the H+ camera can be used to get good DNG's
Almost sounds like a firmware issue. Since the .JPG and .mp4 shots are sharp, the camera and lens may be OK. I don't think the sharpening algorithms applied to those formats are clever enough to correct an out-of-focus lens or bad sensor.

Yuneec needs to learn from their errors as they will lose previous customers who wish the best for them. I own tornado 920+, Q500 4k, H480 pro. Did not bite the bullet for the H520 and good I didn't from all I have read. The H plus seems to be an offshoot of the h520 with the same problems they never fixed for the 520, now released in the h+. All we wanted was three reliability we have with the H480 with a better camera and more flight time. I don't want to buy a DJI again but they aren't giving me hope.

Yuneec needs to learn from their errors as they will lose previous customers who wish the best for them. I own tornado 920+, Q500 4k, H480 pro. Did not bite the bullet for the H520 and good I didn't from all I have read. The H plus seems to be an offshoot of the h520 with the same problems they never fixed for the 520, now released in the h+. All we wanted was three reliability we have with the H480 with a better camera and more flight time. I don't want to buy a DJI again but they aren't giving me hope.

Avery,

Hopefully you have found some of Mickeyboo’s other H+ posts. He has some of us salivating.

I think he likes it! Mickey likes it!

Jeff

Based on Mickey’s continuing reports the Plus is pretty darn good in the camera department. There’s s couple flight assist tools missing in these early versions but reports have at least one of them, switchable GPS, is alleged to be added in a firmware update, with that date as yet unannounced. We can only hope it happens on or before the formal July release. I’m very much hoping cruise control is added back in at that time.

Should only those two features be returned the Plus will check all the boxes the original H did, but will do that with a much better camera and improved flight time. What Yuneec’s intentions are after that would be nice to know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss