Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Five motor flight

Reaction score
If you lose a blade, the H is supposed to be able to fly in five motor mode, do you have to manually enter this mode somehow or is it automatic?

I landed the drone on a small "island" 20' feet from me and clipped a blade shearing off both sides, but the drone was upright. I tried to fly it back, but on take of it just completely rolled over?

Flashing the five motor warning! Should I have just hand retrieved the drone or was it able to fly with five motors?

Sorry if what I have asked is confusing :)

Also, what are these directional buttons used for? (See attached pic)

Thanks

Mike

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
What you said is clear. I have only seen videos of the H on 5 props that was already flying. Your finding that it will not take off on 5 is probably valid. The 4-way switches are not used presently, as far as I have heard, unless for something on the tablet in Pad mode.

As above, although the typhoon H can land safely with 5 motors, it isn't designed to take off and fly well with only 5. It's more of a failsafe; incase a bird takes a prop out or if one motor fails. You should be able to land safely/fairly well with one motor gone.
I built my own quad once, one motor failed and that pretty much plummeted out of the sky. So having this redundancy is peace of mind for me.

Reactions: abinder
As the others have said,l it is a fail-safe not a flight mode.
It is automatic and it would have to be. It kicks in when it senses something wrong with one of the blades.

It is designed to fly it back to you and land or just land in one piece. Once landed just go retrieve it do not try to fly it.

What you said is clear. I have only seen videos of the H on 5 props that was already flying. Your finding that it will not take off on 5 is probably valid. The 4-way switches are not used presently, as far as I have heard, unless for something on the tablet in Pad mode.
I have seen a video of a H taking off on just 5 blades. It was actually done by that Japanese dude (I forget his name) that has done a lot of tests (so we don't have to).

I recall in the vid that although it did take off it was a bit unsteady with some sideways motion but nothing that an experienced H flyer (Not me unfortunately) can't handle.

I clipped a tree branch and lost half a prop - the H flight was not affected. I landed and this was the result.

Attachments

• H Broken Prop.jpg
    H Broken Prop.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
Yes you CAN fly it but I would not recommend it, at least for any longer then is necessary. The motor opposite the one that is not working will get really hot, it spins 3 times in one direction, then 3 in the other, back and forth to compensate. Not good to do for very long. Again designed as an emergency fail-safe option.

Lou Ming is GREAT, he abuses his H for our enjoyment. i:)i

You can fly fine with only 5 props. The drone will NOT fly away or crash. How do I know... because I stupidly flew with only 5 props.

I was getting the Typhoon ready for takeoff, installing the props when someone came over and asked questions. In speaking to the person I did not realize that I only had 5 props installed. I took off, the whole time speaking to the interested person and not looking at my controller. I flew around as I normally would and found the Typhoon to be sluggish and wobbly. After about 3 mins of flying, and talking, I looked at my buzzing controller to see the motor error message. I brought the Typhoon back and hand caught it. I thought the sixth prop had flown off but nope, there it was in the bag.... I had forgotten to install it (Duh). I now double check that six props are installed.

Reactions: GRH
You can fly fine with only 5 props. The drone will NOT fly away or crash. How do I know... because I stupidly flew with only 5 props.

I was getting the Typhoon ready for takeoff, installing the props when someone came over and asked questions. In speaking to the person I did not realize that I only had 5 props installed. I took off, the whole time speaking to the interested person and not looking at my controller. I flew around as I normally would and found the Typhoon to be sluggish and wobbly. After about 3 mins of flying, and talking, I looked at my buzzing controller to see the motor error message. I brought the Typhoon back and hand caught it. I thought the sixth prop had flown off but nope, there it was in the bag.... I had forgotten to install it (Duh). I now double check that six props are installed.
Sounds like something I would do. I should probably triple check prop install.

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE
Controller buzzing, pop-ups obscuring screen saying "switch to 5 motor mode".
HOW do I switch to 5 motor mode? I want to stop the alerts, stop the vibrating - and switch to 5 motor mode. How do I do that?

Controller buzzing, pop-ups obscuring screen saying "switch to 5 motor mode".
HOW do I switch to 5 motor mode? I want to stop the alerts, stop the vibrating - and switch to 5 motor mode. How do I do that?

The H did already switch to 5 motor mode, it does automatically. If it would have to wait for the pilot to switch to stress-mode odds are it has already crashed.
You wont be able to stop alerts other then tapping the screen while you try to land the bird as soon as possible.

Reactions: dbonnar
Tapping the back icon usually clears screen warnings but some are so persistent you end up spending all your time tapping the back icon instead of flying.

The H did already switch to 5 motor mode, it does automatically. If it would have to wait for the pilot to switch to stress-mode odds are it has already crashed.
You wont be able to stop alerts other then tapping the screen while you try to land the bird as soon as possible.

Thanks - makes sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval