Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FIXED: LED Switch? When does it work?

Y

Yuneec Pilot

Hi i wanted to ask when exactly does the LED off button work? Only at night?
Because i tried to deactivate LEDs (on ground) but nothing happened...

what happens when its off the ground?
Well i thought there might be a difference between turning them off on the ground and turning them off in mid-flight. But after seeing Captaindrone's video, it worked for him on the ground, so it should work on mine as well... I also just checked the st16 again to make sure that it wasn't deactivated in some settings but found nothing so far.

I turned it on to enter the channel settings, but didn't try leds with it? is it necessary?

You don't have to go into any other screen. On the main flight mode screen, tap the "Setting Calibration" button on the right side of your screen. The tap the LED switch to turn them off or back on. I've attached a photo for you.LEDlightSwitching.jpg

Reactions: BobW55 and Rayray
You don't have to go into any other screen. On the main flight mode screen, tap the "Setting Calibration" button on the right side of your screen. The tap the LED switch to turn them off or back on. I've attached a photo for you.View attachment 4082
I know exactly where the switch is . It just doesn't work. I tap it, there is a little red flash to indicate that the button was pressed, but nothing happens. I also checked it again with Advanced Mode turned on. Same result.
I normally have Advanced mode off to prevent myself from fuzzing with the Channel Settings.

@Yuneec Pilot
When you tap the LED on/off switch, does the ST-16 indicate that the LEDs should be off?
If Yes, possibly try making a new model, and rebind to that model.
Only other options I can think of would be to reload the new firmware again.
Last option would be to call Yuneec on Monday. And yes the LEDs on/off do work on the ground. The motors do not have to be running.
Please let us know what you find out.

I know exactly where the switch is . It just doesn't work. I tap it, there is a little red flash to indicate that the button was pressed, but nothing happens. I also checked it again with Advanced Mode turned on. Same result.
I normally have Advanced mode off to prevent myself from fuzzing with the Channel Settings.

I am wondering if your "H" has the complete version of the firmware upgrade from early September?? Can you take a screenshot by tapping the center button at the bottom of the main screen? You have to hold your finger on it for a couple seconds for it to work. If not, then I think the firmware didn't get fully installed. Both the LED switch and the screenshot feature are part of that upgrade.

It works on mine. Good question.

I am wondering if your "H" has the complete version of the firmware upgrade from early September?? Can you take a screenshot by tapping the center button at the bottom of the main screen? You have to hold your finger on it for a couple seconds for it to work. If not, then I think the firmware didn't get fully installed. Both the LED switch and the screenshot feature are part of that upgrade.
I have successfully updated to the newest version b25.
screenshot will follow

I have not tried turning the LED's off at this point since update, but thanks for asking as I was curious about it as well!

I have my H sitting on my desk, no props, not running I just turn it on and I can turn the motor leds on and off with no problem. I have the latest software installed. Of course the main Led cannot be turned off.

OKAY GUYS
AFTER UPDATING TO THE NEWEST VERSION OF YTH FIRMWARE, I NOW HAVE THE ABILITY TO SWITCH LEDS OFF AND ON AS NORMALLY!
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

I have the same issue but others too I can't turn the GPS off and it won't calibrate the accelerometer. I have reinstalled all the firmware and have tried binding the controller again still no joy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval