Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flashing Blue Light

Reaction score
I crashed my H a couple of days ago and have had to do some repairs. It was a pretty hard crash, but I only lost 3 blades and the camera gimbal came off on impact...Which damaged the part that slides onto the bird. I believe I have that fixed for the moment.

I have a Rapid Blue Flashing Light on the H and I have no GPS. But I am showing 14 Satelites....Help?!?! BTW there is nothing in the documentation about a Blue Flashing Light?!

EDIT: I also don't show the Voltage of the Battery on the H

The rapid blue light means you are not bound to the aircraft. Tilt the TH forward and back until you get the main LED to flash orange then bind to the aircraft. You should then show telemetry on the controller.

The rapid blue light means you are not bound to the aircraft. Tilt the TH forward and back until you get the main LED to flash orange then bind to the aircraft. You should then show telemetry on the controller.

I just tried that , tipping it forward over a dozen times...No Joy

I just tried that , tipping it forward over a dozen times...No Joy
If I remember correctly with both the H and the ST16 on, in System settings you have to tap either Refresh or Reset, tap on the Model displayed then Tip the H and then tap bind. If the light doesn't turn orange after 2 tips it won't. Try the other Refresh or Reset.

If I remember correctly with both the H and the ST16 on, in System settings you have to tap either Refresh or Reset, tap on the Model displayed then Tip the H and then tap bind. If the light doesn't turn orange after 2 tips it won't. Try the other Refresh or Reset.
Hmmm, still no go....Very frustrating....

Put the ST-16 in Team mode, then turn on the aircraft. After that go to settings and “refresh” the firmware search.

See page 43 for the binding procedure. If you cannot get the TH to go into bind mode (orange flashing) something may have been damaged in the crash.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 16
Crap...I made the mistake of hitting the Team mode, got the flashing orange light. Thinking maybe I could bypass the binding...My Wizard won't connect either....Now, I can't get it OUT OF TEAM MODE. I select single and it goes right back to Team.... I have a new shotgun that I haven't shot yet...getting r e a l tempted!
I have tried everything I can think of, but the bird does NOT show up under the binding menu (along with the camera)…No problem binding the camera, photos and videos work, etc. (Insert Heavy Sigh Here)

Reactions: Truman
Go to page 48 in the manual attached above and refer to the team mode binding for the Wizard and ST-16. Once you get that, try switching back to single mode from the instructions immediately following the binding instructions. If you still can’t bind to the aircraft with either controller I think there is most likely a problem with the RC receiver on the TH.

@Texas_Willie

I heard a loud bang recently and hoping you haven’t tried out the new shotgun yet, you need to get the TH repaired first so you can have a moving target. A sitting duck is not a challenge at all, definitely not sporting.

All joking aside, how are things going in your quest to bind to the TH?

@Texas_Willie

I heard a loud bang recently and hoping you haven’t tried out the new shotgun yet, you need to get the TH repaired first so you can have a moving target. A sitting duck is not a challenge at all, definitely not sporting.

All joking aside, how are things going in your quest to bind to the TH?
Still no go...I am at a loss...I have a trip scheduled to drive across the Country in June, the main purpose of which is to get video and photos of the many interesting sites along the way...If I can't get this fixed, I will not be able to make the trip.

When I turn on the ST16, everything looks "normal" except there is zero readouts on the left hand side of the screen. I still haven't been able to get it out of TEAM mode and now have a flashing Orange light, unless I turn of the H, wait a few seconds and turn it back on...It is still in team mode, but the light is Blue...

I really don't want to perform "surgery" without at least some idea of what I should be looking for and how to open it up.

Either there is something wrong with your system, the firmware was not correctly installed, or you are doing things completely wrong. Team mode forces the system into binding mode. In binding mode the aircraft can easily bind to up to two ST-16’s when firmware is recognized.

Performing the bind requires that the Settings page be entered, the Refresh button be pressed to display the firmware for both the aircraft and the ST-16. Both firmwares have to be selected by tapping them before pressing the bind button. Team mode forces the system to identify and locate the firmware- IF- the firmware was properly installed and present. The ST-16 normally exits Team mode automatically after binding is complete.

Last edited:
Either there is something wrong with your system, the firmware was bot correctly installed, or you are doing things completely wrong. Team mode forces the system into binding mode. In bonding mode the aircraft can easily bind to up to two ST-16’s when firmware is recognized.

Performing the bind requires that the Settings page be entered, the Refresh button be pressed to display the firmware for both the aircraft snd the ST-16. Both firmwares have to be selected by tapping them before pressing the bind button. Team mode forces the system to identify and locate the firmware- IF- the firmware was properly installed and present. The ST-16 normally exits Team mode automatically after binding is complete.

The problem is the ST16 is NOT showing up on the bind menu...The camera is there, but NOT the controller

Therein lies the problem. The ST-16 firmware is not present, which implies the installation process was performed incorrectly.

Format an SD card, install the ST-16 firmware in the card after obtaining it from the Yuneec site downloads page. The card cannot contain any files or folders other than the ST-16 firmware. DO NOT open the firmware file. Place the SD card in the ST-16. Leaving the aircraft turned off, power up the SD-16 and install the firmware again.

Therein lies the problem. The ST-16 firmware is not present, which implies the installation process was performed incorrectly.

Format an SD card, install the ST-16 firmware in the card after obtaining it from the Yuneec site downloads page. The card cannot contain any files or folders other than the ST-16 firmware. DO NOT open the firmware file. Place the SD card in the ST-16. Leaving the aircraft turned off, power up the SD-16 and install the firmware again.

Even though the "About Controller" on the Bind menu shows all the correct version number for the Camera, Gimbal Controller etc?

I just saw your shotgun reference and with the problems your having it must be tempting. It would be nice to have the H flying though. Quite the conundrum.
It is starting to sound like a hardware problem but giving the H a fresh start might be worthwhile. After a recent crash I created this cheat sheet. It won't hurt to try it.

To Reset Flight Data
Tap:
- Pad
- OK
- Six dots
- Settings
- Apps
Scroll left 2 times
Scroll Down to and tap "FlightMode"
Tap:
- Clear data
- OK
- Home icon
- "OK" for English
- Model Select
- New Model
- Create Model
- "Please input name"
Type "your new name"
Tap:
- Type
- Typhoon H
- Save
- "your new name" icon
Rebind Drone and Camera

I tried to do the firmware update, I formatted my SD Card (yes it is the correct card), copied the file (ST16_V3.1.30.yuneec) inserted it into the SD16 controller, went to System Settings >About Controller>Update and get the Message
"WARNING!!! No firmware exists in SD card, please connect to the internet to download the latest firmware."

I just saw your shotgun reference and with the problems your having it must be tempting. It would be nice to have the H flying though. Quite the conundrum.
It is starting to sound like a hardware problem but giving the H a fresh start might be worthwhile. After a recent crash I created this cheat sheet. It won't hurt to try it.

To Reset Flight Data
Tap:
- Pad
- OK
- Six dots
- Settings
- Apps
Scroll left 2 times
Scroll Down to and tap "FlightMode"
Tap:
- Clear data
- OK
- Home icon
- "OK" for English
- Model Select
- New Model
- Create Model
- "Please input name"
Type "your new name"
Tap:
- Type
- Typhoon H
- Save
- "your new name" icon
Rebind Drone and Camera

That all works great until I get to the Rebind Drone part....It does not show up in the left column...No problem getting the camera to show up bind...:(

That all works great until I get to the Rebind Drone part....It does not show up in the left column...No problem getting the camera to show up bind...:(
So if I'm following this correctly you're not seeing anything under Model when you go into system settings after you did the refresh.. That would most likely be because the H was not transmitting that info due to the crash. Perhaps a loose connection in the H? I think that doing the refresh the old Model data would have been cleared out. I can't come up with anything else. Sorry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval