Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Freewell ND Filters for H Plus

Dave21740

14 CFR Part 107 Certified
Reaction score
I ordered ND filters from Freewell, believing that the C23, with the adapter supplied in the H Plus kit, would work with E90 filters. I got an email from Freewell, asking for me to verify what camera I had. When I told them it was the H Plus with the adapter, I received this reply...

The reason I asked you this because their is lot of confusion created by this drone manufacture as we have got to know from some dealers as well as some users like you.

Drone manufacture is actually shipping the drone with different thread ring for C23 so for some it is working for others it is not working although our product doesn't claim it will work with Typhoon H+ but I know you guys read with other users in group & forum that for them it is working this is creating lot of confusion , So for now I will be making you refund until drone manufacture actually confirm they are using the same thread as E90.

I was impressed that they were proactive in making sure I wasn't purchasing a product that wouldn't work for me. It saved them from potentially having to deal with a return, as well.

Just thought I'd pass the info on to these group.

Reactions: Threesixtyprod
I ordered ND filters from Freewell, believing that the C23, with the adapter supplied in the H Plus kit, would work with E90 filters. I got an email from Freewell, asking for me to verify what camera I had. When I told them it was the H Plus with the adapter, I received this reply...

The reason I asked you this because their is lot of confusion created by this drone manufacture as we have got to know from some dealers as well as some users like you.

Drone manufacture is actually shipping the drone with different thread ring for C23 so for some it is working for others it is not working although our product doesn't claim it will work with Typhoon H+ but I know you guys read with other users in group & forum that for them it is working this is creating lot of confusion , So for now I will be making you refund until drone manufacture actually confirm they are using the same thread as E90.

I was impressed that they were proactive in making sure I wasn't purchasing a product that wouldn't work for me. It saved them from potentially having to deal with a return, as well.

Just thought I'd pass the info on to these group.
They fit tur camera without the adabter ring [emoji2]

Yes the Freewell ND filters for the E90 fit the C23 I have a set. The adapter ring supplied by Yuneec is NOT for the Freewell type of filter but rather; for a standard male threaded filter commonly used throughout photography.

I'll pass that on to the guy I exchanged emails with at Freewell. I'm reluctant to reorder after he said it hasn't fit for some customers, but It sounds like he's getting conflicting reports and so he's not sure where to things stand.

Has anyone reading this thread bought E90 filters and found that they did not work?

No, all of this is coming from customers not understanding what the adapter is for, probably because until now they have never heard of, or used one, and the guy at Freewell does not know any better either so, as a spokesman for the product should be more informed.

The E90 and C23 have the same exterior lens housing and therefor what ever works on one will work on the other, ;) as I said I have them and use them on my C23.

No, all of this is coming from customers not understanding what the adapter is for, probably because until now they have never heard of, or used one, and the guy at Freewell does not know any better either so, as a spokesman for the product should be more informed.

The E90 and C23 have the same exterior lens housing and therefor what ever works on one will work on the other, ;) as I said I have them and use them on my C23.

Thanks to both of you guys who responded. Good enough for me, I'm going to reorder and let the guy at Freewell know about your feedback.

Yes the Freewell ND filters for the E90 fit the C23 I have a set. The adapter ring supplied by Yuneec is NOT for the Freewell type of filter but rather; for a standard male threaded filter commonly used throughout photography.

I have the ND/PL flters from freewell and i do not need the adapter ring

Are you sure you don't have the adapter ring in place? The Freewell filters for the E90 do fit the C23.:rolleyes:

If anyone has Freewell ND filters for the Yuneec E90 and they do NOT fit your C23 there are only three possibilities.

1] They sent you the wrong filters

2] YOU have the adapter ring or other filter on - which changes the thread pattern - TAKE OFF THE ADAPTER WHEN USING FREEWELL FILTERS

3] The threads are very fine and you are cross threading.

Here is my C23 with a Freewell Filter Installed

C23Filter.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: record.play.rewind
. . . . . .Just went by what was on the forums that said they would fit.

In the Top Picture above is my C23 with the very same filter you have and it is mounted. So it is one of the three things I posted, hopefully you have the correct set and that would only leave the possibility that either; 1] you have not removed the lens protector or the adapter is in place OR. . .2] the tiny threads are giving you trouble.

Reactions: JackMTaco
Hey guys !I also ordered the
YUNEEC H520 E90 FILTERS - ALL DAY - 8-PACK from Freewell and THEY DO NOT FIT MY H-PLUS . Called Freewell and they will only refund my 150.00 back if i pay the $35.00 to send the filters back . The said they would give me $75.00 credit if i just keep them. Just beware they did not fit my H-PLUS. Just went by what was on the forums that said they would fit. Me bad . Now have filters that I can't use and it only cost me $75.00 . GREAT DEAL .

If you are convinced that these filters will not work with your camera, I will buy them from you for the $75.00 you were not given credit for. PM me.

You know, I thought of one other way the Freewell's will not work with your H Plus - if you don't have an H Plus, and are confusing it with an H Pro. Seen a lot of that confusion recently so who knows.:cool:

Guys, I do have a H-PLUS . I have taken the ring off the camera. . I have tried everything and they DO NOT FIT. I have been in correspondence with FREEWELL and they are telling me that Yuneec has been using different size threads on the H-PLUS ! THEY ARE NOT ALL THE SAME ALL THE TIME ! . And they told me they know that they there are not the same threads on ALL the cameras. They also said that they are trying to get with Yuneec and find out whats going on with the threads on the camera being different. If you ordered the Freewell filters and they fit consider yourself lucky. My last response from Freewell was yesterday. So this is current.I would not order these filters for your H-Plus until they get this figured out.

Okay, so this seems to be something to look into, but you gotta admit it seems almost impossible that Yuneec could make such a bone-headed mistake but if its possible okay lets figure it out. Curious, do you have access to a micrometer? I would like to rule out either Freewell or Yuneec as being the ones changing the size of the thread mount. If we can get measurements we will see which is which.

And please know I am just asking, so don't take this wrong but, you are positive that there is nothing on the the lens body of your C23 and it looks like mine in the picture above in that; it is showing the threads and they are slightly smaller in diameter than the body of the lens housing?

Also where are you located?

Last edited:
I reordered the filters yesterday, so I should get the set in the next week or two. I'll report back here on whether the filters work for me, or not. I like Ty Pilot's idea of measuring the mount and filters, especially for anyone whose filters don't fit (assuming they haven't been sent back). Also, serial numbers often have date codes and manufacturer's location embedded. That could be useful info, although it might not be something we could readily interpret. I don't have my H Plus handy to look.

FWIW, I have submitted at support case on the Yuneec US website, asking specifically if E90 and C23 can use the same filters.

There is nothing on my camera body after i take the clear glass filter that came with the camera off. The ring that came extra with the camera does not work either . I do not have a micrometer. When i put the Freewell filter up against the camera body threads it appears that the diameter of the filter is EQUAL in size to the threads on the camera body. The diameter of the filter needs to be a little bigger in diamater to be able to screw over the camera body threads . thus not being able to screw them together. I am in Midwest USA.I think if i could get the threaded ring thats on the camera body replaced with the correct ring i would be good to go. A slightly smaller diameter camera ring than the one the camera came with would work.

FREEWELL CARE <[email protected]>
Sat, Sep 1, 2:24 AM (2 days ago)

to me

This is one of the posts I received from Freewell this past Saturday

Hey Michael,
Thanks for your message.
Please check enclosed clip of E90 frame which we have in our hand all the filter ring ND & CPL fit comfortably.
Pls note either in our website or packing we do not say anywhere it works for Typhoon H Plus but for E90 but this confusion is created by the drone manufacture as we have came to know from several dealers & some user like you drone manufacture is changing the threads of camera without any notification literally from drone to drone the thread you received on your H Plus may be different then other users.
Thanks

Okay lets take this slower first I will respond to this

There is nothing on my camera body after i take the clear glass filter that came with the camera off. The ring that came extra with the camera does not work either . I do not have a micrometer. When i put the Freewell filter up against the camera body threads it appears that the diameter of the filter is EQUAL in size to the threads on the camera body. The diameter of the filter needs to be a little bigger in diamater to be able to screw over the camera body threads . thus not being able to screw them together. I am in Midwest USA.I think if i could get the threaded ring thats on the camera body replaced with the correct ring i would be good to go. A slightly smaller diameter camera ring than the one the camera came with would work.

Okay, so you are saying the lens body is too large for the Freewell Filter or that the filter is too small - does the body of the camera lens on your C23 look just like this as far as you can tell, is the smooth portion (that has the Yuneec logo) larger than the male threaded portion?

P1000719.JPG

[snip]
Hey Michael,
Thanks for your message.
Please check enclosed clip of E90 frame which we have in our hand all the filter ring ND & CPL fit comfortably.
Pls note either in our website or packing we do not say anywhere it works for Typhoon H Plus but for E90 but this confusion is created by the drone manufacture as we have came to know from several dealers & some user like you drone manufacture is changing the threads of camera without any notification literally from drone to drone the thread you received on your H Plus may be different then other users.
Thanks

Interesting. Now that I re-read their email to me, I think they said the same thing. If there is any way you could get a micrometer reading for the threads on the C23, that would be a critical measurement. If the filters I ordered don't fit, I'll likely be in the same boat as far as returning them at my own cost.

This picture looks exactley like my camera. Let me decribe it this way. My camera body is a common bolt you find in a harware store. You buy a nut (filter) to fit the bolt (camera body). Nut( filter ) screws onto bolt (camera body)for perfect fit. My problem here is that the Camera (bolt) is same size as nut(filter ) so it can't screw over the bolt (Camera body )) Hope this is not to confusing >

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz