Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Freewell ND Filters for H Plus

Post your video to YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, or some other venue that allows video uploads and post a link to it here. Not to many forums sites will accept the amount of data in a video. In the mean time borrow or buy some calipers or a micrometer to measure the ring sizes.

These are the filters I bought thru Freewell direct instead of going through Amazon ! My mistake as it will be impossible to get my money back or what I want is to exchange for filters that will fit.

I’m not seeing anywhere on the packaging where it states these are 39mm in size, but from the looks of it, anyone shopping for filters would think they would fit on the H520, which in this case would include the C23.

That Freewell is claiming a $35.00 charge for a return fee says quite a lot in itself. I didn’t much care for their stuff before but that return fee just turned me off to them completely.

These are the filters I bought thru Freewell direct instead of going through Amazon ! My mistake as it will be impossible to get my money back or what I want is to exchange for filters that will fit.
To use different sized components would be totally inconsistent with how Yuneec has done most everything in the past. To reduce overhead costs they standardize parts across as many products as they can. Any differences between the E90 and C23 will only be in firmware.
I can tell you for a fact that the Freewell rings that I received DO NOT FIT ON MY H-PLUS BY AN MEANS . They just don't fit . I have already been in contact with Freewell for the last week and they SAID that theY have issues with this in Europe but Supposedly I am the first that they have heard of it in the States . Please see my other posts . .

That Freewell is claiming a $35.00 charge for a return fee says quite a lot in itself. I didn’t much care for their stuff before but that return fee just turned me off to them completely.

I use Amazon quite a bit, primarily because of their return policies. But I’ve also realized that with the 3rd party purchases, one needs to look at the vendors individual return policy. I’ve relied on this practice for years after being burned by a vendor that showed an order as being shipped the moment the order was placed, and then there was a 25% restocking fee and return shipping that would be taken from the refund upon returning the item. It was a $225 pellet rifle. My refund would have amounted to about $125

The boxes both say compatible with the Yuneec E90... must be with additional adapter rings, and the one supplied by Yuneec. Are you able to identify what size these filters are that they sent.

I can tell you for a fact that the Freewell rings that I received DO NOT FIT ON MY H-PLUS BY AN MEANS . They just don't fit . I have already been in contact with Freewell for the last week and they SAID that theY have issues with this in Europe but Supposedly I am the first that they have heard of it in the States . Please see my other posts . .

You are assuming Freewell is telling you the truth, through both their pakaging and their service people. If you don't know the size of the lens ring on your Plus and don't know the size of the lens rings you were sold, how can you assume anything? The only thing you "know" is that Freewell's packaging says they will fit your camera, and that they don't fit. Show a little initiative and measure the stuff in order to have some foundation for dimensional references.

No one is disputing the fit issue, they are just trying to determine why they don't fit. That should be at the top of your list of things to learn as well. Perhaps Freewell feels that for the best fit the user should get a run at it and jam them on, or perhaps Yuneec suddenly changed camera component vendors at almost the beginning of a production run, or perhaps Yuneec has found a magic lens where they can fit pretty much any size filter ring to it, or perhaps Freewell placed the wrong filters on the display/shipping cards? Ya gotta know what size things are before blaming any body, and certainly before accepting Freewell's claim that Yuneec is screwing around with lens mount sizes. That is the least logical explanation of the bunch. Yuneec can certainly mess things up but Freewell's claim just sounds wrong. Have you tried calling Yuneec to ask what the size is supposed to be?

Last edited:
[snip]
Have you tried calling Yuneec to ask what the size is supposed to be?

I submitted a support case to Yuneec yesterday, asking that question. In my emails with Freewell, "Harry" never said any measurement had been done, even though that should have been step one when the first non-fitting filter was returned.

Post your video to YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, or some other venue that allows video uploads and post a link to it here. Not to many forums sites will accept the amount of data in a video. In the mean time borrow or buy some calipers or a micrometer to measure the ring sizes.
Thank you Pat. I'll give that a try !

You are assuming Freewell is telling you the truth, through both their pakaging and their service people. If you don't know the size of the lens ring on your Plus and don't know the size of the lens rings you were sold, how can you assume anything? The only thing you "know" is that Freewell's packaging says they will fit your camera, and that they don't fit. Show a little initiative and measure the stuff in order to have some foundation for dimensional references.

No one is disputing the fit issue, they are just trying to determine why they don't fit. That should be at the top of your list of things to learn as well. Perhaps Freewell feels that for the best fit the user should get a run at it and jam them on, or perhaps Yuneec suddenly changed camera component vendors at almost the beginning of a production run, or perhaps Yuneec has found a magic lens where they can fit pretty much any size filter ring to it, or perhaps Freewell placed the wrong filters on the display/shipping cards? Ya gotta know what size things are before blaming any body, and certainly before accepting Freewell's claim that Yuneec is screwing around with lens mount sizes. That is the least logical explanation of the bunch. Yuneec can certainly mess things up but Freewell's claim just sounds wrong. Have you tried calling Yuneec to ask what the size is supposed to be?
At no time have i blamed Yuneec. As well that i don't know if Freewell is at fault. All i know is that there is a problem. Regardless of who's at fault. I did alot of research before I ordered them. By all accounts from other H-Plus owners and Yunnec themselves ,the filters were suppose to fit. Me bad for taking there word for it along with what other information i had found. . Also i have been in contact with Freewell for over a week as well as being in contact with Yuneec customer support.We wil get it figured out . Try reading my posts over . There was no blame on any one . I am new to this hobby. I'll take all the help i can to get started . I sure don't need help from opinionated people like you that think they know EVERYTHING ! Thanks for nothing !

We
. Tried to do a video but it won't let me upload it on here .

All of your photos show the Yuneec UV lens protector in place so we can't see the actual lens body thread mount. So you're saying you have removed the stock filter and; you cannot install the Freewell ND filters?

Last edited:
Reactions: rdonson and PatR
All of your photos show the Yuneec UV lens protector in place so we can't see the actual lens body thread mount. So you're saying you have removed the stock filter and; you cannot install the Freewell ND filters?
Yes the stock filter was removed . The filters do not fit when the stock filter is off

A reply from Yuneec. No surprise.

Update for Case 116781 - "Filter Size for C23"
Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Yuneec! The filter size for the C23 is identical to the E90 filter threading. If we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

It doesn't resolve anything, but this is the info Freewell said they were unable to obtain from Yuneec.

A suggestion for all; don’t buy filters that don’t have actual ring sizes noted. That dimension should be the first thing we look for.

Rhetorical: “what is the issue preventing manufacturers from publishing exact specifications?”

Give us the thread and filter sizes already!

Every week or so, I give it another go at trying to find filters for my E50. When my eyes start to hurt and my head starts to pound, I resign... again.

Jeff

Reactions: Guido Cangelosi
Jeff, as I understand it the thread size required is available for a wide range of existing cameras, not just drones. As such they are available from a wide range of sources if you search on the thread size. Check out BandHPhoto, etc. You will likely pay more for the filters but in return you’re much more likely to get a quality product.

Personally I buy B+W filters for my camera lenses because their threads are brass and won’t seize.

If you get filters with aluminum threads just use a drop of anti-seize on the threads beforehand.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Jeff, as I understand it the thread size required is available for a wide range of existing cameras, not just drones. As such they are available from a wide range of sources if you search on the thread size. Check out BandHPhoto, etc. You will likely pay more for the filters but in return you’re much more likely to get a quality product.

Personally I buy B+W filters for my camera lenses because their threads are brass and won’t seize.

If you get filters with aluminum threads just use a drop of anti-seize on the threads beforehand.

Thanks RD.

I have indeed searched. I’m not finding many choices. Then there’s the issue “is this filter 30mm or is it 30.5mm [matching my search criteria]?”

I’ll have to give it another try’s

Thanks!

Jeff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece