Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gday mates from James wilson prodrone2020

Reaction score
Hi to all am hoping these drones are decent I was ripped off in a swap for yuneec q500 4k in case both batteries swelled badly I tried flying and both say critical and auto landing so not happy. I had phantom 4 I sent over ocean 7 KLM return no troubles and was confident.this drone I'm not sure of , I am buying batteries 6500mah in Sydney and have the IMAX duo charger but the guy nv gave adapter for it , can I use a adapter off a laptop etc, how many volts ? I know max 18v and 5 amp but what's min to run charger I plugged a 1amp I think and 12 volt and the IMAX fires up but the dodgy batteries are not doing much , I tested them and tester says 11.1v and 12.4 v in the batteries I'm unsure why the bird says are empty , anyone help here I really like controller and will upgrade antenna to a board DTE , asap will the bird return on loss reception like ph4 ? . I wanna b confident like with the phantom and get some surf vids at least 2klm trips I need or should I swap it for a dji ? Yuneec q500 4k

The Q500 is not made for long range. I suggest you trade it. The video feed will work to about 2000' max in good conditions.

Thanks for reply , I know I be upgrading antennas etc , will I get 2klm ? That be fine but any less ability I be swapping bird

The Q500 is not made for long range. I suggest you trade it. The video feed will work to about 2000' max in good conditions.
Thanks mate am hoping 2klm with aftermarket antennas and 6500mah battery is it possible ? I'll be buying a mavic for further runs but happy with vid on this if can get 2klm with best antennas can buy atm . I'm worried batteries with bird were swelled badly and auto land both attempts saying critical , testing them I get 11.1 and 12.4 the IMAX won't go into charge but I had no adapter am using adapter that's 1amp max and 12v , is it why ? The IMAX lights up fine .nv used one b4. Thanks for help

To charge the batteries you would need an EC2 connector with banana plugs. Then you can use the balancing lead that is normally used with the OEM charger. In this case the batteries are junk because they were probably stored at full charge. Lipo 3s batteries should be stored at 11.4 volts. They are 12.6 volts when fully charged.
It is unlikely you could fly the Q to even 4000' with modified antennas. It has a max speed of 17 mph. Any wind will reduce the flight time and distance substantially. You are trying to compare 2014 tech against much later technology. The Q is made for much closer work and it does that well. But it's not good in wind and is best used at a max distance of 1500'. I'm guessing you will not be satisfied.

Reactions: ProDrone2020
To charge the batteries you would need an EC2 connector with banana plugs. Then you can use the balancing lead that is normally used with the OEM charger. In this case the batteries are junk because they were probably stored at full charge. Lipo 3s batteries should be stored at 11.4 volts. They are 12.6 volts when fully charged.
It is unlikely you could fly the Q to even 4000' with modified antennas. It has a max speed of 17 mph. Any wind will reduce the flight time and distance substantially. You are trying to compare 2014 tech against much later technology. The Q is made for much closer work and it does that well. But it's not good in wind and is best used at a max distance of 1500'. I'm guessing you will not be satisfied.
Thanks for your time I'm termite tech 30yrs if need anything cheers

Reactions: Steve Carr
Just remember that in the land of Oz flights must be VLOS. CASA takes a dim view of pilots stating that they have operated in violation of the regulations. CASA has number of prosecutions under way at the moment for pilots who have failed to comply with the regs (highlighted in a local newspaper last week).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval