Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Getting shaky footage on new Typhoon H Plus

Reaction score
Hi everyone. A month ago I purchased a Typhoon H Plus while I was on vacation. When I got home a few days ago and watched the footage, I found out that whenever the camera was tilted more than 45° down, the shots got very shaky. I also got the same effect if I used sport mode and went fast. The drone has the last firmware updates and works fine as long as I go slow or I dont tilt down a lot. I hope that you guys can help me. Thanks a lot!!

First inspect the rubber dampers on the gimbal to make certain they are attached to the upper and lower gimbal plates.
Turn on the Plus and controller in the house and then "hand" fly it around the room while watching the camera. Tilt it down a bit and repeat the flight. See if you can duplicate any vibration in the camera.

Second suspect is the dreaded intermittent gimbal buzz. Especially if it only happens when tilting the camera. See if you can duplicate it on powered up on the bench by tilting the camera down 45° and listen for any audible buzz or chatter. You will also be able to feel the camera vibrate with your finger.

Can you say how is it shakey? Is it shakey in a randomised direction, or is it shakey in just the vertical or horizontal direction?

Reason I ask is our H520 has had a vertical shake. I tried changng the gimbal anti-vibration mounts. Then gimbal calibration. Then sent the camera back to yuneec who did a test flight and the footage was rock solid.

Then changed the props in case they were producing excess vibrations.

For me it looks to have been a dodgy K2 pot on the ST16s which controls the gimbal attitude. Lesson here is take all the advice you can get and try to rule out all the possibilities. Or if you have a Yuneec service centre send the whole lot back and let them dignose the problem. We're in the UK and to be fair I'm sure they'd have done that.

First inspect the rubber dampers on the gimbal to make certain they are attached to the upper and lower gimbal plates.
Turn on the Plus and controller in the house and then "hand" fly it around the room while watching the camera. Tilt it down a bit and repeat the flight. See if you can duplicate any vibration in the camera.

Everything looks ok with the dampers, I discovered that the shaky shots start happening about 5 minutes after takeoff, before that all the footage looks great. I'll post a video.

Second suspect is the dreaded intermittent gimbal buzz. Especially if it only happens when tilting the camera. See if you can duplicate it on powered up on the bench my tilting the camera down 45° and listen for any audible buzz or chatter. You will also be able to feel the camera vibrate with your finger.
I just heard that noise when I landed. As soon as it landed and I put the camera in a horizontal position, the noise stopped and even if I looked down again (with the drone in the floor) it didn't came back.

Can you say how is it shakey? Is it shakey in a randomised direction, or is it shakey in just the vertical or horizontal direction?

Reason I ask is our H520 has had a vertical shake. I tried changng the gimbal anti-vibration mounts. Then gimbal calibration. Then sent the camera back to yuneec who did a test flight and the footage was rock solid.

Then changed the props in case they were producing excess vibrations.

For me it looks to have been a dodgy K2 pot on the ST16s which controls the gimbal attitude. Lesson here is take all the advice you can get and try to rule out all the possibilities. Or if you have a Yuneec service centre send the whole lot back and let them dignose the problem. We're in the UK and to be fair I'm sure they'd have done that.
The shots look great whenever the drone has been less than 5 mins in the air. As soon as it automatically makes a second video file, the problems start. I'll post a video.

Do you have any filters mounted on the camera?
When it's tipped down and vibrates can you apply pressure to different points on the camera and find a place where the vibrations stops?

I just heard that noise when I landed. As soon as it landed and I put the camera in a horizontal position, the noise stopped and even if I looked down again (with the drone in the floor) it didn't came back.
I'm telling ya this is a classic symptom of intermittent gimbal buzz. I have been down this road probably more than anyone on this forum. If you hear a noise, it's the gimbal. Dampers don't make noise. The C23 gimbal is overly sensitive and like @Steve Carr is eluding to, adding a filter could cause it to buzz, or it could cure it. Mine comes and goes and I have discovered that too much weight, or sometimes too little weight can cause gimbal buzz, you won't know without experimenting. I believe the gimbal PID settings from the factory are marginal and some gimbals suffer from buzz and others don't. Until Yuneec corrects this issue with firmware, there is not much you can do about it but experiment with weight and balance.

If it's a month old it would be wise to send it back and have it fixed under warranty, because it will not likely fix itself.

Last edited:
Every update from the second onward from August 2018 was an attempt to remedy the gimbal setting among other issues and it seems that as @DCH say; some have it while others don't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval