Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GiFi 8050mAh H480 Battery...

Reaction score
Looks like they're available on eBay only from Hong Kong for $106. Anyone had an opportunity to try one yet? I purchased one yesterday and am very curious to see how they perform. I'm not convinced about GiFi cell quality or where they're actually sourcing cells that generate 2012.5mAh (give or take) that actually fit the same size factory battery dimensions.

8050mAh 14.8V 4S Extra Replace Lipo Battery For Yuneec Typhoon H Battery H480 | eBay

If I am the first to obtain one, I'll be sure to post the numbers.

Looks like they're available on eBay only from Hong Kong for $106. Anyone had an opportunity to try one yet? I purchased one yesterday and am very curious to see how they perform. I'm not convinced about GiFi cell quality or where they're actually sourcing cells that generate 2012.5mAh (give or take) that actually fit the same size factory battery dimensions.

8050mAh 14.8V 4S Extra Replace Lipo Battery For Yuneec Typhoon H Battery H480 | eBay

If I am the first to obtain one, I'll be sure to post the numbers.
I only know of one person giving it a try and he said the extra 2-3 minutes of flight time wasn't worth the cost. You can buy 2 aftermarket batteries for the same price.
I agree with you observation. How can they get that much more power in the same amount of space? Hmmm....

Reactions: htperry
Well shoot, it will fall short of my relentless pursuit of 25 solid minutes of continual flight time. So far the Venom 6700 is the closest yet. Maybe the H520 will be my dream come true...however, not sure I will hold my breath.

Hey, you might have a different outcome than someone else. Let us know what you find out. It will probably take 10-12 cycles before that battery reaches full potential.

I don't know that 25 minutes is worth spending $4k over. That's too much like the RC days of yesteryear when we were spending an extra $200.00 to shave an ounce of airframe weight.

Indeed. It's amazing how much flight time is gained when you remove the camera, landing gear, and turn off the lights. All that energy isn't wasted on lifting all that superfluous stuff, and who needs lights when the flight time test flights are occurring only 15' away inside a high ceiling, windless room;)

Sure, reducing weight and as PatR states, reducing power draw will do wonders to increase flight time. However, all that "superfluous stuff" is really important. The camera proves helpful when I am shooting a 18 hole golf course or a 300 acre vineyard (the primary reason for a longer flight time on a single battery) for a client. Vertigo Drones has the H520 on pre-order for $1700. The 520 motors will produce more power and hence lift which will definitely help with improved load carrying ability. I wonder/suspect the battery format/design will change between the H480 and H520?

When received, I'll test the GiFi and provide flight times from the 10th full cycle, which should represent a realistic expectation to the run time with a fully loaded H480 (RealSense and Camera).

But we don't know how relative they are when a manufacturer is coming up with "up to" flight times. They might find having them in place reduces that flight time and not beneficial to obtaining the most flight time possible. They don't inform anyone about aircraft configuration during testing. Without that info the flight time tests might have been conducted with a "minimalist" configuration and there would be no deceit in the flight time estimates;)

The real problem is that some get very hung up on flight time when so many different factors can influence that to be more or less. I suppose it's why they use "up to" terminology, which changes that time from a hard value to an estimate.

Sure, reducing weight and as PatR states, reducing power draw will do wonders to increase flight time. However, all that "superfluous stuff" is really important. The camera proves helpful when I am shooting a 18 hole golf course or a 300 acre vineyard (the primary reason for a longer flight time on a single battery) for a client. Vertigo Drones has the H520 on pre-order for $1700. The 520 motors will produce more power and hence lift which will definitely help with improved load carrying ability. I wonder/suspect the battery format/design will change between the H480 and H520?

When received, I'll test the GiFi and provide flight times from the 10th full cycle, which should represent a realistic expectation to the run time with a fully loaded H480 (RealSense and Camera).
The last spec I saw for the H520 mentioned a 4S battery at 6850 mAh.

It is my experience that a battery rated at 6300 will have the same flight time as the Yuneec 5400. I suspect the rating difference is determined by the current draw used to drain down the battery to a given voltage.

Last edited:
But we don't know how relative they are when a manufacturer is coming up with "up to" flight times. They might find having them in place reduces that flight time and not beneficial to obtaining the most flight time possible. They don't inform anyone about aircraft configuration during testing. Without that info the flight time tests might have been conducted with a "minimalist" configuration and there would be no deceit in the flight time estimates;)

The real problem is that some get very hung up on flight time when so many different factors can influence that to be more or less. I suppose it's why they use "up to" terminology, which changes that time from a hard value to an estimate.
I certainly agree. I have little doubt it's the "best scenario" (no camera, no RealSense OR not active, no wind, hover and ideal temp) to obtain the maximum flight time. Remember the auto manufacturers reported MPG on window stickers from many years ago was a far cry from reality. The EPA implemented new guidelines to be more realistic and today they're just about right...based on my cars anyway. DJI and Yuneec will provide us what they want us to believe. ;)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco