Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Good Morning All.

Reaction score
Just wanted to say this typhoon h plus is one crazy hotrod drone. Although, this $2,000.00 purchase was not well spent on my part (Big dummy) the drone has a lot of potential to be the best drone made for a person like me with very limited funds.
Yuneec has their work cut out on fixing the firmware updates. Seems to fall in line with pharmaceuticals drugs now days, firmware update might fix one problem but you can count on some serious side effects.

Hopefully Yuneec is able to fix these issues before someone else's hard to come by $2,000.00 is wasted. Still love the drone just going to keep it on the hutch as a display instead of it flying away and hurting someone.?

Reactions: 63cveez91
A drone on the hutch is worth, well...… a drone on the hutch. It is scary to think of our drones falling from the sky and hurting someone. It is also scary to think of them hurting someone's pet, or property. My H is up to date with updates and flys well. My Q500 has not been updated since I purchased it in Nov 2016. It ain't broke..... don't fix it.

Reactions: biltno
Well, Chris, I can understand how if you just purchased a Typhoon H Plus, then joined this forum today, and went to the top of the topics threads for the Typhoon H Plus; and read only the first couple of popular topics - well I guess I can see why one might be overly cautious. However, If you spend a little time going back through some of the older threads, you will find a lot of evidence that supports the fact that the Typhoon H Plus has been one of the most solid product's Yuneec makes. I have had a Typhoon H Plus for just under 9 months with around 250 logged flights and close to 50 hours of airtime. Not a single problem.

Granted, I am cautious about jumping on the latest firmware update, especially if my Plus is operating perfectly, but through it all I maintain that this is a solid and very capable UAV. I also feel confident that Yuneec will get the Typhoon H Plus to 100% Functionality.

With the attempts to better the product, and advancement in technology , it will also aid in making its next platform that much better

Just wanted to say this typhoon h plus is one crazy hotrod drone. Although, this $2,000.00 purchase was not well spent on my part (Big dummy) the drone has a lot of potential to be the best drone made for a person like me with very limited funds.
Yuneec has their work cut out on fixing the firmware updates. Seems to fall in line with pharmaceuticals drugs now days, firmware update might fix one problem but you can count on some serious side effects.

Hopefully Yuneec is able to fix these issues before someone else's hard to come by $2,000.00 is wasted. Still love the drone just going to keep it on the hutch as a display instead of it flying away and hurting someone.?

YEP.... This is another "I told you, so"
There is something wrong, and I cannot put my finger on it. And I believe that the new Build/Firmware somehow, it is "false peaking" meaning that it is telling us one thing, but in reality it is below the standard connectivity percentage to achieve a solid connectivity.

This is just a theory.

My RC and AC has solid green connectivity 11 RC, 20 AC, indicating that it is safe to take off, and the motors will not arm. Notification message reads *NOT ARMING: Preflight checks failed.

And once you are up in the air, flying about. The H+ wants to climb up, and the lost the ability to yaw.

Notification message reads:

*MANUAL CONTROL LOST: 2,change to auto loiter.

*MANUAL CONTROL THE INTERRUPTION(at t=963291 ms)

*MANUAL CONTROL THE INTERRUPTION(at t=816532 ms)

I have had a Typhoon H Plus for just under 9 months with around 250 logged flights and close to 50 hours of airtime. Not a single problem.

Let's trade ships for a week :)

No way bro ? You'd have it flying through lava flow, or near the testing of a 4 quadrillion watt Rail Gun or a Particle Accelerometer or some such high intensity environment. My Plus just does it's thing down here in the swamps. ;)

That is actually in my bucket list, create something in the swamps of Florida. But, will be going first to the Virgin Islands this summer.
Also, I have this idea of just flying to the east coast, rent a car, and just drive, with a drone in the backseat. But first, I have to sell the idea to the Mrs.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Sounds like your bucket list aligns pretty similar to mine, If you get within a few hundred clicks of here you gotta let me know and we'll have to get together.

Still love the drone just going to keep it on the hutch as a display instead of it flying away and hurting someone.
A flyaway is extremely rare with any Yuneec product. I have only seen one post of an H Plus flyaway and that might very well have been a result of pilot error. Since the telemetry is stored on the controller, Yuneec can determine the cause. If it is indeed a malfunction they will repair or replace the unit.
Compared to other manufacturers, I believe these are the safest on the market. Those who insist on constantly "fiddling" with settings and firmware seem to have the most issues. So get it off the hutch and learn to use it.

No way bro ? You'd have it flying through lava flow, or near the testing of a 4 quadrillion watt Rail Gun or a Particle Accelerometer or some such high intensity environment. My Plus just does it's thing down here in the swamps. ;)

I’ve only been to Florida once, I was the second shooter, and retoucher for the 2009-2010 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I want to revisit your state again, and for sure. I’ll hit you up.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Welcome to the forum.....interesting first post. Seems somewhat passive aggressive. Are you praising the aircraft or slamming it? Your post is saying both at the same time.

PRAISE:
....Just wanted to say this typhoon h plus is one crazy hotrod drone.

ATTACK:
....Although, this $2,000.00 purchase was not well spent on my part (Big dummy)

PRAISE:
....the drone has a lot of potential to be the best drone made for a person like me with very limited funds.

ATTACK:
....Yuneec has their work cut out on fixing the firmware updates.

PRAISE?:
....Hopefully Yuneec is able to fix these issues

ATTACK:
....before someone else's hard to come by $2,000.00 is wasted.

PRAISE:
....Still love the drone

ATTACK:
....just going to keep it on the hutch as a display instead of it flying away and hurting someone.?

I’m not trying to slam you or call you out....really....just kinda confused by your initial post. Are you happy or not? Either way you’ve come to the right place...to share your successes, ask your questions, and get help with things that aren’t working right..

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.....interesting first post. Seems somewhat passive aggressive. Are you praising the aircraft or slamming it. Your post is saying both at the same time.

PRAISE:

ATTACK:

PRAISE:

ATTACK:

PRAISE?:

ATTACK:

PRAISE:

ATTACK:

I’m not trying to slam you or call you out....really....just kinda confused by your initial post. Are you happy or not? Either way you’ve come to the right place...to share your successes, ask your questions, and get help with things that aren’t working right..

I am also happy and dissatisfied = CONFUSED.

There are pills for that......evens things out......

I am beginning, actually well on my way thinking either @RPR is manic depressive or his H Plus is!

One post claims “best thing since sliced bread”. Next post says “dang toast is burnt again”.

Just messin’ with ya @RPR, in the same vain @Fred Garvin started this psychiatric analysis theme.

[emoji33]

Jeff

Last edited:
Reactions: Fred Garvin
I am beginning, actually well on my way thinking either @RPR is manic depressive or his H Plus is!

One post claims “best thing since sliced bread”. Next post says “dang toast is burnt again”.

Just messin’ with ya @RPR, in the same vain @Fred Garvin started this psychiatric analysis theme.

[emoji33]

Jeff

Actually true.. LOL... I’m starting to think, that my TH Plus also needs a pill. Because my other drones are just chill.

Brings me back to build 777... It’s great... ooppssss, never mind.
But, I had a good laugh of “I told you, so”

Good Morning All.
I would like everyone to know I am not bashing the typhoon h plus. I love this thing and think when the incredible technology works as planned it leaves you in awe.
With my automotive repair background i have had the unpleasant opportunity to be on the receiving end of UPDATED SOFTWARE. I personally still can't rap my old melon around it.

P.S. I couldn't stand leaving the H Plus in the hutch. Took flight about 10 miles away from town with no power lines or cell towers or people close by and it flue like a dream?. Sorry if my comments upset anyone.

Good Morning All.
I would like everyone to know I am not bashing the typhoon h plus. I love this thing and think when the incredible technology works as planned it leaves you in awe.
With my automotive repair background i have had the unpleasant opportunity to be on the receiving end of UPDATED SOFTWARE. I personally still can't rap my old melon around it.

P.S. I couldn't stand leaving the H Plus in the hutch. Took flight about 10 miles away from town with no power lines or cell towers or people close by and it flue like a dream[emoji4]. Sorry if my comments upset anyone.

Hi Chris,

I doubt your comments upset anyone. Most seem to be simply trying to figure out what you were trying to say, and how we all can help.

Glad to read you got out and flew. The more one flies, and practices, the more comfortable one gets. The challenge is to keep learning so things become second nature, while resisting complacency. Always be expecting and planning for the possibility of something not going as planned.

If one is prepared for the unexpected (and confident is abilities to handle the unexpected), the enjoyment level just keeps on increasing.

“Witness present!”

Happy flying!

Jeff

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
photomanipulation