Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GUI on Win 10

Reaction score
HI all,

I know this has been covered before but I have huge problems with this.
I am a mac user and only use windows as a virtual machine on my mac for the purpose of using the GUI.

I have been using WIN 7 and so far all has been well, however I decided to take the free win 10 upgrade (will I never learn) and as usual with anything from Microsoft it has completely screwed the whole thing.

After installing win 10 I uninstalled the GUI, what a pain in windows!!

I then downloaded a fresh copy of the GUI and installed it.
Re-started Win 10, it did not work.
Re-installed the com port driver, it does not work.
Tried serial (the right one) and USB, it does not work,
Tried 4 different cables, it does not work.

Anyone any ideas??
Should I see something in the device manager?

PLEASE YUNEEC DO A MAC VERSION OF THIS GUI

I will give it a shot and let you know. I have a Mac also and run Win 7 and Win 10 in VMs on the Mac. I suppose it doesn't really matter if you're using VMWare Fusion or Virtual Box. Do you happen to have a copy or a snapshot of the Win 7 VM? I copied mine before upgrading so I could retain both. I also have both the 32 and 64 bit Win 10 VM's. The only way to get the 32bit Win 10 is by upgrading from a compatible 32bit version of Windows.

Still not sure why Yuneec doesn't have a Mac GUI. Probably Yosemite or El Capitan and the XCode compatibility. The new security policy and demands in El Capitan forced a lot of developers to bail on Mac development.

I got it to work just fine on the Mac with Windows 10 64bit running in VMWare Fusion. I had my H connected to the Mac. I was in Windows 10, then downloaded the GUI and installed to Windows 10. The com port driver installed and I double clicked on the GUI to start. Initially I got nothing, then I unplugged the USB, plugged it back in. A popup came up asking me if I wanted to connect the USB device to the Mac or Windows. I selected Windows, then the GUI connected to my H and started displaying data.

HI all,

I know this has been covered before but I have huge problems with this.
I am a mac user and only use windows as a virtual machine on my mac for the purpose of using the GUI.

I have been using WIN 7 and so far all has been well, however I decided to take the free win 10 upgrade (will I never learn) and as usual with anything from Microsoft it has completely screwed the whole thing.

After installing win 10 I uninstalled the GUI, what a pain in windows!!

I then downloaded a fresh copy of the GUI and installed it.
Re-started Win 10, it did not work.
Re-installed the com port driver, it does not work.
Tried serial (the right one) and USB, it does not work,
Tried 4 different cables, it does not work.

Anyone any ideas??
Should I see something in the device manager?

PLEASE YUNEEC DO A MAC VERSION OF THIS GUI
Did you ever get the GUI to work?

Nope, I use parallels and all was fine with Win 7 pro so its a win 10 issue somewhere. Not that bothered the GUI does very little anyway.

Last week I used your experience and worked through my H firmware update. I wrote the text below responding to a similar forum topic.

I had same issues with my H. I read through other GUI posts and learned if you run Windows 10 (I do) this may be part of the hurdle. I deleted the GUI and prior firmware and 64Bit USB/SERIAL port emulator, then redownloaded using Chrome (some stated Firefox as well) not Explorer. Once extracted using Chrome the GUI now recognizes two Port com's. (Port Com 3&4 in my case). Once the GUI is reading your sensors it may still show a red dot on bottom left stating SERIAL PORT is open. Click top left EDIT bar menu and change to SERIAL. Now the bottom red dot should be blue. It took me a few hours but I did have success.

Reactions: THoff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval