Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H 480 Won't descend.

Aero,

If the system is otherwise working properly and the H will not descend when reducing throttle below mid position the problem is a failure to transmit or respond to a throttle reduction signal. Odds are the issue is hardware related not software. It could well be an intermittent failure of the throttle potentiometer. The fact we have to clean gimbal pots periodically strongly suggests the components used are not all that high in quality. I have numerous transmitters from 5 to 15 years old that still function as good as they did new without ever needing to clean potentiometers. Of interest is all of them were constantly exposed to dust collecting, carbon rich engine exhaust

Last edited:
Reactions: KEITH KUHN
HEY JEFF HAVE A LOOK
KEITH KUHN

Hey Keith,

Just to be clear, the "POS" at the top of the screen, stands for "Position" not "Positive". May have been a simple miss-speak on your part, but with all the issues you have been having, being precise seems like a must.

As for the aileron issue... it looks pretty simple to me as I am sure it does to others as well. Something in that joystick is not working correctly. The possible components and ailments are:

1) dirty contacts - yes, you said you cleaned them. But... did they actually get cleaned "enough"?

2) bad potentiometer - meaning... no matter what you do, it ain't gonna get cured.

3) loose potentiometer - Steve Carr has mentioned this before. The pot actually moves due the the fact the adhesive meant to hold it in a fixed position is no longer holding. This could definitely be your issue seeing how your aileron sometimes centers and sometimes does not. The pot may be moving one direction and returning, but not moving the other. Sometimes the assembly moves, sometimes it does not. Hence the intermittent nature of this issue.

One can strategically add some adhesive to hold it and "fix" this movement problem. I believe Steve also made or linked to a video showing the procedure.

4) The plain and simple conclusion: Bad joystick assembly - perhaps the easiest fix - no messing with pots and cleaners and glue and alignments and all the rest. Just replace the whole assembly.

Hopefully this helps give insight and help alleviate your "no idea what's going on" state of mind.

In closing, I read somewhere @CraigCam made a most generous offer!

Jeff

There is a vid (in German) on Youtube about the flimsy contacts of the pots. They wiggle.
If this is repaired the different outcome in 'bouncing' the sticks will be over.

Also great vid on the hidden menu, about J4 from 25.00 onwards

There is a vid (in German) on Youtube about the flimsy contacts of the pots. They wiggle.
If this is repaired the different outcome in 'bouncing' the sticks will be over.

Also great vid on the hidden menu, about J4 from 25.00 onwards

I saw a video also in English about the loose pots, some guy used hot glue to secure it so they wouldn't be so they would not be so loose.
I will see if I can get the video sent over to you thanks for your concerns.
I will also watch the one that you sent. Keith Kuhn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taxinnovex