Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H 480 Won't descend.

K

Keith, please bear with me here as I try to understand...

I believe this has been asked before: what does the warranty status of your aircraft have to do with contacting Yuneec to see if they have any ideas as to why your aircraft is behaving as it does with respect to this unpredictable [refusal to] land issue? Talking to them is not going to cost you anything. It just might enlighten you as to what Yuneec has found to be the cause of such behavior. Perhaps others (just a chance) have experienced the same behavior and have called in, allowing Yuneec to research if they were not aware already, and provide a game plan for remedy.

Also as stated before, if you are not willing to get the manufacturer's advice, and are hinting at the fact you are not willing to pay for a fix ("it's out of warranty"), then why, may I ask, are you continually writing about the same issue, post after post?

Your aircraft is going to act the same way unless:

1) either a software/firmware change is made and applied to address the issue,
2) a component or assembly is determined to be the cause and is replaced,
3) an environmental condition is discovered and either you alleviate the condition or change the location of your flights.

With all due respect, something has to change in order to expect different results than what you are getting.

My intentions are not to get on your case but rather help in the way a doctor might say: "If you are not willing to change your eating habits and your activity levels, don't expect much to change with the ol' body, mate!"

Respectfully,

Jeff

AeroJ snuck in just as I was hitting "Post Reply"... decided to add on...

Then maybe if Keith calls in as well, and anyone else experiencing similar issues, perhaps someone might look into this a little bit more.

Jeff

I will call in
Keith

For the record, the barometer and low RPM throttle have no linkage with respect to pretty much anything. Unless it has Real Sense the has has no downward facing sensors nor does it record take off baro pressure, or permit “dialing in” a desired altitude. Descent, or climb, are 100% determined by throttle/RPM. If it’s not descending it’s because it’s not seeing a lower throttle position. So the problem is one related only to throttle, which leads me to dirty potentiometers or having the neck strap spanning the low side of the throttle gimbal, limiting downward stick travel.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
For the record, the barometer and low RPM throttle have no linkage with respect to pretty much anything. Unless it has Real Sense the has has no downward facing sensors nor does it record take off baro pressure, or permit “dialing in” a desired altitude. Descent, or climb, are 100% determined by throttle/RPM. If it’s not descending it’s because it’s not seeing a lower throttle position. So the problem is one related only to throttle, which leads me to dirty potentiometers or having the neck strap spanning the low side of the throttle gimbal, limiting downward stick travel.
Hmmm. Me seeing a slower rate of descent when the aircraft is approaching what it 'thinks' is ground level, then, could just be my imagination...or a result of perspective. (I say this because I do see your point).

I will change my previous assertion that the H slows it's decent rate when approaching what it 'believes' to be ground level to: 'I perceive the H to slow it's decent...etc'.
Thinking about it, that makes more sense. It probably is a perspective thing.

Martin.

Hi Pat
The typhoon H I am flying has no real Sense on it. I was not using a neck strap so I have to rule that out.
I have not tried to spray some contact cleaner on my left stick yet.
Do you think I can spray it from the outside, and the contact cleaner will filter down into the contacts ?
I'm a flight a little bit this evening in the backyard and keep close eye on it. I will just fly it in rabbit mode and angle mode only. And hit return to home when I bring it back. I will also flip my switch on the st16 controller landing gear switch into the down position. Thanks for your interest Pat
Keith

Hmmm. Me seeing a slower rate of descent when the aircraft is approaching what it 'thinks' is ground level, then, could just be my imagination...or a result of perspective. (I say this because I do see your point).

I will change my previous assertion that the H slows it's decent rate when approaching what it 'believes' to be ground level to: 'I perceive the H to slow it's decent...etc'.

Martin.

Hi Martin Keith here again.
I understand also when it slows down when it's descending, and it sees the ground or detects the ground. I'm going to test fly mine again tonight and once again mine
does not have the real Sense on it.
I won't keep you posted on how its behavior is this evening.
Keith

Testing your sticks by @Steve Carr

Testing your sticks by @Steve Carr

Rdonson
Keith Kuhn here again I think you may have helped me some. Cleaning the pots did nothing, but I watched the other video where you go into channel settings into J 4 aileron.
Somehow it needs to be reset.
The orange line is not returning to Center. Also when I give it full aileron full right, the orange bar does not go all the way to the right.
when given full left aileron the orange bar goes completely to the left. so somehow things need to be a little bit reset in this area and I do not know how to do it. so I will not mess with it until I learn more.
Once again this evening I did have the problem with it not descending.
one other thing I noticed once I fired up the typhoon H and the st16,
I was getting rapid beeps.
but I did get that little issue cleared up. tomorrow is another day.
Keith Kuhn

Calibrate the system using the hidden menu calibration feature in the ST-16 Settings menu. I say hidden since it’s not much of a secret anymore.

Calibrate the system using the hidden menu calibration feature in the ST-16 Settings menu. I say hidden since it’s not much of a secret anymore.

I will try going into the secret menu tomorrow to see how that works.
Did you see my post about the aileron messing up on me and channel settings I noticed it ?

Just make sure that the rate control slider and the tilt slider is centered before the calibration and before saving the calibration.

I will try going into the secret menu tomorrow to see how that works.
Did you see my post about the aileron messing up on me and channel settings I noticed it ?

I did, and your mention of the constant beeping was also cause for a system calibration. That beeping was the system saying; “Help me, help me”[emoji22][emoji6]

Last edited:

Martin.

Yes, the H definitely slows down descent rate when it reaches about 10m, (on barometer that is, not phisically) and then starts descending slower, this could cause some to believe it has stopped descending if baro hits the "estimated 10m" when the aircraft is still way high.

I did, and your mention of the constant beeping was also cause for a system calibration. That beeping was the system saying; “Help me, help me”[emoji22][emoji6]

hi Pat it is 4:16 a.m.
is when the beeping began.
There was no way I was going to
Launch that drone until
I got rid of the beeping. What
I noticed was when I moved the rabbit Turtle slider to the turtle mode is when the rapid beeping stopped.
I will làter this evening.
On my ST16 controller is there a
Secret menu , if so how do I get
To it ? Keith

Yes, the H definitely slows down descent rate when it reaches about 10m, (on barometer that is, not phisically) and then starts descending slower, this could cause some to believe it has stopped descending if baro hits the "estimated 10m" when the aircraft is still way high.
So I wasn't imagining it. Yay! I am sane after all...yipee.

So I wasn't imagining it. Yay! I am sane after all...yipee.

Hi Jules
Could you please Tell me how to
Go to my channel setting and get my J4 aileron centered properly.?
when I move the right stick the orange bar does not return to Center properly, also when I move my right stick to the far-right the orange bar does not go all the way to the right.
when I give it full left on the aileron the orange bar does go all the way to the left of the graph. I need to know how to make the proper adjustments in this area. Thanks. Keith

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taxinnovex