Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 batteries

arruntus

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
It has already been mentioned in some other post, but I think that batteries are very important to gather all the information together.

The batteries of the H520 are new and differ slightly from those of TH as can be seen in the first picture.

While the TH used LIPO batteries (maximum charge per cell 4.2V), the H520 uses LIHV (Lithium Polymer High Voltage) batteries and allows a maximum charge per cell of 4.35V.

The Typhoon H batteries run on the H520. As it has a lower load capacity, the flight autonomy decreases.

At full load, the battery reaches 17.4V. against the 16.8V that reach the Thypoon H batteries.

LIHV batteries must be charged with a battery charger specifically designed for this type of battery to reach their full potential. Charging these batteries with a LIPO charger or in LIPO mode is not a problem or danger, but charging will be lower, a maximum of 16.8V.

Never charge a LIPO battery with an LIHV charger because when the maximum limit per cell is exceeded we overcharge the battery that will explode with the danger that this entails. This is why Yuneec has changed the battery connectors without a doubt.

e0f1a95e581cd1ec4455dffcccf4ebc7.jpg

h520-th-chargers-jpg.7138

h520battery-jpg.7139

h520batteryvoltage-jpg.7140

Thank you for posting the images mates ;)

Last edited:
Here you have a video where the Typhoon H batteries are used in both aircraft.

All new information is welcome :)

I'm really interested in the propulsion system that was used orbiting earth. :rolleyes:

All this has already been posted.
???

I don't know if you're asking or saying. It was posted here on the forum yes, something for you. The problem is to have the information by many threads.

If it's a problem, erase it. That's all right.

With the new batteries are reporting a flying time of 29 minutes which is very good :)

not what I was expecting but I will take it for sure. and that was with the cameras. now question is how much more flight time without the cameras can be obtained. I will have to wait for my h520 to arrive in a few weeks. Just wondering how long it take to make typhoon h dual dy3 chargers in h520 format.

come to think about the current typhoon h venom 4 bay chargers and evpeak dy3 and morpilot dy3 may not balance the h520 batteries properly. and I so wanted to get away from yuneec basic charger that has no readouts.

That battery/flight time video was useful for more than just a flight time comparison. During the portion where the H480 was yawed 180* it provided a comparison view of the same subject in the same conditions between the E50 and CGO3+ cameras. That's something I've been looking for. Thanks!

If battery connectors are different, then how typhoon h battery can be used on H520 ?

If battery connectors are different, then how typhoon h battery can be used on H520 ?

The main connectors are the same. Load balancing connectors are the ones that are different. The ones who are in charge of balancing each cell. On the H480 they are a maximum of 4.2V per cell and on the H520 they are a maximum of 4.35V. That difference if we get confused can cause the batteries to explode. That is the reason for the change, our security.

Reactions: dxer
That battery/flight time video was useful for more than just a flight time comparison. During the portion where the H480 was yawed 180* it provided a comparison view of the same subject in the same conditions between the E50 and CGO3+ cameras. That's something I've been looking for. Thanks!
Yes, the views of the drones looking at each other was particularly interesting. The field of view difference was most apparent.
Is the 520, which is designed for inspection, initially being released with the e50 (close-up view) or the e90 (wide angle, 1" sensor) camera?
Adapting the bigger e90 camera to the TH may involve longer landing legs.

All the sites offering initial order packages are listing the E90 as the available camera option. The Yuneec site shows the E50 and thermal cameras as not yet available. My guess is what imagery we are getting to see was shot with pre production hardware.

I hate to sound like a doubting Thomas but it's troubling that we are still left guessing about image qualities only a week or so away from the arrival of the first units to the dealers. It's not instilling any confidence in those with the ability or desire to place orders.

Would particularly be interested in what if any, modifications have been made to the gimbal mount
on the E50 to address the longer focal length and vibration issues with video that's been discussed
in previous threads. Personally, I would like to know if a 1" sensor E50 will be a future option.

Also a 50° FOV lens for a 1" sensor camera will be longer and heavier. The E90 will have a longer,
heavier lens to accommodate that larger sensor as well. Certainly that will require design
modifications and result in reduced flight times.

Last edited:
All the sites offering initial order packages are listing the E90 as the available camera option.
That's what I thought. Seems like the wrong camera for inspection work. Great for scenery though. I'll be anxious to see if it will eventually be adapted to the TH. If it's as good as it should be (similar to P4P) I'm a customer.

Will the H520 batteries be usable on the H? I thought I saw a video of someone who had put a LHV battery in a H battery housing. That'd be a nice way to get some extra flight time.

AT $200.00/battery it doesn't make much sense unless you like spending lots of money. For the cost of three 520 batteries you could obtain 11 Ultrax and have 81 minutes more flight time with them than you would have had with the three 520 batteries.

Last edited:
good question on voltage just have to wait till I get mine h520 in I have 2 h480 one that the camera circuit is dead but flies great and the other fully functional with real sense installed. I be using the crippled unit for testing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20