Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 Mapping on the Yuneec Typhoon Plus

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I am ordering my Yuneec Typhoon H Plus tomorrow and I was wondering if the mapping software on the H250 will be available on the Typhoon H Plus.

I know that the body styles are the same... Not sure about the internals. And the Controllers are identical (different firmware).

I would like to use a Yuneec approved software rather than a third party.

Last edited:
Reactions: Francesco
I am also wondering the same, I would like to know if the software for the H250 can be installed on the Plus.

No, it cannot map on auto waypoints and no available software, but one thing that the Yuneec H Plus is superior of vs DJI it can fly a manual grid without to little deviations via gps hold, and hex stability.

You have to fly the grid manually. If you are only flying relative measurements, without proper GCPs then it shouldn’t be fine collecting photographs and textures, manually.

Good luck and happy flying

I am also wondering the same, I would like to know if the software for the H250 can be installed on the Plus.

Bummer I have a area that I need to take imiages of on a regular basis and would like them to be from the same location every time.

Bummer I have a area that I need to take imiages of on a regular basis and would like them to be from the same location every time.
Probably not the answer you are looking for, but you might be able to do this with a waypoint mission.

If you’re familiar with survey, the first few flight is gathering data of your alt, lat and speed. Regardless of how many apps you use.

What kind of data are you providing your client? Stock pile, photogrammetry, or just a basic survey?

Identify of what you’re providing to your clients, because you will be spending excess unpaid time, and when cache reporting for services for payment, your service might not, justify their means. Due to a per day or per acre rate.

Start with the basics first, there are times you’re just proving a simple layout that can be achieved through photographs at 400ft and measure in google maps or earth for accuracy.

Probably not the answer you are looking for, but you might be able to do this with a waypoint mission.
OK I'm game. where can I find "waypoint mission" I did Google it and it looks to be a DJI product?????????

If you’re familiar with survey, the first few flight is gathering data of your alt, lat and speed. Regardless of how many apps you use.

What kind of data are you providing your client? Stock pile, photogrammetry, or just a basic survey?

Identify of what you’re providing to your clients, because you will be spending excess unpaid time, and when cache reporting for services for payment, your service might not, justify their means. Due to a per day or per acre rate.

Start with the basics first, there are times you’re just proving a simple layout that can be achieved through photographs at 400ft and measure in google maps or earth for accuracy.

I am using Pix4Dmapper to get the volume in stock piles and would like the picture's to be from the same location from week to week. It is a large area and has multiple piles. As for the pay this is work being done in-house so I have to provide it to a different department.....it all pays the same.

OK I'm game. where can I find "waypoint mission" I did Google it and it looks to be a DJI product?????????
That would be the curved cable cam mode.
The H520 would be my choice for what you want to do, rather than the Plus.

It is called CCC (Curve Cable Camera) in Yuneec software.

Hey guys!

I am ordering my Yuneec Typhoon H Plus tomorrow and I was wondering if the mapping software on the H250 will be available on the Typhoon H Plus.

I know that the body styles are the same... Not sure about the internals. And the Controllers are identical (different firmware).

I would like to use a Yuneec approved software rather than a third party.

A very good question to ask the sales rep you are working with. I have not seen any claim by Yuneec that they will be putting functionality of their commercial H520 into their Prosumer H Plus model. It would not make good business sense to do so.

It is called CCC (Curve Cable Camera) in Yuneec software.

I knew that was in there, but I saw a video where a guy was making them on his desktop. Do you know what that is called? It makes a grid mission then saves it as a CCC.

A very good question to ask the sales rep you are working with. I have not seen any claim by Yuneec that they will be putting functionality of their commercial H520 into their Prosumer H Plus model. It would not make good business sense to do so.

I think it would make great business sense to sell the software as an upgrade on the ST16s. Just think of the possibilities of an app store, like Apple or even Sony has.

Reactions: record.play.rewind
I am using Pix4Dmapper to get the volume in stock piles and would like the picture's to be from the same location from week to week. It is a large area and has multiple piles. As for the pay this is work being done in-house so I have to provide it to a different department.....it all pays the same.

I’m not familiar with Pix4D but can’t you fly missions on that app?

I think it would make great business sense to sell the software as an upgrade on the ST16s. Just think of the possibilities of an app store, like Apple or even Sony has.

It may have been UAV Toolbox for the Typhoon H, but I don’t think there is a version for the H Plus yet. @Tuna may be able to elucidate on that subject.

It converts the ariel images to 3D models and can generate a volume of a specific pile on the ground.

Does it have waypoint mission capabilities? Or just photogrammetry? I use recap pro. I have to do things manually, because 3rd party apps are ridiculously over priced, and everyone is using autocad as their initial platform. Reality Capture Pro is cheaper and can communicate better with land surveyors and 3D cad engineers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval