Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 Red text for some parameters, and will not "take" changes.

Reaction score
Using the advanced menu on the ST16S.
Enter the "Parameters" tab, and find many entries in red font.
As I have larger batteries now, I attempted to set the BAT_CAPACITY to match. I get the yellow message that the change was not applied.
Since, I find that any setting I change will not survive a restart of the controller. (White or red parameters)
Any idea what I am doing wrong ?

OK, I found a parameter for changes to not survive a reset.
Changed that, restarted, and back to square one.
I then found a non-standard start up script, that must be reapplying everything.
Does anyone have a way to dump the current firmware, as I have seen too many issues with firmware to change mine for a couple of items.
Alternatively, any recommendations on the most stable and usable firmware out of the versions released to date ?
Main use will be ortho's, corridor & structure scans.
Running a CGOET.

I do not have an H520 available. However, a Forum search found some articles that mentioned the settings can be changed, but they cannot be saved. None I read mentioned any success in saving the changes.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I do not have an H520 available. However, a Forum search found some articles that mentioned the settings can be changed, but they cannot be saved. None I read mentioned any success in saving the changes.
Thank you Sir,
As my mother would say, I must have had a "man look" in the forums 🤔
My current issue is that the Obstacle Avoidance can not be activated. Seems to be a missing parameter in my customised firmware.

My current issue is that the Obstacle Avoidance can not be activated. Seems to be a missing parameter in my customised firmware.
Obstacle avoidance on the similar TH models will not actually activate until you are at some altitude. I think it was about 20 feet (7meters). Someone else may know more.

Edit:
TH manual says 10 feet (3 meters) and landing gear up.
TH OBS.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Hexamatic
Obstacle avoidance on the similar TH models will not actually activate until you are at some altitude. I think it was about 20 feet (7meters). Someone else may know more.

Edit:
TH manual says 10 feet (3 meters) and landing gear up.
View attachment 30623
Thanks, I thought I had met those criteria, but on viewing the footage, I had left the gear down. (It was the first flight in awhile, and always fly them with gear down.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misfit88