Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520E problems after update

Reactions: rkerrinckx
What is the target?
I tried finding a download site for the SDK for the H520e and had no luck. The two members I tagged may have info on its availability.

Reactions: WTFDproject
I tried finding a download site for the SDK for the H520e and had no luck.
No, not about this was my question. What is the target if they have the SDK? And what means SDK about the drone or controller?

No, not about this was my question. What is the target if they have the SDK? And what means SDK about the drone or controller?
HI have develop a solution for security guard work with the H520 and my customer ask to update on H520e. I Use the wifi library for dialog with the drone but the H520e use a new library ofdm. This is what i search the new SDK. Thanks for your help

No way, i search the Software development Kit for yuneec H520e with the ofdm libraries for update my software. Thanks Romain

HI have develop a solution for security guard work with the H520 and my customer ask to update on H520e. I Use the wifi library for dialog with the drone but the H520e use a new library ofdm. This is what i search the new SDK. Thanks for your help
Understood. Please confirm if I'm right. You did an Android application that does something with H520, using WiFi. Some commands to the camera as in smart mode or something like this. Now, this application doesn't work due to the change of the protocol to upload/control tasks in the 520e. Something like this?

You can sniff the protocol between the OFDM module and the FC module. This is a long work and for only one client isn't profitable for sure.

BTW will be interesting to use a WiFi board from ST16 for other purposes. There should be only UART Rx/Tx with an AT command set, isn't it?

and rest is a translation problem.
He doesn't use automatic translation. It's visible from the orthographs and typos. In this case, the best approach is to use the native language in addition to the translated text.

You can sniff the protocol between the OFDM module and the FC module.
Correction. I'm not sure the OFDM is connected to the FC. Very possible is to be connected to the PAD as a regular WiFi card (modem), where PX4 drives. I'm looking for a crashed 520e for dissection, but still no luck. The pilots are better now, the birds are smarter, no idea?

Really it isn't. There is a CPU in the middle of the way. The WiFi module looks to be the same, but I'm afraid the control goes via it more. Somewhere I read the cameras are capable to use 2.4 GHz too. No one still said where is organized the smart modes, like CCC, follow me, watch me, different scans and so on.

Attachments

• WiFI_module.jpg
    WiFI_module.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 8
  • OFDM.jpg
    OFDM.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 8
Thought I would coalesce my experience of the last couple of weeks with the H520E updates and some conversations with Yuneec support about what they plan in the future...

The H520E and ST16E have updates for all the software and firmware, including the Android OS.

You can download DataPilot v2 directly from the Google Play Store on the transceiver. It fixes any problems you were having with altitude detection/collection. I would highly recommend the update(s) as it adds several other new features that are too numerous to mention all of them here, but things like: the ability to choose which updates to download and the order in which to install them :cool:; gyroscope calibration; new flight planning options; new offline maps to use; etc. No re-binding is needed. I tested the drone after all the updates and had no issues.

Do the DataPilot v2 update first and reboot. I have a problem with the OFDM interfering with my office WiFi signal. For others who have this problem, turn on your phone's hotspot, place it next to the ST16 and connect to that signal. That solved the interference problem for me. Once the ST16 reboots, you will need to close the v1 DataPilot and start v2 manually from the home screen. (After you are done with the updates, you can delete v1 and then v2 will start automatically.) Check for and update the Android and ST 16 soft/firmware without the drone turned on. Next, connect the USB cable from the top of the ST16 to the back of the drone (OFDM port). Turn the drone on and check for and update its firmware starting with the drone and transceiver OFDM updates. That method worked for me. I would recommend rebooting both devices after each individual update.

I had a few conversations with support during and after the update. It seems the Team-Europe group has taken over the online US support requests. Not sure what happened to the US group, still trying to get them to tell me. I had several online support tickets that went unanswered, and then the EU group started answering new questions after several days of silence from US. They did say they are working on a desktop version of v2, but gave no time frame. They are also working on a dual charger for the H520E (I made the mistake of buying the DY5 that supports the H520 batteries, but not the H520E :mad:), also no time frame given.

They are having a sitewide 10% sale until June 30, so get your gear now! Code is SEMIANNUAL10.
Thanks a bunch.

Thought I would coalesce my experience of the last couple of weeks with the H520E updates and some conversations with Yuneec support about what they plan in the future...

The H520E and ST16E have updates for all the software and firmware, including the Android OS.

You can download DataPilot v2 directly from the Google Play Store on the transceiver. It fixes any problems you were having with altitude detection/collection. I would highly recommend the update(s) as it adds several other new features that are too numerous to mention all of them here, but things like: the ability to choose which updates to download and the order in which to install them :cool:; gyroscope calibration; new flight planning options; new offline maps to use; etc. No re-binding is needed. I tested the drone after all the updates and had no issues.

Do the DataPilot v2 update first and reboot. I have a problem with the OFDM interfering with my office WiFi signal. For others who have this problem, turn on your phone's hotspot, place it next to the ST16 and connect to that signal. That solved the interference problem for me. Once the ST16 reboots, you will need to close the v1 DataPilot and start v2 manually from the home screen. (After you are done with the updates, you can delete v1 and then v2 will start automatically.) Check for and update the Android and ST 16 soft/firmware without the drone turned on. Next, connect the USB cable from the top of the ST16 to the back of the drone (OFDM port). Turn the drone on and check for and update its firmware starting with the drone and transceiver OFDM updates. That method worked for me. I would recommend rebooting both devices after each individual update.

I had a few conversations with support during and after the update. It seems the Team-Europe group has taken over the online US support requests. Not sure what happened to the US group, still trying to get them to tell me. I had several online support tickets that went unanswered, and then the EU group started answering new questions after several days of silence from US. They did say they are working on a desktop version of v2, but gave no time frame. They are also working on a dual charger for the H520E (I made the mistake of buying the DY5 that supports the H520 batteries, but not the H520E :mad:), also no time frame given.

They are having a sitewide 10% sale until June 30, so get your gear now! Code is SEMIANNUAL10.
I am getting a H520E, arriving tomorrow. Because your post is 8 months old, I was wondering if still current. The USB hookup between the console and drone is still the same I am sure. The process (sequence) is still the same I am sure. I was just wondering if you have any thoughts about your posts in the form of an update. Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval