Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H920 replacement battery

Good Morning Gentlemen,
Thank you for the information. I stand corrected and will be carful about my postings in the future. This was merely a question I meant no offence.

Good Morning,
I have been researching battery configuration for this aircraft and have some e-mails out for custom batteries. Will post more information as it is available. I am using my magnifying glass search. 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Chris Koch
Good Afternoon DoomMeister,

No harm no foul. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am just looking for useful information. Thank you.
I have been looking for battreys to ,I've not found any that will fit using 3 ,I've found a few that will fit using 2 gen ace has 1 and Adimarl has 1 the gen ace are 5000s I ordered 2 this has been done on this forum I'm going to try it see what flight time I get,if I'm honest I'm about ready to put mine in storage and be done with it.lol

That's what I bought but I still need to change the EC5 to an EC3.

Same here I ordered some ext,s ec5 to ec3 I'm going to try them if they don't work ill change the plug.i hope these gen ace work out .

Reactions: Steve Carr
if they don't work ill change the plug
I recall another post about the EC5 adapter being too large to fit. So I just planned to change them. I'm sure it will require cutting some of the stranded wires to allow the EC3 connector to fit.

This is what I did I know the adapter would make it to long the door wouldn't shut the wire is smaller but didn't over heat the battreys worked great if a guy didn't mind soldering changing the plug might be best,just thought I'd share incase someone wanted a no solder fix.

I just came across some interesting batteries

Alien 6S 6300mah 35C Lipo Battery flat configuration

The dimensions are 165x95x25mm. Stacking two of them, the height would be 50mm. At the beginning of this thread, PatR sent pics of an 8000mAh battery measuring 49,3mm which fits in the compartment. So, if the advertised dimensions are correct, there is a chance they could fit using all the available space and providing 12600mAh

With respect to all the H920, & H920+ pilots looking for battery replacement options for the 3 Yuneec stock batteries (which ar junk). Here is a diagram of the H920/920+ battery box viewed from the inlet end. As much as we would love to fit any number of batteries of various dimensions into the battery dock, the dimensions shown in the image are the MAXIMUM X/Y (94.7mm x 46.7mm) size of the battery dock with a DEPTH of approximately 175mm (some space is needed on the door end to fold the cables snug to fit with the door closed). The battery dock cannot be stretched bigger, and the batteries cannot be shrunk smaller. I have spent several hours searching for 2 batteries that would fit and 3 years ago came up with the Gens Ace 6s 5000mah as referenced previously in this thread and below. These are still available on several sites. There may be other battery combinations that may fit and have appropriate specs.... keep searching.

OR:

Note: IMO The best way to use these (in a pair) is to change the EC5 connector to EC3. adding adapters is extra weight and extra bulk that may make the door closure too tight. Also when cutting off the EC5 connector ONLY CUT ONE CABLE AT A TIME! Then solder on the EC3 connector. Read earlier in this thread for my previous posts on this.

With respect, Please do your homework, its not rocket science, its basic arithmetic......

Attachments

• H920 Battery Box Enlarge.jpg
    H920 Battery Box Enlarge.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
OK, go ahead and buy 2 of those batteries, stack them up assuming they are actually no more than 25mm high each (making 50mm height) and try to fit them into the unmodified battery box which is actually 46.7mm high from bottom set of ribs to upper set of ribs both of which extend the full depth of the box. They will not fit!
Dude, I am saving you money here. The only way to make the box bigger in the "Y" (height) dimension would be to disassemble the aricraft, remove the battery box and grind down the full length of both upper and lower sets of ribs to the upper and lower surfaces. Then you may have about 50mm height...... But now you have no air clearance for the battery cooling fans... what to do? Remove them?
Please post photos here when you have succeeded.

Good Morning Pilots,

I am looking for the exact dimensions of the H920 Plus batterie compartment ? The replacement battery manufacturing company needs the information to discuss the batteries. It would appear that for now with the old (OEM) batteries that I have provided they can make a 5000 mAh battery. We are still in the development phases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Pilots,

I am looking for the exact dimensions of the H920 Plus batterie compartment ? The replacement battery manufacturing company needs the information to discuss the batteries. It would appear that for now with the old (OEM) batteries that I have provided they can make a 5000 mAh battery. We are still in the development phases.
They could also make batteries the same height and depth of the OEM batteries, but make it 1.5 times wider so 2 packs will fill the bay. That could allow for packs with more mAh capacity and only have to use 2 packs per flight.

Greetings, The Tornado battery compartment dimensions are discussed earlier on this thread, however, here goes:

42.9 mm high, measured between the top divider rails and bottom stiffeners.
The rails at the top are flexible, away from the door frame, and taper slightly down from their maximum opening on the door side. Yes, the OEM batteries are 45 mm high, and fit easily in the 3 channels formed by the rails. As does a pair of Gens Ace batteries with their 47 mm height with a slight interference fit at the divider rails.

94.1 mm wide.
One could squeeze a slightly wider pair of batteries into the compartment if the battery depth is not at maximum, as the side supports are flexible away from the door frame, where the first battery inserted translates laterally to allow the second battery's insertion. Extraction of the first battery is possible by moving the second battery to the side slightly to allow the removal.

171.8 mm depth, measured from the forward support frame back to the door frame.
Though the door is curved outward, please stick to the OEM battery assembly's overall depth or less, with its power leads (to the EC3 connector) and balance/test ribbon cable and connector.

If a battery goes "puffy" while installed, then none of the above numbers matter.

Last edited:
Good Morning Pilots,

Has anyone had experience with these batteries for the H920+ (Aftermarket).

Tattu Plus 12000mAh 22.2V 15C 6S1P Lipo Smart Battery Pack With AS150 + XT150 Plug (New Version)​

(No reviews yet) Write a Review
$282.99

SKU:TAA12K6SP15AXUPC:889551005302Part #:TA-P2-15C-12000-6S1P-AS150Stock:20 - 100

Good Morning Pilots,

Has anyone had experience with these batteries for the H920+ (Aftermarket).

Tattu Plus 12000mAh 22.2V 15C 6S1P Lipo Smart Battery Pack With AS150 + XT150 Plug (New Version)​

(No reviews yet) Write a Review
$282.99

SKU:TAA12K6SP15AXUPC:889551005302Part #:TA-P2-15C-12000-6S1P-AS150Stock:20 - 100

I just looked up this battery here are the specs....​

Specifications:​

- Minimum Capacity: 12000mAh
- Configuration: 6S1P / 22.2V / 6 cells
- Discharge Rate: 15C
- Max Burst Discharge Rate: 30C
- Net Weight(±20g): 1670g
- Dimensions: 202mm Length x 76mm Width x 61mm Height

The battery box is ~171mm long x 94.7mm wide x 46.9mm high

Do you see a problem fitting it into the box?
Just to clarify hopefully once and for all here is a sketch of the battery box MAXIMUM dimensions....

Attachments

• 920 Battery Box dimensions.jpg
    920 Battery Box dimensions.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 12

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval