Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H920 replacement battery

2-pack was just under $100 USD on amazon, end of Feb 2023.
Sypom 5200 mAh, 6S, 22.2V, 120C, 663.3 gm with shorter leads and connector change to EC3. Getting ready to test fly.

Attachments

• OEM_GENS_Sypom.JPG
    OEM_GENS_Sypom.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Shell.JPG
    Shell.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 17
  • DischargeStation.JPG
    DischargeStation.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Sypom.JPG
    Sypom.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 15
Good Morning,

Thank you for the drawing. I have been asking for a drawing for some time. There is a company that is willing to make batteries for this drone. Maybe if I could have generated enough interest and a greater consumer base I would not have to pay $2000.00 a set. These batteries are rated to last 5 years (with proper care). Also to have a higher rating to increase the flight time.

Good Morning,

This is what was quoted to me for a replacement batteries.

Good talking with you, here are the 2 custom options we discussed for your aircraft.

1. 9 packs total 3 per flight (Same size you currently have with higher quality cells) 4000 mAh x3 12000 mAh total $295 each. X9 = $$2,655
  1. 3 packs total 1 per flight (Will fit in the dimensions) 5000 mAh x3 15000 mAh total. $1,050 each. X3 $3,150
Either option will be good for 5+ years and comes with a 2 year warranty.

Let me know if you decide to stop by with the aircraft or email us the dimensions, otherwise this 2 options will work.

• Wow
Reactions: DoomMeister
Please consider the proven success other operators have experienced with a pair of Gens Ace 5000 mAh, 45C with the modification to the EC3 connector documented earlier in this discussion.
I'm playing with other options, in addition to my two Gens Ace batteries, on a small budget, until my favorite Californian supplier has H920/H920+ aftermarket batteries.

Last edited:
Please consider the proven success other operators have experienced with a pair of Gens Ace 5000 mAh, 45C with the modification to the EC3 connector documented earlier in this discussion.
I'm playing with other options, in addition to my two Gens Ace batteries, on a small budget, until my favorite Californian supplier has H920/H920+ aftermarket batteries.
Good Morning MDT,

I would be very interested in the supplier that you have in Cal. Do you have the flight data for the batteries? I have been using Batteries from Yuneec. The problem is that they are old stock with many draw backs (A) old Stock (B) Limited Supply (C) The technology is out dated compared to the latest batteries. The flight time is not near what Yuneec advertised. Another consideration for my use is, I.E. Lithium Polymer VS Lithium Ion. I don't have much information on the difference in this application but the manufacturer is giving me some detailed information. When it is available this will be shared to those who have an interest.

Reactions: MountainDroneTN

(3) Gens ace 5000mAh 22.2V 6S1P 60C/120C LiPo-Amazon , you can fit two inside the battery compartment, the third is mounted under the gimbal and I had to drill a hole through the battery door to run the lead to its plugin. Hope this helps you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220808-145123_Word.jpg
    Screenshot_20220808-145123_Word.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230511_190429.jpg
    20230511_190429.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
Good Afternoon,
I like this setup from the stand point it those who own Tornado H920+ and H920 options. As if we were waiting for Yuneec to respond a person could die of old age :). The supplier that I have written to has not made contact with me since I sent the batterie box dimensions. It was explained to them most owners did not want to invest more in the batteries than the cost of the drone. I will make contact with him again to see if there was a failure in the communications.

2-pack was just under $100 USD on amazon, end of Feb 2023.
Sypom 5200 mAh, 6S, 22.2V, 120C, 663.3 gm with shorter leads and connector change to EC3. Getting ready to test fly.
Good Afternoon,
Please share your results with flight time and results, if there was a camera or just the aircraft. Also were you able to fit 3 of these in the battery compartment? I was unable to see from the photo.

Good Afternoon,
Please share your results with flight time and results, if there was a camera or just the aircraft. Also were you able to fit 3 of these in the battery compartment? I was unable to see from the photo.
Bottom line:
17 minutes liftoff until battery "land immediately" warning.

4K video on the entire flight, 3 videos segments recorded, exercised the landing gear several times, 20 seconds rabbit mode out and back, climbed to 200 feet 60M, brought back to hover over landing area when voltage hit 22.2 (personal limit)

Aircraft:
H920+ with CGO4
5 gram ND8 filter
5 gram counterweight (coin and velcro)
26 gram dB120 beacon (RID module)
12 gram LumeCube strobelight
****Note: RID module and strobe light co-located on top shell at approximately 60% of the length of the top shell

Conditions:
Winds out of NNE at 05 knots
Temperature 78F 25.6C
Barometric pressure 30.28 in Hg 1025mB
Takeoff elevation 3,500 feet 1,067 M

Batteries (only 2 fit in H920+ compartment):
Sypom 5,200 mah 6S 22.2V 663.3 gram average weight each
Balance charged on A10 to 25.19 and 25.20 volts
Batteries sat 30 minutes before flight

*****Next time I'll move the RID/strobe to the center of the top shell.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Added info about the Sypom 5200 Internal Resistance:

All cells, with the exception noted, 3 mOhms per cell (second battery had 4 mOhms on its third and fourth cell).

Today as a contrast:

3 OEM batteries, with an average of 13 mOhms resistance per cell.

Same payload and operation as the previous post yielded

12.5 minute flight*

Conditions:
Winds out of NW at 05 knots gusts to 12 knots
Temperature 52F 11C
Barometric pressure 29.96 in Hg 1015mB
Takeoff elevation 3,500 feet 1,067 M

* from motor start and takeoff until the red battery warning, ST16 shaking and a prompt manual landing and motor shutdown.

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval