Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Handset Charging...

Reaction score
Hi folks - I'm new here. Bought my H520 today but am having a bit of a problem already. After unboxing it and following the start up instructions pretty much to the letter, I got it up in the air. A couple of basic moves and one or two landings later the remote switched off and the drone landed automatically. Couldn't seem to turn the remote back on properly but, when it did, it was just a black screen and something like 'run DNX, waiting for [something]'

I'm trying to charge it now. It's been on for a good six hours or so and still nothing. I'm pretty sure that the battery was well over 90% when I took it out of the box but can't be sure - that might have been the drone.

Thing is, I can't even be sure that it's taking a charge. Might it have dropped below the minimum voltage and now won't take a charge? Or do I just need to leave it longer? The light on the charger is flashing green which, if I'm right, means it's not charging anything - but then maybe the lights only apply to the batteries for the H520? Should also add that, after it turned off mid flight, I did manage to get it back on to display the Yuneec logo a couple of times before it went off again.

Any help offered gratefully received. Hoping to get it out for a good flight tomorrow.

Reactions: mexsailor69
To add, now when I turn on the handset, the small blue LED next to the switch comes on with a faint click every second or two. Is it charging?

Even if the ST16S is turned off, if you touch the screen, a battery indicator will appear, showing you the charge level. It takes 5 hours to fully charge.

If the ST16S (handset) controller battery gets to low it will take an long while to get any response from the controller. At this point it's a better idea to just let the controller charge. Lights in the charger only show the battery for the airframe. You can also plug the ST16S into a cellphone charger with a 2.1 Amp output. The blue light will come on but the ST16S won't turn on when the battery is charging. As Arruntus stated tapping the screen while the battery is charging with the ST16S turned off, will show you the battery charge level.

Thanks fellas. I was getting that before when touching the screen but not any more. Just come to check it after leaving it over night and still nothing. Just plugged it into my wife's brand new nokia charger so will leave that for an hour or so... but not getting anything when tapping the screen at the moment.

Sorry but I know that the battery is H.S.
Take out the battery and check the battery with a voltmeter. If the battery gives nothing it is H.S .. If it is around 3.7 volts, it may be the radio.
In any case, as the equipment is new, you have to do with Yunnec's service.

Thanks again. To update... I returned the drone to Clifton Cameras this morning. They were very helpful but could not do anything about it... they really, really tried. Ended up with a refund and am waiting for one from Hobby Mounts to be delivered tomorrow morning - fingers crossed!

Update... New drone arrived today and all seems to be in working order. It was delivered just as it was getting dark though so didn't have much time with it. Looking forward to flying it properly tomorrow.

Can anyone direct me to a pdf of the instructions? They weren't in the box this time around. I'll message the supplier but could do with something in the meantime. Cheers.

I had my ST16 turned on all the way from US to PH. It was completely flat and also took time to respond. What I did was I removed the battery, then reconnected it to the ST16 then charged. It took me like 12 hours or more before I got a charging battery and a full charge after about 18 hours.. not sure if reconnecting the battery was really the solution though..

Yeah tried that a few times but still nothing. As per previous post, I've got a replacement now so all good.

As for the instructions, the link doesn't work for me. Can someone else try it? It's the "H520 User Guide" I'm after here: Manuals

I've tried it and just keep getting an "access denied" type message. Cheers.

Click below

Attachments

• Yuneec H520 Manual+Datapilot Operations Guide_EN.pdf
    11.5 MB · Views: 8
Arruntus,
You do not have the page that allows us to make a nice download of a firmware that would make us do the same flights with the Typhoon H ......biere92.gif

It would be nice, the flight controllers are totally different. One doesn't work for the other.

That big update we're waiting for with big changes hasn't come out yet. Let's hope he brings a lot of the things we need :D

I've read it, yes, but what the PX4 Autopilot team hasn't developed doesn't mean that Yuneec isn't going to do it. You have as an example Ardupilot and all the possibilities and functionalities it has. The hardware is the same and it is also open source. It does not mean that development now can be boosted and something very good will came out. Or no, it is not known, you cannot be guided by that data alone. Yuneec has money to make it, and I hope so :)

I think that they have invested a lot of money to let it die for lack of development and even more so thinking that it can be the basis of future drones that they can bring out based on the same architecture. What is certain is that doing so is not an easy job and it takes time.

Another thing is that we don't see it yet, I hope that time will confirm what I say. We all want it :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval