Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Has anyone entered the Yuneec Typhoon H video contest?

Regarding the earlier comment about the white controller, the Blade/Yuneec Chroma uses one, along with a CGO-3 camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought so too but there's likely a lot of people that think they can sneak anything in, and a few more that don't bother to read the entry requirements past the first line or two. Lots of examples of the latter demonstrated in the H problem threads.

If using a 4k Chroma someone could probably claim the video was shot with an H, but so many are narcissists, always putting themselves in the video, so a little enlargement shows what they were controlling the aircraft with.

Many of us have taken some great video... Has anyone entered the ultimate $5000 Typhoon H video contest?

Quadcopters & Aerial Drones - Yuneec

I posted some footage taken in the Fall of low cloud cover (clip below). If anyone else has entered, post your video.

Yes, I posted a video for the contest but after seeing yours, I don't stand a chance. Very nice work!
Mine is at:

Yes, I posted a video for the contest but after seeing yours, I don't stand a chance. Very nice work!
Mine is at:
In art, there is beautiful and ugly. Everything is nice. By the way your efforts I like. Your shots are less rigged and it does what normally the kind that sees the human eye (my English is terrible Forgive me if I'm wrong somewhere with the words). CONTINUOUS do what you like and that's what matters

Mine is at:

Love the beginning and the fact you added wave sound effects (very wise). Also, you're opening scenes do not look like you ran them through a color correction (they look like Yuneec colors out of the CGO3+ camera) which is nice to see.

Love the beginning and the fact you added wave sound effects (very wise). Also, you're opening scenes do not look like you ran them through a color correction (they look like Yuneec colors out of the CGO3+ camera) which is nice to see.
Right. You write better than me. For me writes the translator. It is better to said if something don’t like us without cross-purposes. So, this the only way we can learn Captain.

Thanks. I've started collecting appropriate sounds for my videos.
Everything was shot in Natural setting. I just added a little contrast to the opening scenes. It was a typical gray day at the coast. I'll have to try the Gorgeous and Sunset settings sometime. Many videos I've seen on YouTube have way too much color; very unnatural.

- AWB = SUNRISE/SUNSET
- ISO = 100
- MODE = Gorgeous
- SHUTTER SPEED = 600 to 1000 (the higher the number the darker you'll make the image). You can really effect how an image looks with this simple setting.
Do you use ND filters?
I realize that video, being a form of art, is mostly a "looks right, is right" application, but a general rule for videography is to have the shutter speed at double the frame rate.
For example, 30FPS should be shot at 1/60. Again, if it looks good, then I say go with it, but I do know this is a fairly rigid rule for professional videographers.

I generally set my WB to Sunrise/Sunset or lock in a better color. (I hope Yuneec adds the Kelvin WB feature soon)
I do use gorgeous mode, then set the ISO to 100 and Shutter Speed to 1/60. (I generally shoot 4K 30FPS)
I then use a corresponding ND filter from PolarPro to achieve the exposure I am looking for.

I have kind of been locked in to using the above shutter speed formula from handheld pro cameras.
With a typically camcorder, you will get a very unnatural motion if you have the shutter speed to high.
If others are getting good results from the CGO3+ with the higher shutter speeds, I may have to start experimenting with such.

In the early H release I tried the Gorgeous mode and found it to be heavily over saturated but upon reading the Captain's mention of improvements with firmware upgrades I tried it again and found the results to be a better representation of color than Standard mode. The kicker that makes things really come together is when using Sunset/Sunrise, along with a little experimentation with ISO and shutter. I haven't found one group of settings that works for all conditions but in years of amateur photography I never found it there either.

There are some "standards" used for general starting points but those most always are modified as needed to provide desired effects. There's no "one size fits all" in photography, especially if one does not want to alter the imagery artificially in post afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE
Do you use ND filters?
I realize that video, being a form of art, is mostly a "looks right, is right" application, but a general rule for videography is to have the shutter speed at double the frame rate.
For example, 30FPS should be shot at 1/60. Again, if it looks good, then I say go with it, but I do know this is a fairly rigid rule for professional videographers.

I generally set my WB to Sunrise/Sunset or lock in a better color. (I hope Yuneec adds the Kelvin WB feature soon)
I do use gorgeous mode, then set the ISO to 100 and Shutter Speed to 1/60. (I generally shoot 4K 30FPS)
I then use a corresponding ND filter from PolarPro to achieve the exposure I am looking for.

I have kind of been locked in to using the above shutter speed formula from handheld pro cameras.
With a typically camcorder, you will get a very unnatural motion if you have the shutter speed to high.
If others are getting good results from the CGO3+ with the higher shutter speeds, I may have to start experimenting with such.

I also use ND filters from PolarPro to try to keep the shutter speed around 1/60s (shooting 4k 30fps) while keeping the ISO as low as possible. Supposedly, this creates slight motion blur which is more natural looking or pleasing than the staccato effect of a fast shutter. Keeping the ISO low is the key to preventing graininess and soft focus. As PatR suggests, the trade-off depends on the shooting situation.

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE
My disagreement is in that you do not start by saying that every situation requires its own settings. The settings that you need filmmaker at that time and they naturally change and is affected by many things. A simple thing that I can tell you is that the sun in each country has a different angle and a different brightness even at noon. So, type prompts like shutter/ ISO/ WB, I think these not help them, confuse them more. And a comment if you allow me. Making use smaller over scenes and especially the rotation of the camera, because snagging makes the picture is frustrating.
Your clip is short and clever cover imperfect and I mean that your masters was a one battery and took advantage of the most.

Dude, ArnhemAnt asked Captn what setting he used in THAT PARTICULAR production, so Captain gave him the answer.

Good job Captain! Love your work.

Dude, ArnhemAnt asked Captn what setting he used in THAT PARTICULAR production, so Captain gave him the answer.

Good job Captain! Love your work.
ArnhemAnt ASK:Great work^^ Mind sharing what you used for your manual settings? The main reason I am asking is that I am having a heck of a time trying to find some good settings for the early morning sunrises and yours look pretty darn good in that clip.

Captain Anwser: Thanks! I use pretty much the same settings for all my shoots with the Typhoon H.

- AWB = SUNRISE/SUNSET

- ISO = 100

- MODE = Gorgeous

- SHUTTER SPEED = 600 to 1000 (the higher the number the darker you'll make the image). You can really effect how an image looks with this simple setting.

Other item I do often is film while flying in TURTLE MODE and make use of the 360 Gimbal on a very slow turn. If you have the gimbal turning while also turning the Typhoon in the same direction (such as pulling away from a shot), it gives a nice effect.

Sarantos Ask : Hello CAPTAIN .

At the end of your video writing NO POST PRODUCTION ??

So....how can you fly so fast in TURTLE MODE . MYSTERY!!!!

I thing that in your first video for H you had said that writing in normal and editing at Davinci and you put the LUT. Am I wrong ?? Also you lock the AWB,

because SUNRISE/SUNSET is

excessive. What realy you do eventually. You got them confused ??????

Captain Answer :Correct, no post production as in: No effects or color correction added.

I film 90% in Turtle Mode. I rarely ever film in Rabbit Mode. I do however place the control on the ST16 between Turtle Mode and Rabbit Mode when I need to move the drone quicker.... but never fully on Rabbit mode.

I don't bother with color correction or sharpening in Davinci Resolve because I like the image the CGO3+ produces with the settings I mentioned above. You would have to film in Natural mode if you wished to use a LUT.

Sunrise/sunset is the only WB that does not add too much red or blue to the image. Sunny and Cloudy are terrible.

??????????

From what you read, the answers undone. I just say, when someone asks what to do or how you do it, to answer accurately. If you can not or do not want, do not answer at all. The fact that someone writes some things, does not make him infallible nor saint. If you want to read reviews that have only thumbs up and cheers, in what Captain writes, I am not one of them. The bad thing is that nobody bothered to read what he wrote and what he writes. ?????? What do not you understand?????

ArnhemAnt ASK:Great work^^ Mind sharing what you used for your manual settings? The main reason I am asking is that I am having a heck of a time trying to find some good settings for the early morning sunrises and yours look pretty darn good in that clip.

Captain Anwser: Thanks! I use pretty much the same settings for all my shoots with the Typhoon H.

- AWB = SUNRISE/SUNSET

- ISO = 100

- MODE = Gorgeous

Other item I do often is film while flying in TURTLE MODE and make use of the 360 Gimbal on a very slow turn. If you have the gimbal turning while also turning the Typhoon in the same direction (such as pulling away from a shot), it gives a nice effect.

Sarantos Ask : Hello CAPTAIN .

At the end of your video writing NO POST PRODUCTION ??

So....how can you fly so fast in TURTLE MODE . MYSTERY!!!!

I thing that in your first video for H you had said that writing in normal and editing at Davinci and you put the LUT. Am I wrong ?? Also you lock the AWB,

because SUNRISE/SUNSET is

excessive. What realy you do eventually. You got them confused ??????

Captain Answer :Correct, no post production as in: No effects or color correction added.

I film 90% in Turtle Mode. I rarely ever film in Rabbit Mode. I do however place the control on the ST16 between Turtle Mode and Rabbit Mode when I need to move the drone quicker.... but never fully on Rabbit mode.

I don't bother with color correction or sharpening in Davinci Resolve because I like the image the CGO3+ produces with the settings I mentioned above. You would have to film in Natural mode if you wished to use a LUT.

Sunrise/sunset is the only WB that does not add too much red or blue to the image. Sunny and Cloudy are terrible.

??????????

From what you read, the answers undone. I just say, when someone asks what to do or how you do it, to answer accurately. If you can not or do not want, do not answer at all. The fact that someone writes some things, does not make him infallible nor saint. If you want to read reviews that have only thumbs up and cheers, in what Captain writes, I am not one of them. The bad thing is that nobody bothered to read what he wrote and what he writes. ?????? What do not you understand?????

Sarantos, I understood the whole thing perfectly, you, on the other hand are the one who struggles the most with understanding it. In addition to that you are very toxic my friend. Do not try to explain anything to me, because you will fail most of the times.

As I said, Captain answered Arnhem's question correctly, I am not going to explain you why, because you don't have the basic english knowledge (and of course that is perfectly fine, not everyone on the mother earth has to know the english language, but for God's sake, if you don't know the language, please don't argue with people because you most probably did not understand 95% of what they said).

One more thing Sarantos, this thread was made to present the footage of our fellow forum users that entered the 5000$ contest, not to give horrible feedback about someone's camera settings or about them trying to help eachother. Of course you can express your opinion, but do not shove it down everybody's throat. So either adapt to it, or leave. We've had a person or two like you in here before. Where are they now?

Did anyone read over the rules for this contest? In the past you had to be a resident of the US of A to enter. Just wondering if they opened it up to the world?
Any free T-shirts or trinkets that the social media people offer they say US only.

Please could someone post the link to this competion....if it's not just for people in the USA.. I tried for the link in Captain Drone's first post but can't seem to find any refference to the competition...thanks peeps!
Here's what I would enter, hope you like it!
https://vimeo.com/fromtheairdrones/goldenvalley

Last edited:
I think it has ended already as I went looking for the rules and could not find the contest

Reactions: John S
Please could someone post the link to this competion....if it's not just for people in the USA.. I tried for the link in Captain Stone's first post but can't seem to find any refference to the competition...thanks peeps!
Here's what I would enter, hope you like it!
https://vimeo.com/fromtheairdrones/goldenvalley
PS: I learnt everything I know from Captain Drone, thanks dude!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimal khan