Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Have you updated your 'Pro' to latest firmware?

Reaction score
... if so, what happened? Mine came with old st-16 FW (b22) and 1.25 autopilot. It flies amazingly well... I'd even go as far as to say that I trust this one so I will need some convincing to update. My old Advanced totally knackered up after I updated to the latest firmware. Would love to know if any of you guys have updated. Cheers. Chris.

Reactions: Dragonflyerthom
I did Chris, 3 or 4 days after it came out. Updated a regular H and a Pro both to 2.25. Neither has had any problems.
Don't yell at me if yours goes bananas, lol.

Reactions: Christoph
I did Chris, 3 or 4 days after it came out. Updated a regular H and a Pro both to 2.25. Neither has had any problems.
Don't yell at me if yours goes bananas, lol.
Thanks Ray... Glad that yours is ok. I'm half tempted, however, seeing what it did to my other one, I'm feeling the 'once bitten twice shy' scenario... thanks ever so much for getting back to me.. appreciate it.

Glad to. If you are OK now and the update "improvements" are not something you have to have, I suggest you wait.

I have been reluctant to report my misfortune with the Pro and the newest firmware. I had hesitated to download the latest firmware after it came out near the end of September. It had been flying great of late; last weekend I still refused to upgrade. Then I got the email from Yuneec that the newest version was out and that it was ok to upgrade.

Mid week I did the upgrade to both the original H and the Pro. That afternoon I attempted to fly the Pro. I did a good compass calibration. I waited until the GPS satellites populated for the suggested 12 1/2 minutes, had the Obstacle Avoidance off, and flew in Angle mode: afterwards I let it hover a bit to see if it was stable and that I could read the purple and white sequence for some time. I took it up a bit higher. It was a total fly-a-way! No amount of input could change its flight. I would get the repeated warning of "land in angle mode and recalibrate the compass". I did not panic but could do nothing other than try the suggestions several of the forum members had related over time. It was gone!!!

After looking for it until dark (having no idea where it had flown beyond various tree lines) we gave up. I say we because I had a neighbor there who had come over as he had heard it hovering before it took off. HIs wife is a big Facebook person and stated she was going to post it on the neighborhood news rag. Right as I was going to bed she called stated that the drumbeat of facebook had disclosed a person who was inquiring about a lost drone in my unincorporated community. By the next day one person had told another and so on. I eventually located the very nice person who had found it. He was driving into a grocery parking lot when it came down and broke into many pieces. I had already reported the fly away to Yuneec and the return authorization and shipping label had been emailed.

One of the pertinent questions I asked customer service was whether I should trust the firmware download for the regular H? Two different people opined that it should be fine and go ahead and fly it. What I speculate is that several forum members have suggested there may have been different components at different periods incorporated into the Pro. Mine was one of the very early ones in July. Secondly, with customer service stating to several of you and me that there have been more fly-a-ways with the H more than their other products I may have gotten a problematic one. It went back to Ontario this week in its pathetic yard sale state.

The next question is whether I really trust the same firmware download to fly my regular H? Sending in two at one time might be a bit much! Customer service stated they are working on the problem, but I am a bit gun shy.

Last edited:
Christoph, with your direct question to the Pro owners about the decision you faced on whether to download the newest firmware I felt I should state my experience. I wish I had waited obviously now. Ray gave you good advice... don't do it yet and be wiser than I was. Gambling has better odds unless you are extremely lucky.

Christoph, with your direct question to the Pro owners about the decision you faced on whether to download the newest firmware I felt I should state my experience. I wish I had waited obviously now. Ray gave you good advice... don't do it yet and be wiser than I was. Gambling has better odds unless you are extremely lucky.
Hi Horizontal... Sorry, I feel a bit impersonal not knowing your name. Thank you so very, very much for sharing this with me, I really appreciate it. I am truly sorry too that you had to go through that horrible situation, I can imagine that you were worried sick as to what it may have done on its uncontrolled journey. I know that I would be more concerned about what it may have done rather than losing it. I'm glad that you were able to resolve that though. Facebook is good for something eh!

I suppose that my situation is rather like yours in some ways. I had a H advanced which I had for 2 months prior to this one. Never any trouble with it until I updated the firmware. I did all of the updates as they came out. Last week it did a manoever that I considered dangerous, all in the space of just over a second. I was using the Wizard at the time too. I needed full trust in this way of flying it as I like to take it out cycling. Even with the st-16, it just would not behave and needless to say, I just couldn't trust it and I was limited to our field which gets rather boring after a while. I decided to contact the fellow that I purchased it from and told him about the situation. I took it back to the shop and he had no quibble and insisted in swapping it for a new one. I opted to pay the difference and upgrade it to the pro.

The one that I have now is so amazingly stable that I cannot believe it! I'm so delighted and I can now at last go out and film the things that I want to. I thought perhaps that I should update it but was reluctant because of my experience with watching a perfectly fine H turned into something unusable via updates - hence my post, which you very kindly replied to. So I have been on both sides of the fence as you have by the looks of things.

I hope that you will be able to get going again once you get your new one delivered and once again, I'm very sorry about your experience. I won't be updating so thank you and Ray for the guidance. Cheers. Chris.

Chris I'm glad that things worked out for you .

You know Unfortunately for a lot of the UAV pilots that have not updated to the newest versions of the 2.25 in particular there are so many functions that are now on the ST 16 that you will not believe it

You know Unfortunately for a lot of the UAV pilots that have not updated to the newest versions of the 2.25 in particular there are so many functions that are now on the ST 16 that you will not believe it
Ahh... But I do know because I kept my other one up to date. Good on the floor.... Terrible in the air... Not much use in that condition unfortunately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval