Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New TH480 - firmware not quite up to date

Thanks, Wings!

That's the first time I've seen Gimbal Version V1.27

My new bird doesn't have RealSense.

Don't know for sure. Maybe it has something to do with Real Sense? I do have that but have not tried it yet.

Craig, I’d appreciate it if you shared your curve settings. These are the things that accomplished, experienced pilots figure out and I’m happy to follow the footsteps.

I got my aileron and elevator settings from a video that TyPilot (Pat) shared. Smoothed things out for me nicely.

Here you go. In channel settings tap A04 for K1 which is the pan knob rate. I’ve found making the rate -126/+126% with a 20% expo helps smooth out panning. You can rotate K1 (pan) slightly off center detention and then flip into pan active and get better starts and smoother acceleration. Of course hit save before exiting this channel change.

With gimbal tilt, you can enter K2 - the tilt slider - by tapping A03. You will notice that when you flip the gimbal tilt select switch (S1) that the rate curves follow. The reason that switch position 1 and 2 make no change is that they have the same values. By altering a few numbers you can make position 1 a better centered shot horizontally and position 2 more elevated. You can also lower the highest angle in position 3 slightly to keep props and motor pods out of shots in hover facing forward. Of course you can play with the expo rates up or down to play with the slider knobs response and get a quicker or slower motion depending on your taste.

Here are values I’ve found work for me.
S1 -75%/+75% expo of 28%
S2 -100%/+100% expo of 18%
S3 -84%/+84% expo of 40%

I hit save after each switch input change. Once you’ve completed, boot up the H and camera and place the H on a table (no metal if possible) and look out towards an object across your room like a door frame. Make sure the gimbal tilt knob is fully up. When you switch your tilt switch to middle position, the camera should tilt up about 5 degrees smoothly. Switch between the two and note how the tilt feel and response is now different as well. Next check position 3 and you’ll hopefully discover it’s rolls less high up and moves more smoothly from full up to down.

I hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
Will do. May have to wait a week or two as it’s way too cold for me to fly.

Still waiting for the daytime high to exceed freezing. ;)

Know how that works. Doesn’t take long for fingers and toes to become very uncomfortable (painful) in sub freezing temps.

Absolutely, my fingers are nasty in the cold. They start to feel like someone is hammering them against an anvil. Quite painful.

I avoid cold as best I can. Really not keen on temps below 45F. I think I’ve cornered the market on warm gloves of all sorts and chemical hand warmers.

My Dr says it’s from getting frostbite too many time as a kid.

Reactions: klattu
Absolutely, my fingers are nasty in the cold. They start to feel like someone is hammering them against an anvil. Quite painful.

I avoid cold as best I can. Really not keen on temps below 45F. I think I’ve cornered the market on warm gloves of all sorts and chemical hand warmers.

My Dr says it’s from getting frostbite too many time as a kid.

Was out today as it's going to be nasty with snow and wind tomorrow and after that bitter cold so I don't anticipate getting in the air for a while. It was 27 degrees and my fingers got quite numb but the H flew for just shy of 15m and not even a battery warning.

That's very good battery time for below freezing.

I went out for pizza today but I don't think that counts much for going outside in the cold. :D

Ron

:D LOL - the pizza came right of the oven at the pizzeria and I quickly got it home where I enjoyed a warm pizza

LOL :D

No drone delivery to my house. While I’m only 6 miles from a town I don’t see there being enough density here to even get Amazon interested in drone delivery. :)

Besides, the farmer behind me might shoot it down if it scared his cattle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanidharavi