Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help with landing gear

Reaction score
my landing gear broke off about a week ago, I super glued it back on but last night it came off twice while it was landing, I'm actually surprised the H didn't crash. I am taking it with me on vacation today and don't have time to order new landing gear, should I be using something besides superglue that I can get from a store and not order?

my landing gear broke off about a week ago, I super glued it back on but last night it came off twice while it was landing, I'm actually surprised the H didn't crash. I am taking it with me on vacation today and don't have time to order new landing gear, should I be using something besides superglue that I can get from a store and not order?
Hello, get on e Bay and look for parts. I've found two places listed on eBay that I picked up many new parts, way more reasonably priced than I would get from other listed retailers.
Mid City Hobby in Wisc is one place U may want to check out and Brighter Brands! I believe is another parts place. Best of Luck.
HiFlyer-1 / EdK/N0EK

I will order replacements, but I need a quick fix besides super glue for vacation, I won't be able to get any parts today. Does epoxy work better? What about superglue, then a string or tape wrapped around the horizontal and vertical legs to hold them together as a just in case?

Gorilla Tape may be a temporary fix?

Along with gorilla super glue? That's what I'm thinking, although I don't feel too comfortable knowing that the leg could just fall off.

Gorilla Tape may be a temporary fix?
Hello. Not seeing what or where the landing gear broke. I wouldn't know which temporary fix to use. On helicopter landing gears. I, at times, have used super glue and then put a layer of thread wrapped around the broken area and more super glue over that and I was surprised how well the repair held up. Gorilla glue is even better. Worth a try. Good luck.
HiFlyer-!/EdK/NE0K

Add some baking soda to a good hobby glue (basically super glue) and consider a sleeve that you can use as a coupler. I also have seen people make their own gear from tubular aluminum or have found same gauge carbon fibre rods.

Add some baking soda to a good hobby glue (basically super glue) and consider a sleeve that you can use as a coupler. I also have seen people make their own gear from tubular aluminum or have found same gauge carbon fibre rods.
Good idea and comment too. I've also done as U mentioned.
Lots can be learned at watching the numerous videos on U
Tube as well. Doing a search on eBay and other sites can land some pretty good deals and prices on most anything there is to do with the hobbies. Some Hobby sections in Wal Mart for example and other stores you will find a variety of
parts that may come in handy. I found some darning needles one time I used for some parts. hi. I found some tubing in a theft store I used for my helicopter tail boom sections and on ebay, just one was 10 dollars. 50 cents was the price I paid for each of the four I found in the theft store. Lucky me. hi
All the best and keep up the good work
EdK/HiFlyer-!/N0EK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech