Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

hitec X2 700 charger - anyone know fastest charge time?

For maximum battery life and safety, it is recommended to charge at a 1C rate. Pushing that charge rate will increase the risk of a fire. However, if you are charging from a start voltage 3.85V per cell, (the recommended storage voltage) I have usually seen charge times of approximately 45 minutes with the Hitec X2 AC.

For maximum battery life and safety, it is recommended to charge at a 1C rate. Pushing that charge rate will increase the risk of a fire. However, if you are charging from a start voltage 3.85V per cell, (the recommended storage voltage) I have usually seen charge times of approximately 45 minutes with the Hitec X2 AC.

Hitec X2 AC? Is that an AC version? I mean the DC version, want to use it in my van off my 2x12v auxiliary batteries.

I'll have to research the charging rate, don't currently understand it yet.

So in general, fast charging is not recommended?

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Please review this thread

LiPo Battery Care

Any charging over the 1C rate increases the risk of fire. With a 5400 mA battery, you should set the charge amperage to 5.4 A. Whether the power source is AC or DC is not a factor.

Hitec X2 AC? Is that an AC version? I mean the DC version, want to use it in my van off my 2x12v auxiliary batteries.

I'll have to research the charging rate, don't currently understand it yet.

So in general, fast charging is not recommended?

The X2 AC (older version) can be powered by either AC or DC, it should be noted the maximum output on AC is 100 watts total. SO if you are charging two batteries on AC you would have a maximum output of 50 watts each side which; while being much faster than the stock charger is below the fastest rate of 1C or 5.4 amps. My math may be wrong but I think that is around 70 watts? I am sure we have some EE's in here that can confirm. The charger can be configured at any rate between the two as long as the total is not more than 100 so you could set one channel at 70 and the other at 30 and so on.

However on DC the max output is 200 watts or 100 watts per channel so in your case charging from the van, you could hit both batteries at 1C. I would also note the newer X2 now does 200 watts on AC total and 300 watts on DC but; they do cost a little more. But if you think about the cost of batteries, the investment in a good charger is always a wise decision.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
I haven’t used any of my Hitec dual chargers on DC yet, only AC. Both chargers consistently charge a pair of H batteries, and even larger batteries at a 1C rate in between 00:43 to 01:05. Cell voltages usually start out between 3.7 to 3.94v/cell.

You cannot “fast charge” a lipo battery. Attempting to do do is dangerous, reduces the final state of charge due to excessive heat generation, and reduces the battery lifespan. Never remove a depleted battery from the aircraft to immediately recharge it. That also damages a battery due to excessive heat. Let a used battery cool for at least 30 minutes before recharging. Take the time to review the battery information contained in the linked article previously provided. Your questions indicate your understanding of lipos is short of where it needs to be and the linked article will assist expanding that knowledge and help prevent burning down your car or home charging lipo batteries.

I haven’t used any of my Hitec dual chargers on DC yet, only AC. Both chargers consistently charge a pair of H batteries, and even larger batteries at a 1C rate in between 00:43 to 01:05. Cell voltages usually start out between 3.7 to 3.94v/cell.

You cannot “fast charge” a lipo battery. Attempting to do do is dangerous, reduces the final state of charge due to excessive heat generation, and reduces the battery lifespan. Never remove a depleted battery from the aircraft to immediately recharge it. That also damages a battery due to excessive heat. Let a used battery cool for at least 30 minutes before recharging. Take the time to review the battery information contained in the linked article previously provided. Your questions indicate your understanding of lipos is short of where it needs to be and the linked article will assist expanding that knowledge and help prevent burning down your car or home charging lipo batteries.
Thanks, excellent info!
By fast charge i meant at least twice as fast as the standard charger which takes 2.5 hours!
Therefore a 1C rate in between 00:43 to 01:05 sounds awesome to me!

The X2 AC (older version) can be powered by either AC or DC, it should be noted the maximum output on AC is 100 watts total. SO if you are charging two batteries on AC you would have a maximum output of 50 watts each side which; while being much faster than the stock charger is below the fastest rate of 1C or 5.4 amps. My math may be wrong but I think that is around 70 watts? I am sure we have some EE's in here that can confirm. The charger can be configured at any rate between the two as long as the total is not more than 100 so you could set one channel at 70 and the other at 30 and so on.

However on DC the max output is 200 watts or 100 watts per channel so in your case charging from the van, you could hit both batteries at 1C. I would also note the newer X2 now does 200 watts on AC total and 300 watts on DC but; they do cost a little more. But if you think about the cost of batteries, the investment in a good charger is always a wise decision.

I'm in the UK and it seems there are no distributors for the new X2 AC Pro which would be awesome for my needs!
However, I just read here - Hitec X2 AC Pro 2 Port AC/DC Multi-Charger - Page 2 - RC Groups - That This charger is available in UK and Europe as the SkyRC D200.

It looks like it is exactly the same charger just rebranded for europe/uk.
I've compared images and specs and all seem the same.
It's available on ebay & Amazon UK starting at £171.00

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval