Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Using SkyRC D100 / iMax B6 and battery pinout

Reaction score
Helo folks.

I am planning to use other chargers (in addition to the original) with my Typhoon H batteries, since having only one unit that takes 2,5 hours to charge can be a big problem in some jobs. Also, I would like to have the possibility to charge them for storage, which seems that the original charger is unable to do (this is quite stupid, IMHO).
I've been using LiPos with model planes since 2012, so I am quite aware of their pros and cons. My question is: how should I configure aforementioned chargers in order to more closely match the original charger charging profile? Should I just use their pre configured mode for 4S batteries?
Additionally, since I don't have the balance lead adapter (and it would cost LOADS of money to buy one here in Brazil), I will have to figure out some kind of makeshift adapter (I know, I know...). In order to do that, I searched a bit around for the battery pinout and I've saw that some folks took the pack apart and found a PCB inside it. They say that it might be a circuit to prevent single cell overdischarge. Does anyone here have some more information on that? How should this circuit affect battery charge with the aforementioned aftermarket chargers?
Thank you!

Charge rate should be 1C, so for the 5400mAh OEM battery charging amps should be 5.4A. Storage voltage should be 3.8V/cell so 15.2V for the pack.

There is a thread or two that cover converting the OEM charger for use with a third party charger. It involves opening the bottom and soldering wires to the battery connections.

0761148C-4575-4365-B727-D634BFE114FA.jpeg
The two outer terminals are the main terminals. Negative on the left and positive on the right. The other terminals are the balancing terminals for the individual cells.

DO NOT open the battery case and mess with the circuit board. You can use third party chargers without doing that.

Charge rate should be 1C, so for the 5400mAh OEM battery charging amps should be 5.4A. Storage voltage should be 3.8V/cell so 15.2V for the pack.

There is a thread or two that cover converting the OEM charger for use with a third party charger. It involves opening the bottom and soldering wires to the battery connections.

View attachment 22683
The two outer terminals are the main terminals. Negative on the left and positive on the right. The other terminals are the balancing terminals for the individual cells.

DO NOT open the battery case and mess with the circuit board. You can use third party chargers without doing that.

I've just saw the threads about the charger modification. Seems pretty easy to do.
About the charging rate, I understand that the original charger runs at about 0,5C, correct? I have no problem with charging time if I can charge two or more batteries simultaneously.
About messing with the board, of course it never crossed my mind.
Thanks for the clarification!

If you have the cash I think this charger is the one to go for. It will charge four batteries at any one time plus Balance charge/Discharge/Storage charge and more.
Here is a link to one on I got on Ebay;
The other one that I also have and do recommend is the HTRC T240. It will do almost everything the other one does but will only charge two batteries at a tile. Both of them can also me run from your car or truck 12V battery.
Mike

If you have the cash I think this charger is the one to go for. It will charge four batteries at any one time plus Balance charge/Discharge/Storage charge and more.
Here is a link to one on I got on Ebay;
The other one that I also have and do recommend is the HTRC T240. It will do almost everything the other one does but will only charge two batteries at a tile. Both of them can also me run from your car or truck 12V battery.
Mike
I'd love to get this one and get rid of two chargers. But the cost is prohibitive with dollar skyrocketing down here. Also, anything that costs more than $50 gets taxed by customs in 60% or more.
But I already have the SkyRC and iMax and was able to find a reasonably priced balancing lead on AliExpress. So I will get them, even if I have to wait a bit more and do things right. Not in the mood to burn down the house...
Thanks anyway!

I understand your predicament as the taxes here and the state of the € at the moment are similarly to the problem you are experiencing.
Cheers.
Mike

Reactions: Lucas Galli
I'd love to get this one and get rid of two chargers. But the cost is prohibitive with dollar skyrocketing down here. Also, anything that costs more than $50 gets taxed by customs in 60% or more.
But I already have the SkyRC and iMax and was able to find a reasonably priced balancing lead on AliExpress. So I will get them, even if I have to wait a bit more and do things right. Not in the mood to burn down the house...
Thanks anyway!
Is that the one you did get? Cable over at Aliexpress. I just order it.
What are you setting from the iMax B6 if I may ask.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that the one you did get? Cable over at Aliexpress. I just order it.
What are you setting from the iMax B6 if I may ask.
Thanks
Unfortunately I've ended up not buying the balancing lead. Things went bad to worst here and I'm having to save all the money I can.
For the iMax settings, I'd let him do his thing automatically, just setting a low charge rate to maximize battery life. This is what I do with all my batteries and I'm pretty sure you can do the same.
I will update this post if I manage to get the lead.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal