Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How a sUAS works?

The ID devices won’t be nearly as expensive as what’s still to come. Maintenance and flight training, recurrency programs, documentation packages, incident reporting, incident investigation practices, and process improvement.

The formats were developed in 2015. For the naysayers, just give it a little more time, it will come in following NPRM’s.

I presume you are referring to the FAA's RID NPRM proposal requiring the broadcast of telemetry and ID data whenever an sUAS was being flown.

I haven't finished reading the entire NPRM yet as I'm saving that labor for the period I'll be recovering from knee surgury, eliminating distractions from the task at hand. From what I have read the FAA has some provisions that may alleviate some of the issue by allowing flight at specific sUAS approved flight areas, (read that as dedicated AMA flying sites) and blind broadcasting of the data stream in areas where cellular coverage is not available. I can't see how the last is going to be found satisfactory though.

An interesting part of this NPRM is the FAA has not established or recommended any particular product or technology manufacturer for the transmission of sUAS data, nor have they established who is going to be receiving it nor the manner the data will be used. In essence they are telling us we will have to do something nobody yet knows how to do or what to do it with. The only thing they have absolutely established is that drone operators are going to be paying for whatever they come up with, lock, stock, and barrel. From my perspective we can't get there from here.
Yes, That is where I was hoping to go with this. I agree with you and your assessment of this NPRM. I've done a little more research in the last few days, and I now know that Verizon is is they can do it with 5G internet, and I for one, don't want my name and address out there on the, so called"Cloud", and that is what 5G is. Their worried about National Security, and all this info my be on the cloud? Celebrities can't keep their intimate pictures secure on the cloud!

We might want to consider 5G will be as effective as 4K video. Nice to have but you can’t make effective use of it without having equipment that can deal with it.

Some business analysts have projected that upgrading to 5G will be a very long process, causing inconsistent coverage and bottle necked data transmission in areas yet to upgrade.

As for intimate photos stored on the cloud, the practice might be demonstrative of a lower than average intelligence level. You don’t give up control of anything you want kept private.

Reactions: John Hennessy
We might want to consider 5G will be as effective as 4K video. Nice to have but you can’t make effective use of it without having equipment that can deal with it.

Some business analysts have projected that upgrading to 5G will be a very long process, causing inconsistent coverage and bottle necked data transmission in areas yet to upgrade.

As for intimate photos stored on the cloud, the practice might be demonstrative of a lower than average intelligence level. You don’t give up control of anything you want kept private.
I agree. If you want to keep it private, don't put it on the cloud, or FB and twitter.

Reactions: John Hennessy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval