Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How does the landing work exactly ??

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just bought my H drone last week. i'm a total newbie with drone. Only flew some small cheaps copters before.

My main question here is what is the reference surface for the landing ?
When I turn on the drone, there's a just a small speed, no up force.
When I go up with my left hand, it's taking off, when I release, it keeps the altitude, but the propellers are turning faster than when it's on the ground right ?

yesterday was my second flight, was great untill I went down with my left hand to land, it drifted a litlle bit, but the speed of the propellers was not reducing as I was like half a foot from the grass...
I guess I made the mistake to use the right hand. It put some angle, a propeller touched the grass, the camera block fall down (the small plastic part broke, but I saw it's easy to change)....

I guess I have a problem with compass calibration cause when it's in the air like 5meters above the ground, it moves slowly into circle...is it supposed to be still steady ?

When I made the calibration the remote never turned off and on again like the manual said....
Does it need to be made in a field far from any tree, house,or electrical stuff ? ( I made it in my backyard)

And one more thing, I mainly bought this drone to use it over sea to shoot sailing boats...so I need to learn how to grab it with my hands.
So if it's coming close to you, you grab it, how do you reduce totally the power of the propeller ?? as it's not on the ground....
Do I have to be steady ? or can I be on a moving boat ?

As I read there, I should take off iand land in Angle mode, no obstacle avoidance, only use the left hand. Is that correct ?

Thanks for reading me.
Stan ( from France)

Do all calibrations away from any possible interference doing the Compass. The motor will be in idle mode when on the ground with no stick input, In the air,even idling they will have to spin at a higher rpm to maintain hover(Law of Gravity !!!) that is normal ! The remote, I never noticed? Where did you get that? Do in a field, face North(some will argue) Do it !Flip it as in video below! and you will know it succeeded if the H light (main) Also all the motor led will be solid after completion. White main, mean not sucessful ! Redo
Left hand to get it up in the air!
Not to belittle you ! But I would seriously buy a cheapy drone and learn the basics! Or you will be in pieces real fast !!!:(

Last edited:
thanks for these first advices DroneClone !
I'll take it slow...step by step...

I read this here in the manual :
If the calibration has been successful, all the LED status indicators will blink continuously, the Main LED Status Indicator will be solid green and the flight controller restarts, you will recognize this when you hear the acknowledgement tone, the same one you hear when you switch the system on.

Reactions: DroneClone
thanks for these first advices DroneClone !
I'll take it slow...step by step...

I read this here in the manual :
If the calibration has been successful, all the LED status indicators will blink continuously, the Main LED Status Indicator will be solid green and the flight controller restarts, you will recognize this when you hear the acknowledgement tone, the same one you hear when you switch the system on.
Thanks, Never paid attention to flight controller, only H lights !

Reactions: StanCast
and just to be sure, if all calibrations are good, when I'm in the air, the drone is supposed to be still ? to compensate the wind ?

Correct, also calibrate the Accelerometer and Gimbal, It may have a slight drift in place not very much!, if after doing calibrations, you still get circular drifting , that is called "Toilet Bowl Effect" Call Yuneec and you may need to send back to them as a few have experience that on here and Yuneec will need to fix.

When u fly low it is in ground effect... The rotors are causing vortices due to the air being pushed hitting the ground. Never try to maneuver when close to ground until you have more hours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval