Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How To: Access Telemetry Data on ST16

Hmm.. has anyone tried loading the telemetry csv file into exmaps? I got an error message saying "not found: telemetry data"

I was having issues with exmaps when I was using excel. I started using googlesheets and it worked like a charm.

@Yuneec_Usa Could you please confirm the following:
(1) Does the ST16 Tx accept 64 or 128GB SD cards;
(2) Is it possible to have flight data logs written directly to the SD installed in the ST16 while in flight; if not, will Yuneec engineering consider a FW update in the future that will allow this behavior;
(3) Please confirm the formatted file system for SD cards installed in both the CGO3 camera and ST16 Tx are exFAT, FAT32, or what?

The ST16 firmware has a bug. The header of the telemetry data file is not finalized by LineFeed. So the first data will be seen as header too and many progs have problems to identify the number of columns in the file. Maybe Exmaps also suffer from this. Simply add LineFeet at the end of the header (after gps_accH) and it should work.
Do not use Excel for those csv-files. Excel is very good to destroy data, but not so good to work with it.
To convert FlightLogs to GPX, KML or for Dashware search for q500log2kml.

br HE

Reactions: eric bee
ST16 has an internal memory of 5gb. Inserting micro SD card on bottom of ST16 will allow you to copy telemetry data to external memory if needed.
Well yeah I guess. But many of us have microSD slots on our ST16 that have completely failed and it is therefore impossible to insert said card!:(

i have tried today to upload the telemetry data to exmaps. it don't work. The data ended in the folder failed...

why Yuneec-Service Germany tell me it works?

Some GOOD NEWS :)

Exmaps work now...only the weather GIF is missed and in 2D you can't play the flight automatic, you have a slider. and in 2D the flight modes (initializing/Smart/Angle/Coming Home) don't shown correctly after loaded the map... its limited for free on 500 flights. and Safari only show 2D. for 3D you need Firefox or Chrome....

View media item 92View media item 93View media item 94View media item 95
and 3D of the flight (2fingers on mac is zoom, 1 finger controls angle)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: AussieCate
copy and paste your telemetry data (Flight Data Folder) to your SD-Card in the ST16. create an account on examap and upload the flight...

thanks to EXMAPS-Team for optimize the not correct data from TH to get read...

View media item 97View media item 98
View media item 103View media item 104View media item 105View media item 106View media item 107

after you have put the data on SD-Card put it in your computer to upload to EXMAPS

oh sorry... i have change the privacy of my pics (haven't seen it)...can you see now?

Question, why do 3rd party apps crash when attempting to launch them in PAD mode? Would be nice to load Hover as well as some decent video editing software other than the one pre-installed.

I can't even get Google Play Store to open, I've signed in, checked and double checked all my account settings, I can open Google Play Store on my Zen phone and my tablet but not the ST16 ... got any thoughts ?? Have I missed something or is the ST16 running an older version and the Google Play Store won't run on it, why have the Icon if you can't use it ???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco