Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How To - Escaping When Stuck in IPS Mode

Reaction score
As you may have read I ran into the same issue as Oliver the other day after installing a Realsense module on my bird (Yea you read that right) and after manually turned off the GPS to test the IPS in my living room I couldn't re-enable GPS and enter flight mode.

Following Oliver's guide downgrading to 652 and back up again to 784 did not fix it for me, so I submitted a ticket at Yuneec and got the solution first thing this morning with this reply

Hi, the system still thinks it is indoors since you told him so, you may need to wait a bit longer outdoors. what you can try is also, Go under settings, turn on an off the manual mode, 2-3 times end by off, then go under GPS switch and turn this on an off 2-3- till it is on.

Simple enough took the drone outside where it belongs acquired GPS ticked the switch on off a couple of times and I was airborne again.

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    416.2 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: Outsidethebox
Just a note, the important part of the 1st post is the response from Yuneec. The firmware changes were an attempt to escape from IPS, but did not solve the problem. The act of being outdoors to get good GPS and then toggling Manual mode off/on/off several times and toggling GPS on/off/on several times cures the problem.

This may be something that a future update could cure? You shouldn’t have to repeat an action several times to get the desired results.

This will come in handy in the future.

Good to know. Glad you got it fixed. By the way, how did you like IPS?
Got to test it out shortly today inside an old silo, and it works quite well. didn't experience and drift and the drone behaved well. only thing I found a bit annoying is that you can't fly through narrow passages because of the obstacle avoidance.

Hola. Me podríais ayudar? Tengo un h+ y desde ace un tiempo al cambiar del modo sport al modo "A" el mando drcho funciona del revés, hacia delante va a tras izquierda va la derecha, le e puesto la última actualización. Si alguien sabe algo? Gracias

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval