Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to get DNG files to show up on computer?

Reaction score
I recently got the Typhoon H and plugged the SD card from the camera into my computer for the first time... The videos play no problem but the pictures won't show up and will just say I have to install additional codecs for the file to work. I've read online that a lot of people just open up the pictures in photoshop because it can handle the DNG file. What's the best and easiest FREE way to view my photos? Thanks in advance.

try gimp webpage i did have problems with codex but it should work
or if you dont mind spending a little money try an old version of lightroom ( 5.7.1) its only £20 for licence from adobe ( or a code from ebay for £5 )

More info please... you do not have Photoshop, and you are asking for a free alternative?

The link below gives a variety of photo editors that will handle the DNG format... I have no idea if any of the programs listed have a truly free version...

DNG Capable Photo Editors

The other option can be done completely with no cost, but you have to put in the effort of using a secondary Graphic File Conversion program... though you may have to pay for an unrestricted watermark free version.

I find Pixillion to be an excellent choice:

Pixillion

Use Pixillion to convert your DNGs to uncompressed TIF files. You will lose no resolution and will now have many more free image editors, that can handle the TIF format.

I recently got the Typhoon H and plugged the SD card from the camera into my computer for the first time... The videos play no problem but the pictures won't show up and will just say I have to install additional codecs for the file to work. I've read online that a lot of people just open up the pictures in photoshop because it can handle the DNG file. What's the best and easiest FREE way to view my photos? Thanks in advance.
Set your St16 for jpeg and DNG.
I still have Picasa, it will open up DNG's
DNG's look crappy unless you plan to adjust them in apps, like LightRoom.
All my pictures I post come from video's I take, using GOM Player, free app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval