Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to install GOOGLE PLAYSTORE on ST16

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say, and have said before:
"INSTALL GOOGLE PLAY STORE AT YOUR OWN RISK"
While several have done it, and have it working, there are so many Apps that install services that run in the back ground.
Do you really want to be 400 feet up and 1/2 mile down range, and have something pop up reminding you of a doctor appointment, or that there is a newer version to install, just as you trying to avoid flying into something?

Off my soap box.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
With the understanding people like or want to load a bunch of stuff on their tablets they might want to consider the ST-16 tablet is quite limited in capacity and needs all the speed available for flight control functions, and bot have a bunch of Apps in the back ground slowing it down. Although there's a Google Play icon it's there as more of a place holder, not as a utility. You'll do yourself a favor if you ignore it.

All I can say, and have said before:
"INSTALL GOOGLE PLAY STORE AT YOUR OWN RISK"
While several have done it, and have it working, there are so many Apps that install services that run in the back ground.
Do you really want to be 400 feet up and 1/2 mile down range, and have something pop up reminding you of a doctor appointment, or that there is a newer version to install, just as you trying to avoid flying into something?

Off my soap box.

Auto update is much more convenient :)

I have a brand new typhoon with all the updated firmware but the App Store wasn't working I decided to look up this post on Google and installed the newest version of the Play Store still gives me the error when I try to update apps apps won't update and you can't install anything did I miss something in this post.

I have a brand new typhoon with all the updated firmware but the App Store wasn't working I decided to look up this post on Google and installed the newest version of the Play Store still gives me the error when I try to update apps apps won't update and you can't install anything did I miss something in this post.

By attempting to install PlayStore, you have managed to miss everything relevant in the thread.

I think I'll just use my SDK developer kit. And give myself root access so I can see if maybe I can use the SD card slot to download onto. I just find it funny that they installed KitKat on this controller but don't allow you to update it anyway. But you can't sideload just about every app on the internet with it so I don't know why they block the Play Store if they're going to let you sideload apps

I can't understand why anyone would want to install any app apart from Tuna's UAV Toolbox. Most people have smart phones so if you want to reference any apps in the field, say, then install them on your 'phone*. Indeed, the tablet in the ST16 wouldn't be able to connect to the internet via it's Wi-Fi if it is already connected to the aircraft, and vice-versa...and it certainly doesn't have a mobile connection.

(*remember to have that 'phone a distance away from the aircraft when you are calibrating the compass!).

Perhaps just an isolated case, but since I started leaving my phone in the car whenever flying almost 2 years ago I haven’t had any issues with flight controls or navigation.

righto.
Leaving my phone in the car every time since my third flight or so.

Perhaps just an isolated case, but since I started leaving my phone in the car whenever flying almost 2 years ago I haven’t had any issues with flight controls or navigation.
I leave mine in my car mostly but when I don't I ensure that it is far enough away not to interfere with the aircraft. I do almost always leave my mobile switched on, though, in case it is needed in the event of an emergency (contact ATC in the event of a fly-away in the direction of an airport, as stipulated in my Operations Manual)

hey captain i tried downloading play store like u said in instructions but not able to open it can u send link

hey captain i tried downloading play store like u said in instructions but not able to open it can u send link

I would advise that you actually take the time to read the entire thread.

Buy an Android Smartphone, it's already installed, keep the Controller for flying, it will pay dividends in the end.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Why oh why do some people insist on wanting to install Play Store on to their ST16 despite the copious advice not to do so?

Ready my lips: Don't install Play Store on the ST16

Shesh!

Hello guys, how to install a more updated android version on the S16? another doubt the drone deploy application works on the S16?

Hello guys, how to install a more updated android version on the S16? another doubt the drone deploy application works on the S16?

Simple... you don’t.

The flight control is built on the version loaded in the ST16. If the flight control software is ever updated, and that update requires an Android update, both will be provided.

Otherwise, as others have posted, leave the OS alone.

Reactions: rdonson and PatR
People can decrease the home return, typhoon h, because mine returns with 50% battery I wanted it to return with 20%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech