Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HOWTO: Update E, F, J, K to Standard (A) firmware, if latest version is already installed (v3.04)

I finally found a solution to update the firmware of the CGO3+ from the Europe (E) to the Standard (A) version, if you already have the Europe version with the same version installed.
Have fun!
Hi fux,
To install the new firmware, I followed to the letter the instructions provided in the video
and evil took me because the version for Typhoon H is the one destined for the USA, not for Europe!
So I end up with the standard version (US) for the ST16 and also the US version for the Typhoon.
When I download the EU version from the site Yuneec UK (TyphoonH_Ver3.0_E.bin), it will not install over the US version already in place in the Typhoon.
Can you offer me a solution to get me out please?
I would remove the update TyphoonH_Ver3.0.bin to set in place the version: TyphoonH_Ver3.0_E.bin.
I kept a copy of the previous version TyphoonH_Ver2.25_E.bin
Thank you in advance, a lot.

Hi fux,
To install the new firmware, I followed to the letter the instructions provided in the video
and evil took me because the version for Typhoon H is the one destined for the USA, not for Europe!
So I end up with the standard version (US) for the ST16 and also the US version for the Typhoon.
When I download the EU version from the site Yuneec UK (TyphoonH_Ver3.0_E.bin), it will not install over the US version already in place in the Typhoon.
Can you offer me a solution to get me out please?
I would remove the update TyphoonH_Ver3.0.bin to set in place the version: TyphoonH_Ver3.0_E.bin.
I kept a copy of the previous version TyphoonH_Ver2.25_E.bin
Thank you in advance, a lot.

You are wasting your time using the EU Firmware. The Camera takes about 2 minutes (or more) to connect and everytime you raise the Landing gear, the Video cuts out. I have been using the 'A' Firmware (in the UK) for Months now, the Camera connects almost instantly, even before the SATS are ready and the Video Never cuts out when raising the Landing Gear.

Reactions: yuneec53
You are wasting your time using the EU Firmware.
Certainly, certainly, I would have liked to be in your case, but the problem is this: it is said that the US version is "illegal" in Europe, particularly in France, for Wi-Fi compatibility!
So: is serious, the case of Wi-Fi, or not?
I tend to think that yes, here's a proof:
- I have a Typhoon H RealSense Pro and a SteadyGrip, each with its CGO3 camera +; everything worked perfectly with the previous EU version;
- After I proceeded to update the firmware, one or the other camera works perfectly on the Typhoon, but none by now runs on SteadyGrip! ... Indeed, there is no way now that my smartphone detects Wi-Fi with the SteadyGrip!

You are wasting your time using the EU Firmware. The Camera takes about 2 minutes (or more) to connect and everytime you raise the Landing gear, the Video cuts out. I have been using the 'A' Firmware (in the UK) for Months now, the Camera connects almost instantly, even before the SATS are ready and the Video Never cuts out when raising the Landing Gear.
Before this update I tried to load the std firmware. It just went through the upgrade process and still said E at the end. With this latest upgrade how did you load the std (A) version? Wireless way or sd card.

Before this update I tried to load the std firmware. It just went through the upgrade process and still said E at the end. With this latest upgrade how did you load the std (A) version? Wireless way or sd card.
Personally, I had the previous version EU and I've updated the Typhoon via a sdcard.
Going through the web, as shown in Yuneec video, seems to directly address the standard version also!

pixAero,
I had absolutely NO intention to hack, I went here, then I downloaded the firmware that I put in a SDCARD, then I installed in the ST16.
Why it was enough to overwrite the previous EU firmware and end up with the firmware US I do not know!

Sorry, that I was not online here for the last months. I was on a four weeks Iceland vacation and I had a fly away on the first day. My H crashed, total loss. No single picture or video taken. I was extremely disappointed and my motivation was understandably at rock bottom :(

I updated the first post with the current firmware version 3.0 and the links to the prepatched firmware files.

Since there are now more different firmware variations available (A, E, F, J and K): If somebody of you want to flash from F, J or K to A, please leave me a note here. I will of course add a patched firmware file for this variation then.

Last edited:
Since there are now more different firmware variations available (A, E, F, J and K): If somebody of you want to flash from F, J or K to A, please leave me a note here. I will of course add a patched firmware file for this variation then.
I checked them. No different firmware for F, J or K needed. They are all the same, except the firmware from the camera. No surprise.

So we can use one patched firmware to rule them all :D

I updated the main page and the thread title.

By the way: You can also flash the "revert" firmwares to try the other variants. E.g. you have E installed and want to try J - just flash the "Revert to J" firmware. And to go back flash "Revert to E" firmware.

Have fun :)

Just loaded your A patch. Previously time for boot up was minimum 1m 40 secs plus on raising landing gear video was cut for about one minute. Now 50 secs to boot and no loss of video connection. Thanks it is so much better now.

Reactions: fux
Just loaded your A patch. Previously time for boot up was minimum 1m 40 secs plus on raising landing gear video was cut for about one minute. Now 50 secs to boot and no loss of video connection. Thanks it is so much better now.

Glad you finally managed to do the 'A' Upgrade. The EU Firmware is Rubbish. The Next step is to upgrade the Antenna's on your ST16, stops the Video and Telemetry from dropping out. Easy and Cheap to do. I do a lot of coastal flying so the 'H' is out over the Water and I can now get over 8000 Feet with no loss of Control, Video or Telemetry.

Yes the EU version is not that good. If I went into Yuneec as I did with my first version of the H (the no Pro version) they never worried about the A software either. They of course would never install it for you but it never worried them, Distance is not my problem more the other way closer up. I am thinking very strongly of the Peau zoom lens installed on another camera. Pricey but Christmas is coming.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm new and I think this is a great community.
I've got a problem. Today I've received a new TH w RS so I've upgraded w today fw E. (I'm from Italy).
But I fall in error because I downloaded fw update std for st16.
Then I upgraded fw std on drone but after 20 second I read on st16 "upgrade succeed please restart aircraft"
When I restart the fw has not changed I see "E".
Please tell me what is a problem. I want fw A because it is beautiful. I had it on my previous TH (without RS) I love it
Tks in advance.

I've got a problem. Today I've received a new TH w RS so I've upgraded w today fw E. (I'm from Italy).
So you updated with the official 3.01 E firmware file from Yuneec?
But I fall in error because I downloaded fw update std for st16.
What do you mean with "fall in error"? For the ST16 there is only one firmware available, there are no different EU or STD versions.
Then I upgraded fw std on drone but after 20 second I read on st16 "upgrade succeed please restart aircraft"
When I restart the fw has not changed I see "E".
Which firmware file did you use?

So you updated with the official 3.01 E firmware file from Yuneec?

What do you mean with "fall in error"? For the ST16 there is only one firmware available, there are no different EU or STD versions.

Which firmware file did you use?
Okok I've resolved it. I uploaded file to reboot and reinstall fw.
So I've got A fw.

Reactions: fux
hi Fux,

thank you for doing this, all works well now. but i was wondering. where in the camera is stored that i am having an (e) or (a) version?. i ask this because i am wondering if i can install future updates directly from yuneec.com without having trouble going back to the (e) version?

regards

hi Fux,

thank you for doing this, all works well now. but i was wondering. where in the camera is stored that i am having an (e) or (a) version?. i ask this because i am wondering if i can install future updates directly from yuneec.com without having trouble going back to the (e) version?

regards
Once you are on the "A" firmware, you can just update directly as normal and it will retain the "A" firmware.

Reactions: yuneec53
very bad from yuneec that they let their Eu and other customers down.Great that we have a forum like this.

all well for droneflyers in 2017

very bad from yuneec that they let their Eu and other customers down.Great that we have a forum like this.

all well for droneflyers in 2017
I don't think it's Yuneecs fault really, they have to comply to EU laws, as crazy as they are. They have to put the EU hardware on the almost unusable low power output as that is the limit set by the EU! Agree that it is great to have forums like this, with a great bunch of guys who are willing to help each other.

Reactions: PatR and yuneec53

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval