Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I need an opinion on price

Its on the inside of the little battery pull door. On stock Yuneec batteries there is a bar code and below that there is a number that will start with a letter and then have a series of numbers so, a battery number of B010420172600422 that translates into a date of 01/04/2016 or January 4th, 2016.

Err, actually I think the date format is Day-Month-Year, so that battery is April 1, 2017. Either way the battery age can be confirmed... but of course ultimately, not their condition.

Its on the inside of the little battery pull door. On stock Yuneec batteries there is a bar code and below that there is a number that will start with a letter and then have a series of numbers so, a battery number of B010420172600422 that translates into a date of 01/04/2016 or January 4th, 2016.
Thank you for the information. I knew the barcode was there I just did not expect to get a date that easy. In your example should it not be 2017 or do you subtract 1 from the battery number?

well with the execption of my h520 batteries the bar code does not match in any way with orginal h480 yuneec battery date code with my orginal 2 yuneecs are april 2016. my 6 ultrax are march and april 2017. still going strong but considering retiring the 2016 batteries due to age.

well with the execption of my h520 batteries the bar code does not match in any way with orginal h480 yuneec battery date code with my orginal 2 yuneecs are april 2016. my 6 ultrax are march and april 2017. still going strong but considering retiring the 2016 batteries due to age.
Age shouldn't be the only factor just to throw them away. If they hold charge well, get good flight times and IR is still low, then no reason to retire, Just be aware, others on here are still getting good results from 2016 batteries. I do believe they are good for a few hundred charges in ideal conditions. But their chemistry means they are degrading, Just about slowing the process, bit like ladies or men with face cream.

Age shouldn't be the only factor just to throw them away. If they hold charge well, get good flight times and IR is still low, then no reason to retire, Just be aware, others on here are still getting good results from 2016 batteries. I do believe they are good for a few hundred charges in ideal conditions. But their chemistry means they are degrading, Just about slowing the process, bit like ladies or men with face cream.
Mine are 2016 batteries and still performing well. I ran three of them through my H this morning in 15 MPH wind and still getting good flight times.

Thats a great deal right there.

It is but nobody ever inquires. Instead of buying something they know works they go out and spend three or four times as much to buy the same thing, of which they know little or nothing about and either crash them or try to do a firmware update that wasn’t needed, do it wrong and brick their systems.

Sadly, it’s a pretty common tale in the forums.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I would even go so far as to say, I could make a strong argument that buying one of your H's would make more sense than buying new; not only from a financial point of view but from a reliability standpoint. While the Standard H's in the end became very bullet proof, it doesn't mean there might not be a brand new lemon sitting in a box in a warehouse somewhere.

Guess I'll be sitting on my 480 for a while. ;)

Reactions: Docdor
Should you let one sit for an extended period of time I’ve found they will lose accelerometer and gimbal calibration along with GPS position data. If you are aware if that it’s no big deal but if you were not it could be a bit of a surprise as it can drift considerably and act like a trim is off center and drive itself slowly in one direction or another.

Although I don’t fully agree with the 15 minute GPS almanac acquisition, that and all calibrations were exactly what was required for one of my H’s to regain the stability it originally had. It had sat for about a year without being powered up.

For those that ask if a new system requires full calibration, the correct answer is absolutely, without exception.

I learned that the hard way as I performed several FCF’s to assure all systems were functioning properly prior to making a sale to a prospective buyer.

Another FYI, perhaps inconsequential but is supportive of almanac acquisition. At least one of the makers of full scale “add on” ADS-B equipment states a new installation can take up to 20 minutes after the first power up for reliable GPS position data to become accurate and functional. That time period is generally much less.

Reactions: Docdor
I do get it out once a month or so and run three batteries through it. So far it has stayed ready for action.

Sigh... if only wives would see the wisdom in this... :(

You referring to flying a multirotor or something else?[emoji56]

I have the right to remain silent... if I give up that right, anything I say, can and will be used against me. ?

I would even go so far as to say, I could make a strong argument that buying one of your H's would make more sense than buying new; not only from a financial point of view but from a reliability standpoint. While the Standard H's in the end became very bullet proof, it doesn't mean there might not be a brand new lemon sitting in a box in a warehouse somewhere.

You'll crush it!

• Haha
Reactions: Ty Pilot

People have had success with Amazon 30 day return policy, extensive testing to make sure it's all OK if not return. I did that twice for two refunds, until I was happy. And the price was very cheap in the first place.

I would never buy a second hand drone unless it's cost is so low that I would be stupid not to. What I mean by cost being so low is a drone costing £1500 new being sold second hand in good proven flying condition for less than £200. In the real world, then, I don't buy second hand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giiir