Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I think I already know the answer

Sometimes I like watching my drone 4K videos on my 55" 4K UHD TV as well.
Ron. Whats the brand name of the TV. I need a new one. Also do you load the video on a flash drive and insert it into a usb port on the TV?

I have a Samsung. Its a couple of years old now. I did a lot of research to choose which model I would be happy with. Color accuracy and a reasonable price were my criteria. I recommend this site as a starting point for research.

44K and LED HDTV TV Buying Guide

I'm a photographer who also prints photos. As such I'm a nut for color accuracy. My computer monitors are all calibrated with my x-rite i1Display Pro. I wasn't willing to buy a device for calibrating the LED Samsung TV so I used some test charts for printing that give a good representation of colors and black and white. From there I adjusted settings in the 55" until I could live with what I saw. TVs usually are set for awful color rendition - over saturation, etc. so that they look good on the store floor. Most people never change the settings from there but as I said I'm a nut for color.

You can often engage techs who will come out to the house to calibrate the TV. Unfortunately this is an expense I wasn't willing to take on.

I generally connect to the TV through my Apple TV over wi-fi (Apple AirPlay) since I have an Apple desktop, notebook, iPad and iPhone. It's easy to connect via HDMI as well.

I've used the USB port but unless you have easy access to the back of the TV it can be a pain.

Hope this helps.

Wings, if you are not an Apple user, you can still get a "smart" TV to read files from your Windows computer via WiFi. If you have a modem or router and TV that are DLNA compliant, you can use Windows Media Player to communicate with the TV. That's the secret: DLNA and WMP.
I also have a Samsung UHD TV. My xfinity modem is in the next room by the desktop computer. The interface seen on the TV is a bit clunky but it works. I can view spectacular UHD video from my drone flights on a 65" monitor.

For me, plasma was a better TV screen technology (better colours, better colour depth, rich blacks, less posterization, more immersive than LED) so I have hung onto my Panasonic plasma for several years. But last week my profligate son splashed out on a 65 inch Sony XBR65A1E Oled screen (smaller, cheaper versions are available) and it blew me away. I'm finally going to have to ditch the Panny. Not sure when…I think I'll wait for at least one more Sony price drop. But if like me you can't compromise on quality, I recommend taking a look at this, and other, Oled panels.

For me, plasma was a better TV screen technology (better colours, better colour depth, rich blacks, less posterization, more immersive than LED) so I have hung onto my Panasonic plasma for several years. But last week my profligate son splashed out on a 65 inch Sony XBR65A1E Oled screen (smaller, cheaper versions are available) and it blew me away. I'm finally going to have to ditch the Panny. Not sure when…I think I'll wait for at least one more Sony price drop. But if like me you can't compromise on quality, I recommend taking a look at this, and other, Oled panels.
Yes, plasma was better looking than even the newest LCD screens. All the things you said about plasma are true plus a much wider viewing angle. But, OLED, my oh my!!!

Terrific responses from such a great group of knowledgeable people. Thank you!

Thought I would take some pictures at the highest res which is 12K. Manual says setting the video to the highest res which is 4092 or something like that will set the camera to highest res also. When I reviewed the pics in High res against the pics I had in low res, 1080P, I did not see a lot of difference. Then I remembered that to view the higher resolutions you must have a device that can play/show in high res. I have only a 1080P tv and a 1080P laptop. At least I think its 1080P. Certainly not high res. So until I get a 4K tv or some other High res devise I guess I cannot view video or pics in high res. Does this sound right? Guess I will be getting some new high res devises soon.

You are correct unless you have a 4K TV you can only view your video in 1080p if that is what you filmed it in and also if your TV is 1080 .
I think 1080 is beautiful .
Keith Kuhn

Unless.... you're playing the 4K video on a computer that can size the 4K for the dimensions of a connected 1080p TV. It won't be 4K but you'll definitely see video. I've done this with 4K content on a laptop connected via HDMI to a 1080p (HD) TV. The laptop graphics card will size the video for the laptop display and size it for the HD TV. I can't say this works on all laptops or every HDTV but it has worked for me.

Yeah plasma died a long time ago, not far behind light engines
Shame, I made good money servicing both

You are correct unless you have a 4K TV you can only view your video in 1080p if that is what you filmed it in and also if your TV is 1080 .
I think 1080 is beautiful .
Keith Kuhn

In my experience, shooting in 4K and letting the TV/computer down sample to 1080p produces a better picture result. I shoot entirely in 4K and its only been shown on a 4K display once.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval