Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I think it's time I drop Yuneec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
After about 3 weeks of dealing with Yuneec and United Radio and still not having a working ST16, I think I might drop Yuneec until the 520 launch is over. I was just told today it will be another 2 weeks till I have a radio and for a $2000 drone thats uncalled for. I tried to give Yuneec a chance after the first issue but over 1 month to replace a radio is downright sad. I was hoping to fly the H at FliteFest East but I won't be able to.

Once the H520 is out I might give it a try along with that nice CGO4/E90.

I dealt with United Radio months ago with my CGO3+. They have horrible customer service.
It's great that you can contact them to check the status of your repair online, but it falls short when you
realize they are not a nice bunch.
Can't really blame Yuneec I guess as they out source their repairs, but United Radio is slow AF.

Biggest issue with United Radio is that they received my ST16 with the issue of a bad gimbal. They recalibrated the sticks and sent it back, did nothing more. The gimbal was very slow to respond as the issue is a bad pot. They had it for less than 24hrs and sent it out.

After about 3 weeks of dealing with Yuneec and United Radio and still not having a working ST16, I think I might drop Yuneec until the 520 launch is over. I was just told today it will be another 2 weeks till I have a radio and for a $2000 drone thats uncalled for. I tried to give Yuneec a chance after the first issue but over 1 month to replace a radio is downright sad. I was hoping to fly the H at FliteFest East but I won't be able to.

Once the H520 is out I might give it a try along with that nice CGO4/E90.
We apologize for the poor experience with our repair partner and the length of time this has taken to resolve. One of the moderators of this forum let me know about this today. I have asked my repair manager in Ontario to send you an advance replacement. Not all interactions with a company go they way we would like, but Yuneec is committed to our reputation for great customer service.

We apologize for the poor experience with our repair partner and the length of time this has taken to resolve. One of the moderators of this forum let me know about this today. I have asked my repair manager in Ontario to send you an advance replacement. Not all interactions with a company go they way we would like, but Yuneec is committed to our reputation for great customer service.

Well I thank you very much. I have had good interactions in the past with Yuneec CS. Again thank you!

Reactions: Steve Carr

It's that kind of service why I have 4 Yuneec UAV's in my house: H920, 3 Q500's and only 1 reluctantly purchased Dark Side UAV (cough Mavic). I'm glad when a customer in need is slipping through the cracks Yuneec makes another save.

So, do you still think it's time to drop Yuneec?

ATM no, I think they are still having some growing pains but I an very happy with the response they are giving. I think a lot of the issues recently will subside when the H520 is out and the company can turn their focus to other sections. Dealing with new product line can be hard, but I think right now they are seeing people unhappy about the new cameras not being compatible with older hardware. Although they seemed to 180 that and the cameras will all be compatible in the near future.

They are listening, and that is a good thing. Many companies refuse to take input, but Yuneec seems to have listened to its customers in the past.

Reactions: Camflyer15
I think we'll be seeing a new firmware update pretty soon.

I've been wondering about that. Keen to see what is included in the update - no doubt this will most probably coincide with the release of the 'new kid on the block'.

Reactions: Rayray
I like my bird and have nothing but great results with customer service. I might buy the new bird when they come out.

That's great wish I got the same service with mine when I was having flyaway issues and still under factory garentee. I Fixed it myself for less than they would have charged me for shipping to send it in. All the vids to do repairs are on You tube thank you to the community around the world that contribute. I recently bought a newer H with real sense, find it has shorter battery life and still far cry from the 27 min they claim. I had to reset it once because I think it got a virous it started doing strange things like challenging people, the camera would look at and track what it wanted and fly where it wanted and refuse commands. This was months ago when I let a friend put my chip in his computer to down load a vid after a flight. I did a the factory reset and triple formatted the chip it seemed to have cured it and saved having to spend hours on the phone again waiting to get through to speak to a tech to only to be scrutinize so they can determine my problem is not crash related so they can deny the claim, and still stick you with the shipping bill. Also on another Note I have three Flight Star ultralights the company has been bought up by Youneec to produce ultralight electric models. The problem is when we need or want parts or to retro one with a electric setup they are sitting on the company they bought from Tom and not there servicing the thousands of people that own them or returning calls for info. It's a great design ultralight and hope that some day to convert to electric for local flying keep one gas for cross country. We in the flightstar community have learne to source elsewhere for parts but that can be dangerous for unknowlaged people who may for example replace a AN bolt for a grade 8 bolt. One is ment to shear and the AN will stretch and bend keeping your *** in the air and not below the dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy