Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

If my ST16 doesn’t connect to my WiFi am I (Out of luck)?

Reaction score
Got me a once owned H (ST16) that lights up real good but will not pair with the camera or the AC. It won’t even connect to my personal WiFi, I should try my phone as a hot spot, while you never know what work tell you try it.. that being said Lm glad I didn’t trying to do anything without consulting the conceal first. It had a broken nose the it seem to see the various WiFi accounts yet after I pick and enter the password it won’t connect. It would time out the update download and won’t even see the camera or typhoon when trying to pair. It only had one antenna when I got it so it’s very possible that it was turned on with one or none antenna. Should I connect it to my computer and update it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a few issues here. We will try to sort them out. We will assume you have the Typhoon H and not H Plus so I moved your thread to the TH Discussion (How To is if you are posting instructions or reference material).

If you have the two antenna ST16 the whip goes on the left and shorter (mushroom or square patch) on the right.

Turn on the ST16, go to System Settings, select About Controller. Take a picture of the resulting screen. This will let us know what version your controller is on. Post it here using the Attach files button. Make sure it is in focus.

Power up the aircraft with the ST16 off. Do you get a rapidly flashing blue at the Main LED? If so, tilt the AC forward by at least 45 degrees two or three times. The Main LED should begin flashing orange. If it does, power on the ST16. In the manual you should have downloaded from my reply to your first post, Use the instructions on page 43 to create a new model then bind to it. Let us know if the aircraft can be bound to the controller.

Respond to the above instructions and we will continue from there.

Reactions: Mike Irish
So I was able to bind the AC but it wouldn’t see the camera. After which I checked to see if the data would show and kaza! So I’m connected. But then it started beeping loudly. I recorded it and nothing changed tell I disconnected. I’m using an aftermarket 3D printed camera mount and I’ve checked the position of the contact points... thank you for your time in helping me do this. I finally feel like I getting somewhere.

The ST16 is on an older firmware, but I’m not sure if that would prevent binding to the aircraft and camera.

Go to this thread Way To Fix Drones project download the document by @WTFDproject and use the Attachment for Typhoon H Binding Verification. Follow it step by step and stop at the first step that you don not get the expected result. Report that step here.

For the beeping, it is most likely the right stick not being centered. Go to System Settings, Hardware Monitor, and check the sticks, give them a vigorous stir and see if they center and track your movements of them. Once you get that see if the beeping abates when connected to the AC.

Reactions: WTFDproject
It won’t let me unload the video...
You have to upload video to a site like YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram then post the link here.

Wow you guys are on top of it. I wish the Honda S2000 forums were as quick as you guys, I’d still have it if I did. I got a honey do list to handle and I’m going to try and slip a little testing on the side.

Reactions: WTFDproject
The ST16 is on an older firmware, but I’m not sure if that would prevent binding to the aircraft and camera.

Go to this thread Way To Fix Drones project download the document by @WTFDproject and use the Attachment for Typhoon H Binding Verification. Follow it step by step and stop at the first step that you don not get the expected result. Report that step here.

For the beeping, it is most likely the right stick not being centered. Go to System Settings, Hardware Monitor, and check the sticks, give them a vigorous stir and see if they center and track your movements of them. Once you get that see if the beeping abates when connected to the AC.

So I’m a little blown away on how crazy this guy can get. Lol. I went through the process to find out if the hardware was causing the beeping. I couldn’t see anything weird inside the hardware monitor. When I went back to the main screen the beeping started up and although it was loud I tried to start it and the motors started right up and a new noise along with not allowing me to shut it down. I’ll try to attach pictures IMG_3628.jpgIMG_3627.jpgIMG_3626.jpg

The pictures above indicates you have a failure on Motor 2. That has you locked into emergency mode.
Do you always have this indication, or was it a one time event? Maybe related to the start you mentioned?
Motor Failure.jpg

Top photo having the green arrow tells me you are in Angle Mode and the camera is not mounted or not bound Due to the lack of a video feed.

The middle photo indicates to me that you armed the motors without props. They will sound terrible and shut down after a bit with the 5 rotor mode warning displayed.

Appears to have a red flashing Main LED. A switch to Home (RTH) mode?

Last edited:
As @DoomMeister mentioned, you have several issues. You have an issue with Camera WiFi, a firmware update issue, and a drone issue of some sort. The drone issue is the most straight forward, so I suggest we address it first. Please do the following:
1.) Start both Controller and Drone.
2.) Wait until they are bound.
3.) Ensure the flight mode switch is in Angle mode (middle position)
4.) Wait for GPS to acquire.
5.) Ensure Rate Slider (Rabbit/Turtle) is in bottom position.
5.) Start Motors.
6.) DO NOT throttle up motors.
7.) Verify the motors run smoothly.
8.) Stop motors by holding the red button for greater than 3 seconds. (there is a 3 second built-in time delay before the motors stop)

Then let us know what you see and hear.

I really appreciate the help you guys are giving me and I apologize this is taking such a long time. I have a newly turning three-year-old and he insists on capitalizing my time and showing me exactly what I need to do especially when I’m working on something as fun as the typhoon. I only get moments alone and if I do anything after a bed time any noise will wake the whole house. That being said I was able to make a video of some of the noise and reaction of the ST 16 along with the typhoon reactions. I hope I got a good enough angle to make sense of the happenings. I was able to put it up on YouTube so I hope this all plays in a way that leads to Victory which Im sure will. Thanks again for your time.

@DoomMeister & WTFDproject spot on with the missing props, camera not connecting, and I did start to panic and thought the RTH would satisfy the land now command. Took 3 times to load the video but it’s on YouTube. I’m going try @WTFD’s 8 steps to drone victory in the morning and I’ll film the whole time POV style so you’ll see exactly what I see.
(Off topic - removed by moderator. Refer to rules 4 and 11)

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the video and the controller and aircraft are not bound.

It appears that the Main LED is flashing red and then you get the motor error warning. This is indicating a failed initialization.

You need to download and install the Typhoon H GUI onto your Windows PC from the Yuneec website https://webdownload-global.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/Typhoon_H/GUI/TyphoonHGUISetup_v1.2.13.zip. Once it is installed right click on the desktop icon for it, select Properties, select run as Administrator, then OK.

Now start the GUI, connect the TH with the USB cable via the bottom port on the aircraft to the PC. Now power on the TH. It should be detected and you should see green check marks next to the internal components (see the User Manual starting on page 60). Make sure props are OFF and use the motor test function to determine where the error/s are located.

When you get the GUI loaded and know what it determines, let us know.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 6
When you were connected to the GUI did you leave the props off and test the Motors individually and as a group?

If you did and they worked you need to refer to the manual and create a new model with a unique name (Bg TyH) and bind to it. Once you are able to bind to it and see telemetry on the left side of the ST16 and you get GPS Ready, install the props and arm the motors. DO NOT add throttle just let them run at idle for a few minutes then hold the arming button until the motors turn off.

Report your results.

When you were connected to the GUI did you leave the props off and test the Motors individually and as a group?

If you did and they worked you need to refer to the manual and create a new model with a unique name (Bg TyH) and bind to it. Once you are able to bind to it and see telemetry on the left side of the ST16 and you get GPS Ready, install the props and arm the motors. DO NOT add throttle just let them run at idle for a few minutes then hold the arming button until the motors turn off.

Report your results.
Thanks again for your help, time, and responses. I had an amazing 3dr and after I added an aftermarket gimbal it flew a little funny. I checked the wires and rushed out to fly but leaving the gimbal knob turned as soon as I started to take off it went full speed 180 and crashed then caught fire. Sent it to the repair shop and they said they never got it.

Now I dont have the time to focus my attention with this one as the stay at home with the kid life some how leaves me with less time and I don’t want to spend money unless I know I can get it running. And if I rush it and crash cause I forgot to do something basic...

Already money spent on props, charging adapter, gimbal mount, are just the tip as I know there’s more I need.
Like the battery pack has a little swell and a few backups would be nice,
the landing gear has only one side holding(maybe you noticed it was held back in the video,
I wanna get the hand held gimbal mount (it looks like the cheapest way to test the camera),
prop guards (any recommendations)
and maybe the GPS move kit to allow cheaper aftermarket batteries fit (has anyone had a good experience with them).
—-ideas comments recommendations on the above —-

I thought I got a great as the typhoon and st16 for $300 is a steal. Now only if I could use it for more than a test of my patience...

So back to the problem at hand, I tested the motors with them props off and both individually and group. I didnt see any updates or anything that would let me know whither something was wrong or right.
Also I wanted to Update the firmware but couldn’t find the proper file. I’m going to try and turn it on with the props on and record it even though it’s dark outside. I hope I have more to offer as for clues to the issues of this drone , until them.

Thanks again

So I started the bad boy up and it started beeping as soon as it fully powered up. I tried to step away thinking that it might the safety zone. Then without me touching any of the controls sticks and everything was in neutral position it started to takeoff and immediately went sideways(9 to my 12). It hit a clump, tipped over as I was holding the start button and less than a second later it turned off as it was chopping up some grass. Nothing was broken or damaged set my ego. Definitely a weird moment. I wonder why it immediately took off and went left.

I believe the next step is to update the operating system on both the remote and the drone.
I don’t know what to do about the camera as I’ve tried over and over to test the contacts out. I see the handheld mounts for around $30 on eBay so that would be the easiest way to check another source on whether the camera is the broken part. Unless somebody wants to sell me their’s so it’s a confirmed working item.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy