Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

If Yuneec made a Typhoon H+ what do you think would be new?

Reaction score
If Yuneec made a new version of the H to compete with the Phany 4, what features would you want it to have?

Easy - up grade the camera, being modular that should not be too difficult to do. In fact although silence is the only guaranteed thing to come out of Yuneec there must be additional products beyond Realsense in the wings.

Reactions: Firman
Easy - up grade the camera, being modular that should not be too difficult to do. In fact although silence is the only guaranteed thing to come out of Yuneec there must be additional products beyond Realsense in the wings.

I would love to see an SDK for modules

Sent from my Giant Robot Suit using Tapatalk Mech Edition

A journey planner app similar to Tuna's one should come standard and optional cameras that support Geo-tagging. Maybe also a different controller where you can use your own tablet or phone so it doesn't have to be so large.

A journey planner app similar to Tuna's one should come standard and optional cameras that support Geo-tagging. Maybe also a different controller where you can use your own tablet or phone so it doesn't have to be so large.

I'd love my app to come on every Typhoon as standard :) However, Yuneec really need to encourage a third party ecosystem, so if they bundle too many tools in with the drone it makes it very hard to justify developing software for it. I need to add enough value that people will pay to use my app. Then it's a virtuous cycle - I'm happy to wave the flag for Yuneec and try to add exclusive new features, if they're able to provide the platform to run it all on.

At the moment, I'm getting some really good results from my H, and there's not much I'd want to add to the flying platform - it's a joy to fly and has been very reliable for me. I don't think you'll ever find a photographer who doesn't want a better camera though, and in direct comparison with the competition, it's usually the numbers for the camera that people focus on. Producing a good camera is a huge challenge though - look how GoPro have dropped the ball on this. The current camera on the H is an easy match even for the latest GoPros.

Reactions: BillyTexas
Prevent fly-aways!!! If drone loses radio signal or gps signal it should just stop and hover.

That is what both the phantoms and the typhoons are supposed to do. Fly aways are a software/hardware malfunction and both companies are susceptible to this. No matter how advanced our drones become, there will still be the possibility of malfunction. In fact, the more features they add, the more of a chance of something going wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dragonflyerthom
Just hurry up an upgrade the Camera to the same specs as the new Phantom 4 Pro, with mechanical aperture your less prone to choppy video by getting a perfect shutter speed rather than relying on ND filters. A bigger 20 megapixel sensor, with a higher dynamic range of at least 11stops.
And one last thing Bracketed Exposures for HDR photography as I do a lot of that in Lightroom for Real Estate Jobs :)

Reactions: 0ldsc00ld0g
I love my H & don't need anymore things added to it just a new camera that blows all the others away so hope yuneec can deliver on this modular design I bought into so get your finger out yuneec a new camera should be your number one priority please please please

Prevent fly-aways!!! If drone loses radio signal or gps signal it should just stop and hover.
Actually it should RTL or be optional.

Or, the ultimate solution would be to use PH2.1 (triple redundancy dampened IMU 3x Gyro/Mags 2x baro 2 GPS plus RTK) and Arducopter married to Solo. Multiple options for OA etc. etc. That along with the currently available cruise control, 360 camera (improved version) and Team/Wizard would put a huge dent in DJI as they have nothing that could compare.

Last edited:
I think it would be nice to have smart batteries for the H. I like they way I can check the cell voltages any time if I want and I can tell them to discharge after so many days of no use. They also keep track of the number of times they have been charged and discharged. These are some very nice features.

Loss of signal from the transmitter should trigger Return To Home. As it returns, you should be able to regain control. Loss of GPS should switch to attitude mode. You should still be able to control it but without position hold. You do not want to just hover in many cases such as flying over water.

I'd love my app to come on every Typhoon as standard :) However, Yuneec really need to encourage a third party ecosystem, so if they bundle too many tools in with the drone it makes it very hard to justify developing software for it. I need to add enough value that people will pay to use my app. Then it's a virtuous cycle - I'm happy to wave the flag for Yuneec and try to add exclusive new features, if they're able to provide the platform to run it all on.

At the moment, I'm getting some really good results from my H, and there's not much I'd want to add to the flying platform - it's a joy to fly and has been very reliable for me. I don't think you'll ever find a photographer who doesn't want a better camera though, and in direct comparison with the competition, it's usually the numbers for the camera that people focus on. Producing a good camera is a huge challenge though - look how GoPro have dropped the ball on this. The current camera on the H is an easy match even for the latest GoPros.

Open up for donations. I know a few people would happy donate

Sent from my Giant Robot Suit using Tapatalk Mech Edition

Could be, but I'm thinking that it tries to RTH to the last known position of the ST16, which it has in memory.
With GPS loss in the aircraft, you can not return to last known position of the ST16 because you don't know where you are. If GPS was lost in the ST16 only, then you could return to last known position.

Reactions: Rayray
Better camera, one with at least 5X zoom or better. You should have several cameras that could be switched out depending on your needs.
Better batteries so you can have the same flight time with a better camera.
Better solution to GPS loss. Just going bonkers and trying to fly back to China is not a solution. Mabe it should just do a slow circle until it regains a GPS fix.

Better camera, one with at least 5X zoom or better. You should have several cameras that could be switched out depending on your needs.
Better batteries so you can have the same flight time with a better camera.
Better solution to GPS loss. Just going bonkers and trying to fly back to China is not a solution. Mabe it should just do a slow circle until it regains a GPS fix.
How can it fly in a circle without GPS? Just gaining some altitude might improve reception.

I would expect 360* OA for those that have a need of it, a second pilot view camera, mapping capability, camera improvements, and a dedicated second operator payload control unit. There would also be a provision to completely shut off NFZ's for those professionally qualified. Of course the price would go up.

Inspire 2 just raised the bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ergon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval