Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I'm a new forum member in Huntington Beach, California

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Bob Chesney and I could sure use a referral to a Southern California based techie who could fix a disconnected wire in my Yuvee Typhoon 4K camera. My unit flew beautifully right out of the box and then the devil took over.

My unit crashed and damaged my 4K camera which took a month to get fixed. It took a day of torture to get the Yuvee reconnected and able to fly again. Sure enough, crashed again and the camera wire disconnected again.

I could sure use a friend.

Bob Chesney
949/378-5134
[email protected]

Attachments

• IMG_3231.jpg
    IMG_3231.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3229.jpg
    IMG_3229.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3230.jpg
    IMG_3230.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
That's two strikes. Pretty good chance, three strikes you're out of a camera. You may want to consider removing the three black wires and just use the pigtail. See Attachment 1 ( CG03 Removing the Three Black Wires ) of "Way To Fix Drones project".
If you want to continue using the three black wires, contact John Mitchell of @Yuneec Skins ("https://yuneecskins.com/yuneec-parts"). He is in Citrus Heights. He also does repairs.

As a side note, it might be a good idea to remove the camera and become comfortable with flying the drone before mounting the camera. The camera is the expensive part.

Bless you my new friend! Do you think John Mitchell could remove the three black wires and show me how to use the pigtail?

I don't know if I even have a pigtail. John is in Northern California and I'm in Southern California. Anyone else you can think of that could help?

You bet I'll be practicing without the camera.

Thanks again,

Bob Chesney

If your Q500 came in the original box, there is a good chance the pigtail (Yuneec CGo3 Connector Cable) is in the box. Click on the picture below, it will expand to full size. That's what the pigtail looks like, and where it connects.
CGo3 Connector wire.jpg
The camera will still be subject to damage in a crash until you remove all three of the black wires.

It is essential that you insulate the end of the broken wire or remove the wire BEFORE you plug in the pigtail. The wire will be energized when the pigtail is connected, and may cause damage if not either removed or insulated.

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22