Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Interference

Reaction score
Greetings all.
I have a small older Sony action camera sitting around unused.
I have an idea to attach the camera to my cap with a clip(Sony product) and transmit to a phone attached to the St16
I know that a lot of electronic products work in the 2.4GHz "range" and CAN interfere with other electronic products
Is the camera transmitting to the phone on 2.4GHz going to interfere with the ST16 controller transmitting to the TH???
If so I'll dump the idea completely.
Any info much appreciated
cheers
Pete

Only way to know is to test it.

I REALLY was hoping you wouldn't say that Pat :D
I might wait for a bit and see if anyone has actually tried this and their results.
I think I would have to tie her down just to be sure if no-one confirms.
I know there are videos out there of people videoing their flight, with I presume, an action camera, but whether they are utilising 2.4 wifi I don't know!!
Anyone????????

A tethered drone in 10’ hover might well be the best test method to work with.

If you could put the H in a hover and stay nearby with the ST-16 while someone at a considerable distance started walking up on you with a running video camera you could check for interference. If any became evident you could instruct the person with the video camera to back sway or turn off the camera while you assumed control of the aircraft.

Some people that perform cell and other transmission tower inspections use a relatively low cost drone (relative to the cost of their test equipment) to perform an interference test flight before breaking out the expensive stuff. You could also invest in a frequency scanner to determine what frequencies are in use but unless you know how possible harmonics work and signal rejection of the equipment in use you still would not know if interference was generated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval