Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Introduction

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just a one-legged (US Army Veteran) surf photographer that really likes the footage obtained through drones, but lack any and all skill to fly them; for now.

I have the Typhoon H Plus, have gone by the book, forums and you tube videos before posting this. I've been able to complete the firmware updates on my controller, but each time I attempt to update my drone, I get an Update Failed. All my batteries are at 100% .

Any suggestions ?

• Wow
Reactions: Mike Irish
Hello All,

Just a one-legged (US Army Veteran) surf photographer that really likes the footage obtained through drones, but lack any and all skill to fly them; for now.

I have the Typhoon H Plus, have gone by the book, forums and you tube videos before posting this. I've been able to complete the firmware updates on my controller, but each time I attempt to update my drone, I get an Update Failed. All my batteries are at 100% .

Any suggestions ?

Hi and welcome to the forum ?‍♂️.
I believe if you have trouble with upit updates for the drone you can download the updates to a sd card and then place the sd card in the camera on the drown.
I have never done this myself but I am sure that someone with more experience than me will come along soon and advise you on the propper prosure.
Mike

Thanks Mike,
I did upload it to the sd mini card that goes into the camera, and i have another sd mini card in the controller although I'm not exactly sure why, just saw that it had a port. I'm still getting these screens.

Attachments

• IMG_4264.JPG
    IMG_4264.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4265.JPG
    IMG_4265.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4266.JPG
    IMG_4266.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
Thanks Mike,
I did upload it to the sd mini card that goes into the camera, and i have another sd mini card in the controller although I'm not exactly sure why, just saw that it had a port. I'm still getting these screens.
I am wondering if you disconnect the drone from the internet and then try to send the updates to the drone it might work better for you.
Mike

Reactions: Steve Carr
I agree with Mike. First format the card while it is in the camera. You can do that from the camera settings menu.
Then turn off you house wifi and try the update again. It can take a lot of time for the update so be patient once it starts.

I agree with Mike. First format the card while it is in the camera. You can do that from the camera settings menu.
Then turn off you house wifi and try the update again. It can take a lot of time for the update so be patient once it starts.
Ok great, Thank you so much, i'll give it a go.

ok so i did that and it failed again. I did notice this time as the controller booted up there was a "No GPS, IPS Mode" Does that have anything to do with anything?

I suspect just making sure the aircraft has a clear view of the sky and waiting for a good GPS lock will allow the mode to change from IPS to GPS mode.
So I was able to gain GPS with the drone but not the controller if thats possible? And regrettably the solution was to turn the GPS to "ON" Yup.....apparently I'm "That guy" haha.

Hi and welcome to this forum,and thank you for serving our country.This forum has been so helpful to me as I just look up all the Questions I need answered and eventually find the answer. There are lot's of Drone smart Gentlemen on here that are willing to help. You can use the search feature also. Just click on the magnifying symbol ,top right of page and type topic. Sometimes you need to use 3or4 different entries to get it nailed. Best wishes Keith

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430