Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New H Pro RS - Poor landing - Cold Weather?

They have a little wider selection than early Ford's. Black or white;) As to replying to my last, I don't think there is a safe way to reply to it:) That was the reason for throwing it out there; to see how some might respond:p

As to replying to my last, I don't think there is a safe way to reply to it:) That was the reason for throwing it out there; to see how some might respond:p

At our age;), we're viewed as harmless, Wife & Foe... that has it's advantages! Old Dog's can still sniff & bury bone.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Steve Carr
Dang, I just had an ST opened up to fix a switch and I planned to look for that buzzer thingy.

Steve, Opened it up, didn't locate any thing that looked like a buzzer or vibrator.
The item circled in red I thought was part of the antenna circuit, but it wasn't stuck down. I pressed it down to adhere to board.

The black barrel I think is "tone" not vibrator but either way it's soldered to the board.
Any clue to what I'm looking for?

St16 Open.jpg

Steve, Opened it up, didn't locate any thing that looked like a buzzer or vibrator.
The item circled in red I thought was part of the antenna circuit, but it wasn't stuck down. I pressed it down to adhere to board.

The black barrel I think is "tone" not vibrator but either way it's soldered to the board.
Any clue to what I'm looking for?
I have to open another one up tonight. I'll get back with you.

5) Battery notifications & Timer: Receive pop-up message only. No Tone to get attention... I’ve looked for option to turn on tone. I have “vibration” on but don’t feel any vibration.

I’ve looked and see no screen timer that starts on lift-off. Does a timer exist that can be displayed or popped up?

6) Speed of pirouette & climb ROA, I’ve looked & adjusted the expo curves of rudder and aileron a little to smooth initial movement. Didn’t play with pitch, has anyone found a good expo curve setting to increase ROA?

Looking at the H920's ST24 this evening.
The expressed Timer, actually Yuneec had a perfect one and got rid of it.
On the ST24, there is a OnScreen timer that can be timed UP or Down, and it can be triggered by when the Throttle is moved to a certain percentage to auto Start & Stop.
Now, why couldn't this be included on the ST16. It's a minor issue, but poor exclusion when it already existed in program code.

ST24 TimerThrottle.jpg

Reactions: zandoli
On Vibration Tone, The ST24 when powered Down gives off a 3-4 second Vibration.
I was looking for a way to test the ST16 and couldn't locate... Normally, Does the ST16 vibrate when shutting down too?

The only method I could find to trigger the vibe was to turn on OA while connected to the H. I could not locate the exact part without removing a board, but it seems to be directly under the USB connector.
I sniffed it out. I'll let you bury the bone.
ST16_Vib2.jpg

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
The only method I could find to trigger the vibe was to turn on OA while connected to the H. I could not locate the exact part without removing a board, but it seems to be directly under the USB connector.
I sniffed it out. I'll let you bury the bone.
View attachment 8648
Well done on both... o_O
So to your memory, was this a plug in item or soldered?

Well done on both... o_O
So to your memory, was this a plug in item or soldered?
The only way to find the part is to remove that board. If I were to guess, I'd say it's glued to the case so the vibrations carry through to your hands.
I suggest turning it on with the H and do the OA thing in the house to see if you get the warning and the vibe.

I could not find a setting in Pad to turn it on or off.

That timer feature is one that’s included with most all RC transmitters having 4 channels or more. And they call the later version of the 920 a Plus?

I would acknowledge some amusement when trying to find the right combination of positions and manipulations to get this sweet thing to vibrate. I was a bit reluctant to share the discovery. It seemed rather personal, really.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Indeed;). It’s a real good rig, but you have to learn the truth behind it before buying one or some disappointment would be assured. Angry might better describe those that allowed the conversions. I spent a month and a half of digging before acquiring and avoided that problem. I’m still a little envious you were able to find a new, original version. I do like my “Plus” though. The 920 in either version is still the best of their entire product line up.

Reactions: Steve Carr
We need to get back to cold weather and landing issues. I flew both of my H’s in snow fall and sub 20* temps and never had landing issues. Did have a fly away in really cold temps though. It was a real pain to hike through 2.5’ of snow to find the tree it made itself a part of.

It was December a year ago. I don’t attribute the fly away to the weather conditions at all, just something that happened. Compass warning and off it went. GPS had to have still been working as the Lat/Long depicted on the screen was almost exactly where the aircraft was sitting, even including the height above the ground. Fortunately some tall trees got in the way so it didn’t go far. There’s a thread covering the event back in the 2016 archives.

Last edited:
Warmer, ice storm on the way this evening. Today was damp cold 38, low misty fog... ugly day! Took H up, almost disappeared at 80 feet and barely see lights at 120 feet. 1st battery did 5 landings smooth. When changing battery, wiped H down... basically wet, camera lens all Misty... Ahhh, Play Misty... good movie with Clint! :)

2nd battery towards flight end at 14.7v, had a little struggle staying down on sticking landing, behaved like it wanted to lift, motors didn’t step down like normal... used kill Sw.

Swapped 3rd battery & wiped H down... had a warning ESC was cold and needed to preheat, compass gave little warning at first but cleared at 10’, flew nicely overall. During flight began behaving little twitchy and didn’t feel control was accurate... landing was a little struggle, not threating but far from smooth.

Overall, not concerned with cold weather and confident the condensation of warm home caused initial landing issues and misty air tonight caused a little oddity.

On the plus side, had opportunity to experiment with the screen’s green arrow icon. Understand it now and that helps! Although, as a DJI flyer it’s completely opposite so it takes a small change in reaction & navigation... all good!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval