Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is it a wonder we look to DJI !

DCJ,

The road has been long snd painful, but the Chinese are slowly learning that being a customer based company pays off in the long run. It wasn’t until the 3DR Solo was released that DJI initiated improvements in their service policies, and they did that only because people were buying 3DR and Yuneec based heavily on vastly better customer service. They have been working to make it better ever since, and I’m certain their CEO has fought and screamed over the changes every step of the way.

DCJ,

The road has been long snd painful, but the Chinese are slowly learning that being a customer based company pays off in the long run. It wasn’t until the 3DR Solo was released that DJI initiated improvements in their service policies, and they did that only because people were buying 3DR and Yuneec based heavily on vastly better customer service. They have been working to make it better ever since, and I’m certain their CEO has fought and screamed over the changes every step of the way.
Absolutely... Spot On... MBA Course 842, Maximize Profits & Shareholder ROI while working with policies & actions to appear to give a hoot towards Customers. Service is an Expense in all Industries. That practice has driven GM, Ford, MoPar and basically every multi-level company... remember the Pinto & Vega... it was a gamble if it'd fall apart before paid off. If memory serves... The Asian Auto market was the Worst and later taught improvement lessons to the automotive industry... Daytona, Formula and other races are no longer ruled by GM, Ford, Ferrari, McLaren.

No matter the Catalyst, it's internal actions that gets the job done and that appears to have been focused to achieve.... better than many Industries I've interacted... must have hired some experts in sociology and customer relations.

On a Humorous note: If my Lovely Wife came to me to state she's lost 20lbs; I wouldn't state the only reason she lost the weight was the appearance of the young Thang across the street, I'd recognize it took effort on her part and respond like a well trained Hubby, that appreciates the air I breath! :eek:

Agreed. Many companies are learning the best way to increase sales is to have the customers extoll the virtues of an exemplary customer service department. The department costs some money but all the advertising eminating from it, and new customers, increase sales faster than any other method.

Reactions: Dougcjohn
they are advertised for sale in the UK at several outlets, 2 models, one for the H and one for the H PLUS

Then those sites are misleading. Not Yuneec Uk. I would seriously demand a refund. Yuneec have never said the C23 is available for the H. They have only ever said one may be available.
Take your gripe to the company that took your money.

Reactions: AH-1G
Forums like this one force companies to rethink the way they treat their customers, once the sale is made it is not over. The companies have someone read the comments on the forums, I am on a few DJI forums too and it is extremely obvious. On some forums they even post and say they are ¨Joe¨ or whatever from company X.

Forums like this one force companies to rethink the way they treat their customers, once the sale is made it is not over. The companies have someone read the comments on the forums, I am on a few DJI forums too and it is extremely obvious. On some forums they even post and say they are ¨Joe¨ or whatever from company X.

I disagree... But DJI taps in the forums, whereas YUNEEC does not. Want Yuneec to hear you out? Post on instagram, because Yuneec is busy playing catch-up with DJI to be spending their time in the forums.

I disagree... But DJI taps in the forums, whereas YUNEEC does not. Want Yuneec to hear you out? Post on instagram, because Yuneec is busy playing catch-up with DJI to be spending their time in the forums.

Trust me they do read the forums they just don’t comment. They take a back seat read

Reactions: thetrecker
There are many truths, aren´t there. I don't source on Instagram, I find my info on facebook forums, forums like this one , other forums,
Guess depends on country , culture and and and
This is where marketing is helpful, who are the potentials clients and where do they hang out. What are their needs, problems ....

Last edited:
Trust me they do read the forums they just don’t comment. They take a back seat read

So rather than our community issues not being heard... they're just being ignored... well I certainly feel better now... woohoo!

Clearly, individuals needs vary so you end up owning multiple platforms for different jobs. It seems all manufacturing misses a “mark” or feature according to these threads. I fly with the attitude that the best drone and camera is the one I have with me. So most of the time I’ve got my Plus in my car but I always carry my portable Anafi everywhere because of its ease of use. This is mostly because the Plus requires more planning and deliberation due to its larger size and pre flight needs not to mention it’s much more attention getting. The stealth marketed as portability of the Mavic and Air platforms in my opinion is what propelled their sales more than the cameras and gimbals.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I think the point of which company reads what networking program is moot. We as non-Chinese consumers are attempting to equate our approach to consumerism on a country that has almost no compatibility with other countries.

DJI and Yuneec may be listening to the networks because of competition but the simple reality is that they're still selling drones while virtually ignoring the consumer. The Yuneec companies outside of China are still beholding to the Chinese corporation mentality.

Today there is a front coming in which usually translates into great sunrise time. I took the Plus out and left it alone. I opted to stay with my calibration I did Monday and not do again as I’m at same general location. Everything was fine and I saw one moment of the RC signal drop (momentary red dot icon over the antenna icon) but no loss of control. I did two flights with reduced time as it was chilly this am but I still got over 12 safe minutes on each. For now, I’m not worried about my anomaly’s the other day as that’s pretty much a typical Yuneec behavior - weirdness one day then flawless the next.

I put the Anafi up and captured the Plus in action. Here is a JPG from this morning.IMG_0015.jpg

It was really going then the sun rose into a cloud behind the mountains and the color disappeared. I have to say, since getting a camera drone (my original Blade 180 ) I have been chasing sky and color now for over three years. I’ve gotten good at predicting good days based on cloud type and cover. Tucson is known for our spectacular sky and being “sky” city, has very little night lighting that deflects upward. We regulate darkness here for all the observatories that ring our city. The steadiness and panning off the Yuneec hex drones for long looks at subtle light and sky changes is why I’m sticking with Yuneec and made a significant investment in batteries, bags, holders, ND filters, and the rest.

So far, the Plus is worthy of my attention but I can always fall back on my 480s and the Anafi is an awesome companion for back up and B roll and stills. That’s was my experiment today with the Plus doing the video and the Anafi grabbing the photos. I’m a very satisfied user this morning who is looking forward to viewing today’s work.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
It was really going then the sun rose into a cloud behind the mountains and the color disappeared. I have to say, since getting a camera drone (my original Blade 180 ) I have been chasing sky and color now for over three years. I’ve gotten good at predicting good days based on cloud type and cover. Tucson is known for our spectacular sky and being “sky” city, has very little night lighting that deflects upward. We regulate darkness here for all the observatories that ring our city. The steadiness and panning off the Yuneec hex drones for long looks at subtle light and sky changes is why I’m sticking with Yuneec and made a significant investment in batteries, bags, holders, ND filters, and the rest.

So far, the Plus is worthy of my attention but I can always fall back on my 480s and the Anafi is an awesome companion for back up and B roll and stills. That’s was my experiment today with the Plus doing the video and the Anafi grabbing the photos. I’m a very satisfied user this morning who is looking forward to viewing today’s work.
would like to see some pics or video from the Yuneec from this morning that Anafi pic is awesome

Here is battery one part two where I held stationary and watched the light change. This is 1920 x 1080 at 60 frames uploaded directly to YouTube from QuickTime.

This is the next battery flight. I had to raise the shutter speed here. I had the ISO at 100 for both batteries. The camera controls covering half the screen makes selecting the right speed a bit tricky. I always go underexposed a bit as it’s going to be overexposed pretty soon during the shot in a sunrise. This slow pan test will show that.

Last edited:
Ok last one from this morning. This picks up on one of my favorite subjects which is our Catalina Mountains. This time of year the light descends magically down those southern slopes and the light and shadow to your eye is quite dramatic. It’s a good test of a camera and the less the camera moves, the better. For sure this camera leans a bit yellow so I think in post I could get it back towards red and get the more pink hue that was there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bancadoithuongads