Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is this image soft?

How do you zoom in? there is no zoom ability on the H, or is this another type camera? Not bad in my eyes!;)

Enlarging the view on a computer automatically "softens" a picture as the pixels are moved farther and farther apart during the enlargement process. How much you can enlarge before pixelating is dependent of the photo resolution. A 24mpxl photo can be enlarged much more than a 12mpxl photo before sharpness is degraded.

I would imaging it would be very difficult to get consistently good image quality from a moving H.
There is basically a simple lens in front of the sensor.
Its not on a tripod, its on a moving H, trying to compensate for pilot inputs as well as wind.
I think it does a great job for what it is for the price.
Good quality DSLR camera lenses have vibration reduction built in at a large cost.
Maybe if the lens was focused about 1/3 of the way into the scene, more depth in the scene would be in focus.
Looks to have been possibly focused a little too close.

Hyperfocal Distance Explained

I would imaging it would be very difficult to get consistently good image quality from a moving H.
There is basically a simple lens in front of the sensor.
Its not on a tripod, its on a moving H, trying to compensate for pilot inputs as well as wind.
I think it does a great job for what it is for the price.
Good quality DSLR camera lenses have vibration reduction built in at a large cost.
Maybe if the lens was focused about 1/3 of the way into the scene, more depth in the scene would be in focus.
Looks to have been possibly focused a little too close.

Hyperfocal Distance Explained
Seeing as this is a fixed focus camera and very wide angle, Hyperfocal Distance is largely irrelevant I should think.
You cannot choose your focal point which is one reason that very wide angles are used as everything is (nearly) in focus
I maintain that the OP (who has not bothered to come back yet) needs to post his camera settings if he expects any advice. Was it shot auto or manual? If manual what was the ISO and shutter speed?

I should have added that it was people fitting 3rd party lenses or tinkering with their own who would be refocusing.

That photo is a prime example of the issues with these cameras, the lens doesn't have enough resolving power and suffers from distortion once you are outside of the middle third. it also has a large amount of Chromatic Aberration.
I have $2000 dollar lenses that have CA, it can usually be removed in PP. Yes there is distortion but there always will be with this type of lens. This though is not the issue the OP was referring to.

Reactions: jwjohnson
That's cute your $2000 lens. $2000 doesn't even get you into the door to look at the lenses I use and yes there is CA along with distortion and a lack of resolution. And FYI ALL lens have CA its just that good manufactures make it outside the image circle
Which was exactly my point, all lenses have some CA which was not a problem the OP was referring to so kind of unnecessary.

Sorry for not responding sooner; it's been a busy month. From the Properties tab on the photo:

f/2.8
exposure time: 1/1081
ISO-100
WB - auto

BTW, thanks to everyone for your comments.

It sure looks like the field in the left is out of focus, as the flag is nice and sharp. There may be a bit of an optical illusion involved, as the flag is very contrasty and sharpens well, and the trees are not so contrasty, but still.... I've seen better looking images with the H, so I'd contact Yuneec in any case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval