Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

"Jello effect" video

Was this with the drone on or off, motors running or not? Not flying though.
I tested it on the table with the engines off. When the drone is in the air it is impossible to tell if the gimbal is buzzing because of the noise.

This is definitely a vibration issue in the gimbal itself.

And it looks a lot like the buzzing issue that where introduced in one of the first updates yuneec sent out.
I had my camera shipped to yuneec for calibration and back then the issue was fixed by yuneec Germany.

I'm assuming that you have checked the rubber dampers for damage and also checked that the gimbal moves freely without obstruction on all tree axis?
I'm sending the drone to Germany today. Since it just returned from there they promised to repair it with the highest priority.

Reactions: AH-1G
I'm sending the drone to Germany today. Since it just returned from there they promised to repair it with the highest priority.
Finally, it's the 4th shipment, so the first 3 people were incompetent ...:rolleyes:
Please keep us informed if the problem is resolved and what firmware versions are installed.
Good luck

abant .
If the firmware updates do not solve the problem , balance those props .
These machines are sophisticated .
When they give issues , it is human nature to a seek a sophisticated solution .
If you have not already balanced the props , it would not be time wasted .
Hope This Helps .

I was asked to provide a copy of the document confirming the purchase (hmm, previously such questions did not arise). I provided it and after that I received a message:
"We will replace your camera with a new one, do all the bindings and updates and send it back today."
So, they're not likely to tell us what happened to the camera or to the gimbal. However, the fact of replacement suggests a factory defect.

Reactions: oliver

I would like to ask experts to comment on this vibration. What could have caused it?

I would like to ask experts to comment on this vibration. What could have caused it?

In my opinion, this is caused by either an unbalanced prop, a bad motor shaking on a specific rpm or an overloaded gimbal.

If you have sever vibration, hover the drone about 6' high with gears down. Put our hand on the landing strut, and feel how much vibration you have. Now there will be a little vibration, so you will have to determine what is a little or a lot?

While touching the landing gear, make sure you don't pull it down or push it up!
Be very careful!!!!!!!

ND8 filter weight with the ring was 7.4 grams, the counterweight was 4.4 grams.
viber image 2019-02-10 , 12.21.23.jpg
"unbalanced prop", "bad motor shaking on a specific rpm" - How can I check these versions?

What do you mean by overloaded gimble, I'm not sure what that is?

If you are flying with a heavy ND filter the gimbal motors will have to work extra hard to keep the gimbal in balance, this will after a while give you micro vibrations that are visible in footage. You can easily see it with the naked eye or even hear it if you turn on your drone while on a flat surface the gimbal is gonna slightly vibrate or make a slight buzz.

Reactions: AH-1G
ND8 filter weight with the ring was 7.4 grams, the counterweight was 4.4 grams.
View attachment 14421
"unbalanced prop", "bad motor shaking on a specific rpm" - How can I check these versions?

It is easy to check the overload of the gimbal just try to fly without filter if your problem goes away then it's your filter being to heavy :-( prop balance look here:
A bad motor is worse, but if you spin them with your fingers do all feel the same?

In a static flight no problems arose. These vibrations not present constantly and appear periodically.

In a static flight no problems arose. These vibrations not present constantly and appear periodically.
Then it sounds like a issue with one of motors. Have you checked the propeller mounts if one are loose?

Then it sounds like a issue with one of motors. Have you checked the propeller mounts if one are loose?
The props are sitting very tightly. If you hold the motor and try to turn the propeller, you can feel a barely noticeable backlash.

The props are sitting very tightly. If you hold the motor and try to turn the propeller, you can feel a barely noticeable backlash.

That sounds normal I am out of ideas then :-(

Could it be a gust of wind?

No wind wouldn't do that, at least in all my 4,500+ minutes of flying.
Is this intermittent?

No wind wouldn't do that, at least in all my 4,500+ minutes of flying.
Is this intermittent?
Yes. I'll post a slightly longer video.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio